Here we can see, “How to Find and Download the Best Apple Watch Faces”
The Apple Watch is a great smartwatch that has only gotten better with each update.
With the release of watchOS 7, you can now download and share watch faces with others. Of course, there is a catch: these Watch faces must still function inside the confines of Apple’s ecosystem. Let’s take a closer look.
Where to Find New Apple Watch Faces
Now that Apple has (to a degree) opened the floodgates on watch faces, there are a few different places where you can browse and download new watch faces.
Buddywatch was one of the first websites to appear after the release of watchOS 7. This started as a website where you could explore watch faces, but it now has an app that allows you to locate new watch faces from anywhere.
Here’s how to use it to get fresh watch faces:
- On your iPhone, launch the Buddywatch app.
- Locate the watch face you want to save.
- Underneath, press the Download button.
- When the Watch app loads, select Add to My Faces.
Watchfacely debuted at the same time as Buddywatch to provide another channel for Watch owners to find new watch faces. The app is elegant and simple to use, while the associated website displays the Watch faces uniquely.
Nonetheless, you can get alternatives from either the app or the website:
- On your iPhone, launch the Watchfacely app.
- Locate and tap on the watch face you wish to save.
- At the bottom, press the Add Apple Watch Face button.
- When the Watch app loads, select Add to My Faces.
If you’ve ever looked into Android smartwatches, you’ll recognize this next choice. Facer has undoubtedly been the greatest tool for discovering new watch faces for Google’s Wear OS since 2014.
With the release of watchOS 7, the firm entered the App Store, creating a marketplace where you could download new watch faces for your Apple Watch. This is how it works:
- On your iPhone, launch the Facer app.
- At the top of the list, select Apple Watch.
- Locate and choose a watch face to download.
- Tap the blue icon to the right of the watch face.
- Confirm that you want to add the Watch Face to your collection.
- Add to My Faces by tapping the Add to My Faces button.
How to Download an Apple Watch Watch Face
If you come across a watch face link (.watchface file) on social media or via a friend, follow these steps to download it on your iPhone:
- Tap the shared watch face link on the iPhone that is associated with your Apple Watch.
- Allow the watch face to be downloaded by tapping Allow.
- After you’ve opened the Watch app, tap Add to My Faces.
What Happens With Uninstalled Watch Complications?
There’s a good chance you’ll come across watch faces with complications for apps you don’t use. When you download a watch face with a complication you don’t have, you’ll be asked if you want to buy or download the app.
There is, however, an option at the bottom that allows you to Continue Without This App.
It’s worth noting that if you miss installing the apps, the areas of the watch face will be blank. You can, of course, replace them with your difficulties. However, if you want the full experience, you should download and install the applications for that watch face from the App Store.
How to Share Watch Faces on Apple Watch
It should come as no surprise that there are several ways to share watch faces. This gives flexibility to the procedure, rather than requiring Apple Watch to deal with a single complex method.
Share Watch Faces From Apple Watch
The simplest way to transmit your watch faces to friends and family is directly from the Watch:
- Press and hold the clock on your Apple Watch until the Watch Face picker appears.
- Next to the Edit button, tap the Share symbol.
- Enter the name of the contact you wish to send the Watch Face to.
- Tap the Send button.
Share Watch Faces From iPhone
As you might think, Apple also allows you to exchange watch faces through the iPhone’s Watch app. Here’s how it works:
- On your iPhone, launch the Watch app.
- Under My Faces, select the watch face you want to share.
- In the top-right corner, tap the Share icon.
- Choose where you want the watch face to be sent.
Share the Watch Face File With Anyone
The first two methods of sharing watch faces are done natively, but what if you want to share them on social media? It is doable, but you must first obtain the.watchface file from your iPhone before sending it.
Here’s how you do it:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone, then choose the watch face you’d like to share.
- Select the Share option.
- In the sharing menu, choose Save to Files.
- Choose a location to save the.watchface file.
- Save the file.
To proceed, you must now launch the Files app. From there, you can:
- Hold the.watchface file you just saved in your hand, then hit Share.
- Select Add People.
- Tap iCloud Share File.
- Choose the app you wish to use to share the watch face.
- Follow the on-screen directions to share using the app you’ve chosen.
- Close the Files app.
This strategy is also useful for saving watch faces that you discover and download over time. Create a folder on iCloud using the Files app, and then share those.watchface files to that folder.
If something happens to your iPhone or Apple Watch, having this backup folder makes it simple to re-download your favorite watch faces.
I hope you find this advice to be helpful. Please use the form below if you have any queries or comments.
- What is the cost of the Apple Watch Face app?
To access some premium albums, you must have a “Watch Face Premium Membership.” Furthermore, the membership fee is $0.99 per month (price may vary depending on area) or $5.99 per year (price may vary by location). Meanwhile, you can download free watch wallpapers and watch faces from “Today Free.”
- Which of the following is the greatest Apple Watch face app?
7 Best Face Apps for the Apple Watch in 2021
- Examine the Face albums.
- Buddy watch.
- Can I use my Apple Watch to unlock my phone?
When your Watch is on your wrist and unlocked, and your iPhone is close, Unlock with Apple Watch works. Face ID is not used to recognize and validate your identity in this feature. Unlock with Apple Watch is only available for unlocking your iPhone.
- You can download the watch faces offered on Apple’s website to use on your Watch.
- I finally found my favorite watch face with the complications that I use every day! (Infograph)