Here we can see, “How to Zip a Video File”
- Because of their vast size, video files can be difficult to share, store, and upload.
- There are various simple ways to ZIP a video clip, and we’ll show you how to do it in this article.
Video files are typically huge, which can present issues when sharing them with others, uploading them to various websites, and even hosting them.
Although 1MB of video lasts less than a minute, it can use up to 120-130 MB of space on your Windows 10 tablet or Mac when uncompressed.
Compressing the file is a preferable option if the highest possible resolution for your video files isn’t critical.
You’ll be able to effortlessly share and upload the video file while also freeing up some space on your smartphone.
Keep reading to learn how to compress.mov files on Windows 10 and Mac.
1. Give WinZip a try
There are various applications available for compressing video files however, after trying them, we prefer WinZip.
Some of its wonderful features include file sharing, editing, and management. More than only compression settings must be available in an all-in-one program.
If you’re concerned about the privacy of your files, WinZip has you covered. While compressing your video files, the robust encryption features will keep them safe.
Navigating and working with WinZip is simple and intuitive, and you can compress video files with just a few clicks.
WinZip connects to most cloud storage services, including Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive, allowing you to quickly access your files and documents.
Let’s have a quick look at its key features:
- Extraction of files
- Integration with Microsoft Teams
- Repairing ZIP files
- Password security.
- Features include a File Manager and a File Splitter.
- Options for data backup and sharing
2. Use VLC to compress the video file
- Install VLC on your device and launch it.
- Select the Convert option from the File menu.
- Select the movie you wish to convert by clicking the Add button.
- Then press the Convert/Save button.
- Select Video – H.265+ MP3 in the Profile section (MP4).
- Select the location where you want the file to be saved by clicking on Destination.
- After that, click Open.
- Finally, press the Start button and wait for the conversion to complete.
- Depending on the size of the video file, the compression process can take a few minutes to complete. Keep the window open until the procedure is complete; otherwise, the process may become corrupted.
3. Convert the .mov file online
If you don’t have a lot of free time and want to be more effective while compressing video files, using an internet website to do it could be a good alternative.
Keep in mind that you may not be able to select which MP4 technology is used when using such internet pages.
Additionally, practically every website has a size limit on how large the video file you’re trying to compress can be.
There are a variety of websites where you can convert.mov files, which is a terrific alternative to use when you don’t have a lot of time.
Wondershare is one such online resource. As long as your video file is 100 MB or fewer, you can quickly compress it there.
The compression procedure is straightforward. You must first upload your video file to the website and then wait to be prompted to get the compressed package. It should only take a couple of minutes.
We recommend installing antivirus protection on your PC or Mac if you do not already have one. You will be downloading the file over the Internet.
This brings our article to a close. As seen in the preceding steps, compressing a video file does not have to be a time-consuming procedure. It may be accomplished in a few simple steps.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Is it possible to compress a video?
Converting a video to a zip file is the most frequent approach to compressing it. The file will be smaller, but the quality will not be compromised. Although this is a quick and simple approach to compressing a video, the file size will not alter significantly.
2. What is the best way to compress a video file?
- Open the folder containing the video you want to compress with video compress.
- Locate and choose the video.
- Select Trim Video.
- Trim your footage.
- Select the Trim video after you’re finished.
- In addition, the size of your movie will be lowered.
3. How can I compress a video into a zip file?
Select (or point to) Send to, then Compressed (zipped) folder by pressing and holding (or right-clicking) the file or folder. A new zipped folder with the same name is produced in the same location.
4. Best way to Compress Many Video Files? (.zip, .tar, etc…)
Best way to Compress Many Video Files? (.zip, .tar, etc…) from DataHoarder
5. Is it possible to compress a video without losing any quality
Is it possible to compress a video without losing any quality, but with a very small size? from vfx