Here we can see, “How to Create a Mobile Hotspot on Windows 11”
- When there are no Wi-Fi sources around, this can occasionally save your life.
- The manual is available for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7, in addition to Windows 11.
- The only steps involved are setting up and activating the mobile hotspot, which is an easy and quick process.
- You can also utilize a USB cable if you cannot establish a connection for any reason.
Of course, connecting an Android phone to a Windows 11 computer to share mobile data might be helpful, especially if Wi-Fi is not accessible.
Therefore, learning how to share mobile internet with a Windows device can be quite useful when other options are already available.
Android smartphones also allow users to tether their smartphone’s internet connection with any Windows PC through USB and Bluetooth, just like an iPhone can do when there is no Wi-Fi.
For many of us, using a wire to connect a phone and computer is not an option, and using Bluetooth to connect to the internet can be slow.
The only quick and simple method is to use your smartphone to create a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Are hotspots safe to use on Windows 11?
We must evaluate a few key factors in order to respond to this question:
- The creator of the hotspot
- Source-network level of security
- Name and password for the hotspot
Let’s take a closer look at each of these components and go over the specifics because this knowledge is crucial if you’re concerned about the security of your system while using a hotspot.
➡ The creator of the hotspot
If you set up the hotspot yourself, you shouldn’t be concerned about anyone using the network without your permission. Naturally, this calls for employing a network name and password that are known only by you or by the individuals you trust.
Make sure you trust the individual enough to provide them access to the password and network name if they are the one who built the hotspot, and you don’t want to risk any network assaults.
➡ Source-network security level
The security level already in place on the network from which you will share the internet connection through the hotspot makes this feature one of the most crucial of the three discussed above.
You don’t need to be concerned about security if you are at home and a reliable ISP provides your internet connection because the majority of internet service providers are sufficiently safe.
➡ The hotspot’s name and password
Windows 11 allows you to select a network name and password since doing so helps you increase security immediately.
Anyone attempting to access the hotspot without the proper network credentials will be denied.
However, not all passwords should be the same, and neither are they all the same. It is advised that you construct a password that comprises both numbers and letters whenever you choose a password for your network, whether it is a hotspot or not.
To ensure that you can always use the hotspot without any problems, make sure you can remember that password or simply write it down and save it somewhere safe.
How can I create a mobile hotspot on Windows 11?
- The taskbar’s Windows icon should be clicked.
- Select the Settings button from the drop-down list.
- From the sidebar, select Network & internet.
- Select “Mobile hotspot” from the menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select the hotspot connection you want to utilize (if you have multiple connections).
- To select how to share your connection, click the Share over toggle.
- From the Properties section, click the Edit button.
- Give your Hotspot a name and a password.
- Select “Save” from the menu.
- Connect your other device to the newly established network after turning on the Mobile Hotspot toggle.
As you can see, creating a hotspot in Windows 11 is much simpler than in any of the prior versions of Windows.
A handy step-by-step guide can help ensure no problems are encountered despite the user-friendly interface walking you through the entire procedure and providing all the information you need to complete this activity.
How can I connect my Windows 11 laptop to a mobile Hotspot?
The procedure we referred to earlier is straightforward and only needs a few clicks. It works on older versions of Windows as well, including 10/8.1/8/7 and others, which is much better.
Here, having cellular data on the Android handset is crucial. If so, it can be connected wirelessly to almost any Windows PC.
Once the mobile hotspot is configured on the phone, any other device can use the connection, including a Windows PC, a Mac, an iPhone, or another Android device.
The quickest and simplest way to connect a Windows 11 device to an Android smartphone is to activate the Hotspot feature from the phone’s Quick Settings panel.
Swipe downward from the top of the phone’s home screen to accomplish this. The cellular data connection of that phone will now be used on any compatible device when you press on the Hotspot button.
Before you try anything, keep in mind that the hotspot must be configured with an SSID and a password in order for it to function.
Let’s now go over the exact steps you need to do to set up this entire process on your mobile device.
- Enter the Settings section of your phone.
- Choose Mobile Network from the menu.
- In the list, pick Personal Hotspot.
- The name of the hotspot, the security level, and the password needed to connect should all be modified and configured before the hotspot is turned on.
Therefore, we were able to configure it on the mobile device. You just need to locate the connection and access it in order to use this hotspot on a Windows 11 PC.
To connect, simply enter the password and press Connect after clicking the Wi-Fi icon in the System Tray and choosing the mobile hotspot as your internet choice.
We also encourage you to turn off the mobile hotspot when not in use for security reasons and to save your phone’s battery life.
What if I simply can’t connect via hotspot?
A USB cable can be used to share the internet between the Android phone and the Windows 11 device if the Wi-Fi hotspot isn’t functioning for some reason.
Connect the PC and the phone to each other using a USB-C or micro USB cable that is suited for this. Simply access Hotspot & Tethering on the phone by going to Settings, and turn on USB Tethering.
Passwords are not required, and once the USB tethering feature on the phone is enabled, it is possible to access the internet through the PC, just like with any conventional Ethernet connection.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I use Windows 11 as a portable hotspot?
Open settings by selecting them from the Start menu or by pressing Windows Key + I on the keyboard. Select Network & Internet from the list of options on the left after opening Settings. Select Mobile Hotspot from the list of options on the right.
2. Why does Windows 11 not support mobile hotspots?
Bluetooth, firewalls, Airplane mode, out-of-date network adapter drivers, registry errors, and Bluetooth can all contribute to Windows 11’s mobile hotspot, not working issues. You might be able to resolve the We can’t set up a mobile hotspot in Windows 11 issue by modifying the registry.
3. How can I link Windows 11 to my mobile data?
Turning on the “Hotspot” option from the phone’s Quick Settings panel is the simplest way to share a cellular data connection from an Android smartphone with a Windows 11 PC. Swipe down from the top of the phone’s home screen to accomplish that.
4. Turning on the ‘Mobile Hotspot’ option disables the internet …
5. consistent problem with mobile hotspot in windows – Reddit