Here we can see, “Xbox 360 Controller Not Working”
- One of the best things about PC gaming is that you can replace your keyboard and mouse with various controllers.
- In this manner, you can continue to use your old Xbox 360 controller for its intended purpose. If you run into any problems, this advice will come in handy.
- When your devices start acting up, keep in mind that you have a wonderful resource at your disposal: our Device Troubleshooting Page.
- Keep an eye on our broad Xbox Hub to realize your full gaming potential. We publish easy-to-understand tutorials and fixes on a regular basis.
Many gamers prefer to play their favourite games using their Xbox 360 Controller and Windows 10.
This is excellent if you don’t want to spend money on a second controller, but there have been claims that the Xbox 360 Controller does not work with Windows 10, which we’ll address today.
There are a lot of things that could go wrong, and we’ll try to cover them all:
Driver issues with the Xbox 360 Controller
Steam difficulties with the Xbox 360 controller
Blinking buttons on the Xbox 360 controller
On Windows 10, there are issues with charging and playing the Xbox 360 controller.
On Windows 10, there are issues with the wired Xbox 360 controller.
How can I resolve issues with the Xbox 360 controller driver in Windows 10?
1. Manually install the driver
If you want to connect your wireless Xbox 360 Controller to your computer, you’ll need a wireless receiver.
Drivers for wireless receivers may need to be updated from time to time, or your Xbox 360 Controller may not work on Windows 10.
Follow these steps to update your receiver’s drivers:
- Open the Device Manager program. By pressing Windows Key + X and selecting Device Manager from the menu, you may access Device Manager.
- Make sure your receiver is linked to your PC when Device Manager opens. Expand the Other Devices section by navigating to it. Choose Update Driver Software from the menu when you right-click the Unknown device.
- Look for driver software on my computer by clicking Browse my machine.
- Now select Let me choose from a list of device drivers on my computer from the drop-down menu.
- A list of device drivers should appear. Click Next after selecting Xbox 360 peripherals.
- Select the most recent Receiver driver from the list and click Next. If a caution message appears, simply click OK and wait for the driver to download.
- All you have to do now is hold the pairing buttons on your Bluetooth receiver and Xbox 360 Controller for roughly 3 seconds. Your computer should identify your controller after that.
Following the installation of the driver, your Xbox 360 Controller should function normally on Windows 10.
2. Remove the driver
If your Xbox 360 Controller isn’t working on Windows 10 because of a poor driver, the best option is to delete it and let Windows install it again.
Follow these instructions to uninstall the driver:
- Start the Device Manager program.
- Locate Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows in Device Manager and right-click it.
- From the menu, select Uninstall.
- Restart your computer after the driver has been uninstalled. Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver when your machine resumes.
3. Download and install the most recent drivers
If your Xbox 360 Controller isn’t being detected, it could be because of an outdated driver. If this is the case, make sure your Windows 10 is up to date with the latest patches.
Additionally, you can get the required drivers from this site. The Xbox 360 Controller should work again after you’ve downloaded and installed the right driver.
If this procedure fails or you lack the requisite computer abilities to update/fix the drivers manually, we strongly advise you to use the DriverFix utility to do it automatically.
Our team determined that this is the best-automated option after conducting multiple testing.
The system does not correctly update the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals most of the time.
A generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver have significant variances.
It can be time consuming to find the correct driver version for each of your hardware components.
In Windows 10, there are three ways to fix Xbox 360 Controller Steam difficulties.
1. Remove the checkmark. In Windows Game Overlay, remember this application is like a game
While playing any Steam game, press the middle button on your Xbox 360 Controller.
Uncheck the Windows Game overlay when it appears. Instead, consider this app to be a game.
After that, while playing games on Steam, the Windows Game overlay will be removed, and the Steam overlay should be restored.
It has been claimed that the Xbox 360 Controller has difficulties with Steam, with users reporting that they cannot access Steam services by hitting the centre button on the controller.
By default, hitting the centre button on your Xbox 360 Controller should bring up a Steam overlay, but it actually brings up a Windows Game overlay.
2. In the Xbox app, disable Game DVR
- Type Xbox by pressing Windows Key + S. From the results list, select Xbox app.
- When the Xbox app loads, go to Settings (gear icon).
