Here we can see, “How to: Fix Oblivion Crashes on Startup or When Launching a New Game”
- When you try to launch Oblivion, does it crash immediately? Rest assured that can be fixed.
- Remove or update any incompatible software that can conflict with the game to resolve this problem.
- A corrupted game cache might also bring on this problem, so you could try to get rid of it.
- Ensure you have the required codecs installed if Oblivion fails on a new game.
Although The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was a well-liked RPG, many users complained that it frequently crashed right after startup.
You won’t be able to play the game because of this issue, but with our methods, you may resolve it permanently.
How do I fix Oblivion crashing on startup?
1. Delete the game folder from My Games
- Toggle to My Computer.
- Select Documents, then click.
- Select My Games.
- Open the Oblivion folder.
- Pass over to the Save folder.
- Choose every other option.
- Click with the right mouse button, then select Delete.
- Play the game again.
Any potential incorrect configurations you may have previously made or the inappropriate ones after the game was installed are overwritten and reset when you delete the Oblivion folder.
This straightforward fix will assist you in avoiding Oblivion startup crashes.
2. Uninstall problematic software
- Access your administrator account.
- Navigate to the Apps area in the Settings app.
- Choose Cyberlink Power DVD 5 after locating it.
- To uninstall it, click the Uninstall button.
Cyberlink Power DVD 5 can cause Oblivion to crash upon starting, even though it is a dependable program that is accessible to users in various formats.
Simply download the most recent version of this software from the link below if you wish to keep using it.
3. Install K Lite Codec Pack
- Visit the area for K-Lite codec bundles.
- Download the K-Lite codec pack from there.
- Select the Basic edition.
- Simply select Download Basic.
- To install the codecs, open the downloaded file and run it.
Installing a high-quality pack on your computer is a crucial step in avoiding Oblivion crashes when it launches.
After implementing this fix, restart your computer to have the modifications take effect. Then, play Elder Scrolls: Oblivion to see if the problem has been resolved.
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, like many other well-known RPG games in the past, occasionally has problems running on Windows 10.
Even though it’s annoying, the Oblivion crash on starting is a problem that can be fixed.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I prevent Oblivion from crashing when it launches?
Make sure to enter the Oblivion folder and select everything but the Saves folder before performing a right-click and selecting the Delete option from the context menu. Check to check whether Oblivion still crashes at startup by relaunching Steam and double-clicking the game from the Steam Library tab.
2. Why won’t Oblivion startup?
A registry problem nearly often causes Oblivion not to launch. Run CCleaner or another registry cleaner once Oblivion has been uninstalled to remove any leftover registry entries. You can reinstall it after it is finished, which will take a few minutes, and you should have much better results.
3. How can I stop Tab out from crashing Oblivion?
The game doesn’t crash when you tab back in if you pause it using the ESC key or by bringing up your inventory, then press shift+tab to open the Steam overlay, then press alt to exit.
4. Game will not stop crashing on startup : r/oblivion – Reddit
5. Oblivion crashing upon start up. – Reddit