Here we can see, “How to Open HEIC Files on Windows”
Don’t know how to open HEIC files on windows ( or convert them to JPEG):
- The HEIF image format is used by default by Apple’s iPhone and iPad.
- The HEIC file format is used for these images.
- HEIC files may be viewed in a few seconds on Windows 10 or 11, or they can be converted to ordinary JPEGs and viewed anywhere.
How to View HEIC Files in Windows 10’s Photos App
Newer versions of Windows such as Windows 10 and Windows 11 support HEIC files.
- Whenever you wish to view a HEIC file, right-click on it and select Open with>Photos and you should be good to go.
- The photos app will ask you “the HEIF Image Extension to display this file.” Click the ” Download and install it now.” The intresting part is that it’ll take a couple of minutes, and it doesn’t charge anything to download.
- Choose “yes” when windows questions you that. Did you mean to switch apps?
- In the Microsoft Store app, the HEIF image extension will open. Hit the download button to download and install support for HEIC images files. (which use the HEIF format.)
- Now, whenever you wish to open a HEIC image in the Photos app,
- You’ll be able to see other files like your wish, which are JPEG, PNG, GIF, or BMP.
- Thumbnails for your HEIC images files will be created and displayed spontaneously in windows 10 file Explorer.
How to Convert HEIC to JPEG on Windows
- CopyTrans HEIC for Windows is a quick and easy tool to convert your HEIC files into JPEG on your Windows device.
- This software installs full support for HEIC images in Windows, so it’s especially effective on Windows 7 and the prior versions of Windows 10 that don’t have integrated support in the Photos app. It adds support for HEIC images to the Windows Photo Viewer.
- The tool also allows you to right-click a HEIC file in File Explorer and select “Convert to JPEG” to conveniently convert it into a JPEG file. Once you select the option, you’ll get a JPEG version of the image, which will be automatically saved in the same file location as the original HEIC file.
- JPEG files are more widely supported than HEIC files. So this software will prove to be very useful while using applications that do not support HEIC files.
Don’t know how to open HEIC images in other applications:
- HEIC images files in HEIF format are now supported by many apps. For instance, in Adobe photo, you could open these files, still needing image package extensions and HEVC Video extensions.
- Irfanview is also an excellent, basic image viewer that we suggest. If you have installed CopyTrans HEIC for windows or the HEIF and HEVC packages, Irfanview will open HEIC pictures for you.
- As reported by Irfanview’s official FAQ. Perform a web search for the software’s name and “HEIC “to learn more about HEIC support in your preferred image viewing or editing software
How to Convert HEIC Files to JPEG on the Web
Online conversion softwares are a great tool for those who do not wish to download one on their device.
Warning: the only thing you need to keep in mind while using these online tools is that you do not upload sensitive/confidential information there. While there is no harm in uploading normal files/photos and getting them converted to another format using these online tools, keeping any documents containing private or sensitive personal/financial information on your device should be your safest bet. If nothing is exciting for someone snooping, there is no reason to be concerned while using these online services.
If you only need to convert a few photographs, go to HEICtoJPG.com and upload up to five at a time. You can upload one or more HEIC files from your computer to the web page by dragging and dropping them.
The website will convert those files to JPEGs for you, and you can then download the JPG files directly from the page.
If dealing with HEIC files is hard for you, you can set your iPhone to automatically snap images in the more compatible JPEG format. HEIC, on the other hand, provides superior image quality in fewer file sizes. It’s a more modern picture format, and if your applications support it, we encourage using it.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any queries or comments.
1. Is it possible to open HEIC files on a PC?
On Windows 10, you may not only open HEIC files but also convert them to the more user-friendly JPEG format. You may not be familiar with HEIC, but you are already using it if you have an iPhone.
2. Why are my photos in HEIC format rather than JPG?
Apple has given the new HEIF (High-Efficiency Image Format) Standard the file format designation HEIC. It allows images to be made in smaller file sizes while maintaining a greater image quality than JPEG/JPG using advanced and current compression technologies.
3. Will Photoshop be able to open HEIC files?
Most people are familiar with HEIC because it has been Apple’s preferred image format since iOS 11. However, most operating systems, popular platforms, and online browsers, including Photoshop, do not support HEIC. As a result, you will be unable to open HEIC in Photoshop.
4. What are you guys doing to get HEIC files to work natively on W10?
5. HEIC got you down? I got the cure!