Here we can see, “How to Resolve the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Error in Windows”
Even if the issue does not trigger the Blue Screen of Death, the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error is annoying. Usually, the issue causes a system restart after the error window appears. Reinstalling programme drivers may help, but there are other difficulties with bad RAM and memory.
This error message refers to the 0x50 stop error on Windows OS supported devices. Simply put, the blue screen of death happens when Windows cannot access the required page to complete the procedure.
Stopped by the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) or Stop Error, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. This is a long-standing issue on previous Windows versions (7, 8, 8.1, Vista, and XP). However, this is increasingly being reported on Windows 10 OS, especially after installing updates or apps.
It signifies that the system has referred to invalid memory. That is, erroneous memory locations or system references to discharged memory cause this. As a result, data or programmes you want to use/run cannot be found in RAM, resulting in a Blue Screen of Death.
A computer’s storage components include a hard drive and random access memory. When the hard disc and RAM are overloaded, data is frequently transferred between them. This issue happens when data saved in the Page file is requested by the OS and not found.
Fixing PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Viruses, missing updates, registry flaws, and other issues regularly cause BSODs. So, run a professional optimization application on your PC/laptop and address any flaws it finds.
We propose Reimage to recover Windows files and detect faults, but you can use another tool. This software can fix registry errors and data corruption. If you still get a Page fault in the nonpaged area, follow the procedures below.
1. Control audio and video drivers
You can repair PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA by uninstalling, reverting, or updating audio and video drivers. You can use a tool like DriverFix to automatically update all the drivers, and this software can identify compatible driver versions in the database and keep all apps working smoothly. Alternatively, you can change the machine parts manually.
Revert to prior drivers
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers section.
- Right-click the driver and choose Properties.
- Select Driver.
- Select Reverse Driver.
- Select the cause for the rollback, then select Yes.
- Reboot your PC.
- Right-click Start and choose Device Manager.
- Find the driver in the display adapters.
- Right-click it and select Update Driver.
- Next, choose Automatically update driver software.
- Wait for Windows to update.
- Restart your computer.
- Device Manager
- Expand the Sound, video, and gaming controllers/Display area.
- Right-click the driver and select Uninstall.
2. Stop using auto paging file size management to fix Errors in the nonpaged area.
- Simultaneously press Windows and E. Opens File Explorer.
- Choose Properties from This PC menu.
- System advanced settings
- Click Settings in Performance.
- Then click Change in the Advanced tab.
- Uncheck the option Manage paging file size for all discs and click OK.
- Restart the PC.
3. Use Windows Memory Diagnostics.
- Type Memory in the search bar of Start or Win.
- Search for Windows Memory Diagnostics.
- Click Examine my computer’s RAM.
- View scan results in System Log with Event Viewer.
4. Resolve Page fault in the nonpaged area by disabling non-Microsoft services
- Search for MSConfig.
- Select System Setup.
- Open Services and disable all non-Microsoft services.
- Then see whether the BSOD persists. If it’s gone, enable non-Microsoft services one by one or in groups to isolate the problem.
5. Update Windows to fix PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error
- Type Check for Updates in the search box.
- Select this option to allow the system to check for updates.
- If a list of outdated drivers appears, select Update.
- Reboot your PC after the process.
6. Disable antivirus to investigate PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Even though this does not guarantee the removal of the BSOD, it is worth a shot because anti-malware software frequently clashes with software/hardware, causing halt errors and other issues.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the form below.
It signifies that the system has referred to invalid memory. That is, erroneous memory locations or system references to discharged memory cause this.
- Where is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA?
- Examine RAM.
- Rollback drivers.
- Disable automatic paging file size.
- Start Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.
- Repair System Files with DISM and SFC.
- Disable Third-Party Apps.
- Why does my computer keep blue-screening?
- Open CP.
- Select Uninstall an application. Windows Central.
- From the left pane, select View installed updates.
- Choose the latest Update (refer to the “Installed On” column).
- Click Uninstall.
- Page fail in the non-paged area in Windows 10
Windows 10 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error help… from techsupport
- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – Reddit