Here we can see, “FIX: uTorrent not working with ExpressVPN”
- Torrenting is one of the most prevalent reasons people use VPNs these days.
- On some PCs, users have discovered that uTorrent does not operate with ExpressVPN.
- If your system or VPN is not configured properly, uTorrent may not work with ExpressVPN.
- Changing servers or protocols can typically resolve the torrent-VPN compatibility issue.
Torrenting is one of the most popular reasons consumers use a VPN.
It’s fantastic that you can pirate and download a ton of content while remaining completely anonymous.
However, certain VPN services may occasionally fail to work with particular torrenting clients.
For example, you can be one of the unlucky few for whom uTorrent does not operate with ExpressVPN.
If you Google up this problem, you’ll probably see it referenced on a few other boards, indicating that it’s not exactly unusual.
Don’t get too worked up just yet. If uTorrent doesn’t seem to work with ExpressVPN on your machine, we’ll show you how to solve it in this article.
How can I fix uTorrent not working with ExpressVPN?
1. Try another VPN server
Specific ExpressVPN servers may become overloaded at times.
As a result, your torrenting ability may be compromised.
As a result, if uTorrent has suddenly stopped working with ExpressVPN, you should switch servers and try again.
Furthermore, certain VPN services can even restrict torrenting data in some countries, such as the United States.
As a result, choose a server in a country where torrenting regulations are less strict, such as the Netherlands.
2. Switch VPN protocols
If you’ve ever experimented with ExpressVPN’s protocols, you’ll know that they can behave in various ways.
As a result, we urge that you try all of the methods before calling it a day.
ExpressVPN now supports the following protocols:
Simply visit ExpressVPN’s Options window and select the Protocol option to change protocols.
Choose a different protocol, click OK, connect to a stable server, and double-check.
3. Use a stealth VPN server
Your ISP could be blocking or restricting your VPN traffic, preventing you from using uTorrent.
Fortunately, many VPN services include obfuscation capabilities that disguise VPN traffic as ordinary traffic.
In this scenario, ExpressVPN does not create an exception.
However, unlike other VPN providers, ExpressVPN does not allow you to toggle the obfuscation feature on or off.
Instead, it uses stealth servers to provide built-in obfuscation. The other snag is that stealth servers aren’t highlighted at all.
As a result, you may need to try out different servers or just contact ExpressVPN’s customer care and request a list of stealth servers.
4. Flush your DNS
Your connection may suffer as a result of cached data build-ups.
As a result, it makes it plausible that removing it could restore the balance and allow uTorrent to work with ExpressVPN once more.
The most popular solution is to flush your DNS, which may sound complicated, but trust us when we say it’s not.
All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Start a CMD session with Administrator privileges.
- In this order, type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:
netsh winsock reset
- Restart your computer.
Now open ExpressVPN, connect to a fast server, then open uTorrent to see whether things have improved.
5. Use another VPN
- Get a VPN subscription (we recommend Private Internet Access)
- Download and install the VPN software on your computer.
- Start the VPN client.
- Please sign in to your account.
- Connect to a suitable server (PIA supports P2P on all its servers)
- Start uTorrent.
- You can torrent without any limits.
Although several VPNs claim to facilitate torrenting, the truth may be quite different.
If you discover that ExpressVPN does not operate with uTorrent, you should contact customer service.
Tech support can often provide excellent troubleshooting help.
If ExpressVPN’s customer service cannot assist you with your uTorrent issue, it may be time to move providers.
P2P functionality is available on all of Private Internet Access’ servers, making it a viable alternative.
Furthermore, it offers over 22,000 servers (and counting) from which to choose if your current one isn’t working.
Check out PIA’s main features:
- There are more than 22,000 high-speed servers around the world.
- All servers have peer-to-peer (P2P) capability.
- Built-in kill switches to prevent data leakage due to failed torrent connections.
- Policy of no logging
- OpenVPN and WireGuard protocols are supported.
- Encryption that meets military standards
- Support for split tunneling
6. Disable IPv6
You may be leaking IPv6 traffic that your ISP can exploit to limit your connection if you have IPv6 enabled on your system.
As a result, you may run into problems, such as uTorrent suddenly refusing to work with ExpressVPN.
Even though many VPNs advertise about their IPv6 data leak prevention features, many fail to do so.
Here’s how you can disable IPv6 on your Windows 10 PC:
- Right-click your Start Menu to bring up the context menu.
- Go to the Network Connections section.
- Change adapter options by clicking the Change adapter options button.
- Right-click your default Internet connection and select Properties.
- From the context menu, choose Properties.
- TCP/IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) should be deselected.
- Select OK.
- Restart your computer.
Go back to ExpressVPN, open the Options box, and select the Advanced option. Make sure that the IPv6 leak prevention option is turned on here.
It should prevent leaks in the same way that deactivating IPv6 on your machine does.
However, as we previously said, VPNs can sometimes leak IPv6 data, so the best method to avoid this is to turn it off entirely on your computer.
7. Other suggestions
- uTorrent should be restarted.
- Restart your computer.
- For a minute, unplug your router/modem from the power line, then plug it back in.
- uTorrent should be installed again.
- Ensure that your ExpressVPN client is current.
- Enable the kill switch on ExpressVPN.
- Make sure you have the most recent version of uTorrent installed.
- Check to see whether your firewall or antivirus software is blocking uTorrent or ExpressVPN.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Is ExpressVPN compatible with uTorrent?
Step 5: You may also use ExpressVPN to see if your device is correctly connected. Go to the provider’s online privacy and security checker to do so. If your device is connected properly, you’ll notice that your IP address is highlighted in green on the screen. For uTorrent, ExpressVPN is a solid option.
2. Do VPNs work with BitTorrent?
When torrenting, we always recommend utilizing a VPN. A VPN encrypts your IP address, making it impossible for your Internet Service Provider to track your online activities. Your Internet Service Provider will be able to see your online behaviour if you torrent without a VPN.
3. What is the problem with ExpressVPN?
The VPN server location you’re attempting to connect to is currently under maintenance. Your antivirus or online security software is blocking the VPN connection. The ExpressVPN application is not up to date.
4. Cannot get any torrent client to work while using VPN – Reddit
5. No connections with ExpressVPN : r/qBittorrent – Reddit