- Now go to the Game DVR tab and ensure that the option to take screenshots with Game DVR is turned off.
It has been noted that the Xbox app’s Game DVR feature can cause issues with the Xbox 360 Controller and Steam.
While playing Steam games, users report that the center button isn’t working properly, resulting in a Windows Game overlay.
This isn’t a major issue, and it can be resolved by simply turning off Game DVR in the Xbox app.
After removing the Game DVR option, the Xbox 360 Controller should function with Steam.
You won’t be able to record games or capture screenshots using the Xbox app if you disable Game DVR, but you may always utilize other software to address this problem.
3. Disable the Game bar
- Open the Settings app on Windows 10.
- Go to the Gaming section.
- Use the toggle switch at the top to turn it off.
What can I do if the buttons on my Xbox 360 controller are blinking?
1. Check to see if you have the most recent updates installed
- Go to the Update & Security section of the Settings app.
- Download all available updates from the Windows Update area. Furthermore, you may wish to download optional updates because they are frequently meant to refresh your gaming devices and hardware.
- Restart your computer after the updates have been downloaded.
- Check to see if the problem has been resolved when your computer has restarted.
Users have experienced flickering buttons on Xbox 360Controller, and if you’re having this problem, you need to install the newest Windows 10 updates. 2. Connect your controller once again.
2. Reconnect your controller
After Windows 10 comes up from Sleep Mode, users complain that their wired Xbox 360 Controller is blinking.
You can solve the blinking Xbox 360 Controller by unplugging it and reconnecting it to your computer.
This approach works if you’re using a wired Xbox 360 controller, but if you’re using a wireless Xbox 360 controller, you’ll need to unplug and reconnect your Bluetooth receiver.
You may also need to couple your wireless Xbox 360 Controller with your Bluetooth receiver by pushing the pairing button on both the Bluetooth receiver and the Xbox 360 Controller.
How to Fix Play and Charge Issues with Xbox 360 Controllers on Windows 10
If you’re having trouble with Play and Charge, you can use a wired controller or buy a Bluetooth receiver for your Xbox 360 controller.
The Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable allow you to recharge your wireless Xbox 360 Controller while playing Xbox 360 games.
Play and Charge cable work with Windows 10; however you won’t be able to play games on Windows 10 with a wireless Xbox 360 controller if you use it.
The Play and Charge cable only charges the batteries in your wireless Xbox 360 Controller; even if your controller is linked to your console or PC, the controller still communicates with it through wireless signals.
If you want to charge your wireless Xbox 360 Controller while playing games on Windows 10, you’ll need to buy a special Bluetooth receiver for Xbox 360 controller.
If your Xbox 360 wired controller isn’t working, here’s how to fix it
The remedy is straightforward: make sure you’re connecting to a powered USB port.
If you attach your wired Xbox 360 Controller to the USB port on the front of your computer, it may not work with Windows 10.
To resolve any potential troubles with your wired Xbox 360 Controller, connect it to the USB connection on the back of your computer, as those ports are typically powered USB ports.
It’s also recommended that you don’t connect the wired Xbox 360 Controller to a USB hub because most USB hubs don’t have powered USB connections.
Because both wireless and wired Xbox 360 Controllers are compatible with Windows 10, using an Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10 is a terrific way to save money.
Although the Xbox 360 Controller may have some issues with Windows 10, the majority of them may be simply resolved by following our methods.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. What’s wrong with my Xbox 360 controller?
You can solve the blinking Xbox 360 Controller by unplugging it and reconnecting it to your computer. This approach works if you’re using a wired Xbox 360 controller, but if you’re using a wireless Xbox 360 controller, you’ll need to unplug and reconnect your Bluetooth receiver.
2. Why hasn’t my Xbox controller worked in a while?
Batteries: The batteries are the most typical cause of an Xbox One controller not turning on. It will not turn on if the batteries are worn out or need to be charged. If the batteries are put incorrectly, it will not turn on.
3. Why is my Xbox 360 controller not connecting and flashing?
The controller is out of battery if the circles on the main button flash side to side while you’re playing. It’s unplugged from the console if it’s only blinking and will only stop if you connect it.
4. xbox 360 controller not working anymore : r/Windows10 – Reddit
5. Xbox 360 controller not working. Need help please. : r/pcgaming
Xbox 360 controller not working. Need help please. from pcgaming