Here we can see, “Valheim Crashing on the Loading Screen? Here’s How to Fix It”
- Valheim is a fantastic game, but it is crashing on the loading screen for some players.
- The causes of the Valheim startup crash are challenging to determine and can be caused by various factors.
- Administrative rights may be one of the causes of this issue; therefore see our solution below.
- Another factor to consider is your antivirus software, which you should either modify or disable.
Valheim is a fun survival game with excellent gameplay and mechanics. Many users, however, have reported that Valheim crashes on startup and during the loading screen.
On Reddit, a person expressed their dissatisfaction in the following way:
Hello, every time I try to join a new planet in Valheim, the game fails and states, “valheim.exe has ceased working.”
Has this happened to anyone else? Because the game is brand new, I can’t find much. I also don’t want to issue a refund because the game appears to be fantastic, but I cannot play it.
This Valheim crashing problem might be aggravating, especially if you’re looking forward to a fun gaming session.
That is just one example of Valheim crashing on startup, and while there is no official remedy, we do have a couple of workarounds.
How do I get Valheim to stop crashing when it starts up?
1. As an administrator, control the game
If the game does not start at all, the central issue could be a lack of administrative privileges.
So, first and foremost, make sure you have complete control over your Windows 10 account.
2. Make sure your antivirus is up to date
Another common issue with such crushes is antivirus software that may be blocking your game because it perceives it as a danger.
Checking the antivirus settings and allowing Valheim to function without restrictions is an easy solution to this problem.
Another simple fix is to turn off your antivirus software for a while. If your antivirus is causing the problem, consider switching to a better antivirus that won’t interfere with your vital apps.
3. In windowed mode, start the game
- Start Steam.
- Look for Valheim in the game library.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu of the game.
- Select Set launch options from the General tab.
- In the field, type -windowed -noborder.
- Exit by clicking the OK button.
If Valheim keeps crashing, it’s possible that the game’s resolution isn’t compatible with the screen’s supported resolution.
This technique should start your game in windowed mode and avoid any screen resolution issues.
Of course, if that’s the case and the game is still running smoothly, adjust the game’s resolution to fit your display.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why is Valheim refusing to load?
The corruption of the DirectX installation is another reason Valheim crashes or does not launch. If there is a problem with DirectX, the game will not start and will crash as soon as you try to start it. To resolve the problem, you must update DirectX to the most recent version.
2. Why does Valheim refuse to thaw?
An outdated or corrupted graphics driver can cause graphical glitches or other performance issues like freezing and stuttering. As a result, if you can’t recall the last time you updated your drivers, do it right now because it will quickly resolve your problem.
3. Why do my games constantly crashing when I try to start them up?
The bulk of game crashes can be linked to using a PC that does not satisfy the specified system requirements. Make sure your computer fulfils the game’s minimum system requirements. This involves testing your Windows 10/11 version.
4. My Valheim is crashing fix crash guide – Reddit
5. [crazy-bug-fix] valheim crash on world load – Reddit