Here we can see, “How to: Fix Windows Defender Error 0x80073b01”
- When attempting to run Windows Defender, the error code 0x80073b01 may appear.
- Leftovers from other antiviruses could cause this, so uninstall them.
- This problem can also be swiftly resolved by scanning system files with a command-line tool.
- If patching seems like too much work, skip it and acquire a new antivirus instead.
When it comes to having an operating system at home, Windows 10 is a near-complete package, as it includes nearly every type of built-in feature possible.
For example, it has its own lines of defence in the form of Windows Defender, a firewall and an antivirus application.
However, this is nothing more than a piece of software that can be prone to faults and problems.
One such example is Windows Defender Error 0x80073b01, which has been reported to be causing many problems for many customers.
Fortunately, this antivirus problem is rather frequent, and there are a few methods you may attempt to get rid of it. All you have to do now is keep reading the step-by-step instructions below.
How can I resolve the 0x80073b01 error in Windows Defender?
1. Remove any third-party antivirus software that is still installed
Because Windows Defender is the default antivirus program in Windows 10, it goes without saying that it may cause conflicts with other similar third-party programs.
Unfortunately, even if you’ve already uninstalled the old third-party antivirus, this error can still persist. As a result, double-check that you completed everything completely.
As a result, enter the Apps menu from Settings and uninstall it as you would any other piece of software, following the on-screen instructions.
Some antivirus programs can only be uninstalled using special software that can be downloaded from the developer’s website.
As a result, make sure you keep track of the steps for uninstalling your antivirus software.
Even if you have a good cause to get rid of your previous third-party antivirus, you should consider obtaining the tool listed below if you want a better defence and fewer issues.
Our recommended security solution is ideal for a modern lifestyle that includes working, playing, and relaxing online.
A multi-layered protection system that can counter even the most recent threats concentrates on defence and privacy.
The software protects not only your PC but all of your devices, including your network’s IoT components like the router and webcam.
2. Make changes to particular registries
- Press Windows + R at the same time.
- Press Enter after typing regedit (This will open the Registry Editor).
- Remove the msseces.exe entry from both of them by going to the following address:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsNT/Current Version/Image File Execution Options
- Restart the computer.
Things aren’t as bad as they appear if you can’t access the Registry Editor. Check out this step-by-step instruction to swiftly resolve the problem.
3. Press the SFC Start button
- Type cmd into the command prompt.
- To launch Command Prompt with full privileges, select Run as administrator.
- sfc /scannow
- Restart the computer once the scan is finished.
The System File Checker scan will do exactly that, verifying all system files and doing any necessary repairs to get things back to normal.
4. Keep your computer up to date
- Start by pressing the Start button.
- Make a selection of options.
- Select Update & Security from the drop-down menu.
- The Check for Updates button will be renamed to Download Updates if updates are already pending.
- Wait for the updates to finish installing before rebooting your computer.
Windows Defender is an integral part of your system, and it receives monthly updates in tandem with your operating system. Therefore, the problem can be resolved by checking for and installing the most recent updates.
You should have resolved the Windows Defender error 0x80073b01 by following these steps, and you may now use it as intended.
These techniques have shown to be quite useful, and they are also very effective in a variety of other Windows Defender problems.
If you’re wary of patching the old Windows Defender, consider installing one of the finest antiviruses with an unlimited license to experience error-free security.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What can I do to make it better? An unanticipated difficulty has arisen error?
- Make use of antivirus-specific eradication software.
- Start your PC from a clean slate.
- Examine your system’s files.
- Restart the Security Center Service if it hasn’t already.
- Check to see if your Windows is up to date.
- Make modifications to your register.
2. What is the procedure for reinstalling Windows Defender antivirus?
- Press Windows + X and then select Control Panel.
- Click View in the upper right corner, then select Large Items.
- Now, select Windows Defender from the list and try to enable it.
- To launch the run prompt, press Windows + R.
- Services of this nature.
- Look for the Windows Defender service under services and start it.
3. Is it possible to reinstall Windows Defender?
All registered Windows users receive a free copy of Windows Defender. If your Windows Defender isn’t working or is missing from your computer, you may reinstall it in a matter of minutes and with no technical knowledge. Windows Defender can be installed without the use of a CD.
4. Windows defender error code 0xc8000710 : r/techsupport
5. Windows 10 Fix for update and defender not working – Reddit