Here we can see “windows update cannot currently check for updates”
Windows Update error “Windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service isn’t running. you’ll be got to restart your computer” probably occurs when Windows temporary update folder (SoftwareDistribution folder) is corrupted. to fix this error, follow the below steps during this tutorial.
How to resolve Windows (8, 7, or Vista) update error: “Windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service isn’t running” once you check for updates.
Solution 1: Solve Windows Update cannot check for updates” error using Microsoft Fix It utility
- Download the Microsoft Fix It utility to your computer from: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2730071.
2.RunMicrosoft Fix It tool and press “Accept.”
- Select the “Detect problems and apply the fixes on behalf of me (Recommended)” option.
- Let the troubleshooter repair Windows Update problems and press “Next.” *
* If the matter is fixed, close the troubleshooter and check for Windows updates again. Otherwise, still Solution 2.
Solution 2: Solve Windows Update cannot check for updates” error manually.
STEP 1: STOP WINDOWS UPDATE SERVICE.
To do this:
- Simultaneously press Windows key + R to open the run command box.
- Inside the run command box, type: services.msc and press Enter.
- look for Windows Update service, then right-click thereon and choose Stop.
- Without closing the services window proceed to the subsequent step.
Step 2: DELETE OR RENAME WINDOWS UPDATE TEMPORARY STORAGE FOLDER.
To do this:
- Open “My Computer” and navigate to the “C: Windows” folder.
- Delete (or Rename e.g. to “SoftwareDistributionOLD”) the “SoftwareDistribution” folder.
Step 3: START WINDOWS UPDATE SERVICE.
- attend Windows services and “Start” the Windows Update service.
- attempt to update Windows again.
Solution 3: Install the KB3102810 Standalone Update.
- Download and install the KB3102810 security update. After installation, restart your computer and check for updates. (Applied to Windows 7 SP1 & Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.)
- Restart your computer.
- Stop Windows Update Service. (See Solution 2: Step 1)
- Delete the Software Distribution Folder. (See Solution 2: Step 2)
- Restart your computer, then check for updates. Leave your computer for about an hour to seek out Updates.
Solution 4: Update the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Install the newest Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver (Intel RST). *
- Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates Because the Service isn’t Running
Summary: Running check for updates will trigger this error message: “Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service isn’t running. you’ll get to restart your computer.”
- The solution to ‘Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service isn’t running. You’ll get to restart your computer. Dec 2017
I have seen many of us experiencing the matter of ‘Windows Update‘ not currently checking for updates because the service isn’t running. You’ll get to restart your computer.
- Windows Update Cannot Currently Check For Updates!
- Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service isn’t running
I have undertaken this again, and it says the service is running, but I even have no folders because it hasn’t created a replacement one to refer to, and therefore, the PC isn’t running great.