Here we can see, “Setting up Hotmail with Outlook 2007”
One of the major challenges that many customers have with the new Outlook 2007, which is part of the Office 2007 Suite, is that they cannot connect it to their Hotmail, MSN, or Live email accounts. This will demonstrate how to connect to them and use them from the Outlook 2007 interface. You probably utilized Windows Live Mail to complete this activity if you’re anything like me. You won’t need it anymore now that you have this guide.
Software is required
*Validation is required for the Outlook Connector.
Steps to follow
- To begin, you’ll need to create a new account.
- You want to set up the email account manually here. Then, check the box to proceed to the next step.
- The Internet Mail setting can be found here.
- This is where you will configure your settings. To begin, switch the settings from POP to HTTP.
- After that, you’ll notice that the settings have changed, and one of them is the HTTP service provider. Of course, Hotmail and MSN are already available. There’s also something else, which you can use for other purposes.
- Simply enter all of your information and click Save. You will now be requested to download the Outlook Connector before you can download any emails. I’ve already provided a link to it at the top. To download the file, you must first confirm your Office. After that, you must install it. Finally, restart Outlook and retrieve your messages. You can also add email accounts directly through the Connector by clicking on it.
I’m almost done
You should now be able to download from the Hotmail, MSN, or Live servers using your accounts. But first, a word of caution. The default look of Outlook will not be what you expect: if you don’t like how it looks, you might want to try Windows Live Mail instead.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any queries or comments.
1. How can I set up Outlook 2007 for IMAP access to Hotmail?
- Set up Outlook to use IMAP to access Hotmail.
- Click Account Settings from the Tools menu.
- Now click the New button on the E-mail menu.
- The Choose E-mail Service screen should now appear.
- Click Next > after selecting Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP.
2. Is there a difference between Hotmail and Outlook?
Outlook and Hotmail are effectively the same product and are one of several little pieces of Microsoft’s communication division. Since 1997, Microsoft has used Hotmail as its primary brand for its emailing service. Unfortunately, new users can only create a @Outlook.com account to add to the confusion.
3. What is the procedure for creating a Hotmail email account?
Go to www.hotmail.com to access your Hotmail account. You’ll be offered to sign in or create a Windows Live account with a Hotmail address. All you have to do now is sign in using the forms on the right if you already have a Windows Live account.
4. How to change my Hotmail e-mail address to an Outlook one?
5. How do I (successfully) add a Hotmail email account as IMAP in Mail.app?