Here we can see, “How to: Fix: Gta 4/gta 5 Lag Problems in Windows 10”
- If you’re seeking for a way to repair GTA V latency after updating to Windows 10, you’ll find plenty of options here.
- Alt-tabbing out and back into the game will quickly fix any Grand Theft Auto FPS issues.
- Keep your GPU drivers up to date to avoid any performance difficulties.
- Some background programs can cause the PC to slow down, so check sure they’re turned off.
We expected improved optimization and performance from Windows 10, and for the most part, we got it. Overall, the OS is quick and responsive.
Unfortunately, not everyone benefited from the enhanced performance, and some users have reported lag in GTA IV and GTA V on Windows 10.
We should point you that both of these games are hardware-intensive, so make sure you can run them by checking the system requirements first.
If these games worked fine on your prior operating system, the lag is due to Windows 10’s driver optimization.
If the developers are aware of any flaws or incompatibilities, they will most likely address them in a future release. However, you can try the instructions below before the official update arrives.
How do I get GTA 4/GTA 5 to run smoothly in Windows 10?
1. Experiment with alt-tabbing in your game a few times
If you’re looking for a way to fix lag in Grand Theft Auto IV and V on Windows 10, consider pressing Alt+Tab and switching between your game and your desktop. Of course, it’s not the ideal answer, but it can be useful sometimes.
Try running your game in fullscreen rather than a windowed mode to achieve the best performance. Running the game in Windowed mode is usually more taxing on your computer.
Your desktop apps and any open tabs will run in the background while the game is running, causing performance issues.
2. Install the latest display drivers
- Use Windows Key + S to access Device Manager, type Device Manager, and then click on it.
- Locate your GPU by expanding the Display Adapter.
- Select Update driver from the context menu by right-clicking on it.
- Wait for Windows to complete the driver update before restarting your device.
Your drivers will be updated automatically
You may always update your display drivers through Device Manager, or you can use a dedicated uninstaller to delete the driver from your computer completely.
When it comes to reinstalling display drivers, we recommend using a professional program that will safely and quickly download all of your PC’s missing and outdated drivers.
By maintaining all drivers up to date and error-free, big-time gaming can be done without crashes, lags, or freezes.
3. Turn off all background processes
- Type msconfig into the Windows Search bar to access System Configuration.
- Check the Hide all Microsoft services option under the Services tab.
- To disable all active third-party services, click Disable all.
- Go to Task Manager and pick the Startup tab.
- Stop all programs from starting up with the system and double-check your adjustments.
- Restart your computer.
Another explanation for GTA 5‘s slowness on Windows 10 could be the presence of background processes. As a result, we recommend turning them off.
We understand that some of them may be used to connect with pals while playing online, but some apps will slow down the system, while others, especially those that are network-dependent, will influence bandwidth.
4. Install Windows 10 again
If you’ve updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8 or Windows 7, it’s sometimes a good idea to run a clean install to eliminate any software incompatibilities.
Simply download the ISO file from Microsoft‘s website, burn it to a DVD, or create an installation USB, and reinstall Windows 10 from the beginning.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why is my GTA IV on PC so sluggish?
GTA IV is a horribly designed game for the PC, and there are no patches or tweaks available to significantly improve its performance. The most you can hope for is to brute force it with an overclocked CPU and a few CPU-intensive options turned down.
2. How can I improve GTA 4’s performance on Windows 10?
Simply go to the GTA IV folder, right-click GTA IV.exe, and select deactivate full-screen optimisations; repeat for launchGTAIV.exe. This has little effect on performance, although it is useful if you play the game in a resolution other than your native monitor resolution.
3. Is it possible to run GTA 4 with only 2GB of RAM?
No, you won’t be able to. Using a dedicated graphics card alone to play GTA 4 necessitates some modification. To play GTA 4 with a good iGPU, you’ll need at least 4GB of RAM.
4. How to fix choppiness and stutters in GTA IV Complete Edition
5. GTA IV is lagging terribly while GTA V plays perfectly on my