Apple has introduced many iPhones. Yes, a few — such as the iPhone X later — are far more distinctive than the others. However, it is not always evident whether you’ve got an iPhone 7 or an iPhone 6. This is particularly true you did not happen to purchase your iPhone yourself.
This is sometimes an issue if you would like to market your iPhone or even if you would like to understand whether a program or iOS upgrade will be harmonious with it. However, differentiating your iPhone version is straightforward. In recent versions, it is possible to just dive into the preferences and assess which iPhone you’ve got. In the instance of earlier versions, it is possible to check the version number on the rear of your telephone, in addition to our listing under iPhone versions and their unique version numbers.
What iPhone do I have?
If you would like to learn about that iPhone you’ve got, you may go to Settings > General > Around.
The About page provides you general advice regarding your iPhone. It details the edition of iOS you are operating, the storage capability, along with the version number. Furthermore, if your own iPhone is operating iOS 12.2 or later, you can view your iPhone’s version name. This usually means that in the event you’ve got an iPhone 5S or afterward, you ought to have the ability to observe the version name.
But if you’ve got an iPhone 5 or more sooner, you will not have the ability to update to iOS 12.2. By extension, you also will not have the ability to see that your own iPhone version name inside Preferences. Nevertheless, it’s possible to see your iPhone’s version number still. Yet more, be sure to’ve navigated to Preferences > General > Around.
About the On-screen, tap on the amount on the best of Model Number. This will be a number starting with N or M. If you tap it, you will observe a number beginning with A. The next number is the iPhone’s version number. You’re able to use the model number to ascertain what creation of iPhone you’ve got. Refer to this listing under and match the amount to an iPhone iteration.
The Simplest Way to discover your phone’s version number is just turning your cellphone about — the version number is etched into the rear of the telephone. As we mentioned previously, A is the very first character of model numbers. It is not a terrible idea to compare the version number to the version number displayed in the program settings to be sure that they match up, particularly before selling the telephone.
What iPhone model do I have
The listing below comprises every iPhone version (like model numbers) which Apple has ever published, from latest to oldest. In the time of this guide, you will find 25 versions. But judging from the flourishing consumer technology business, we will not be shocked if this listing is long ten years from Today.
- iPhone SE (2020): A2275, A2296, A2298
- iPhone 11 Guru: A2160, A2217, A2215
- iPhone 11 Guru Max: A2161, A2220, A2218
- iPhone 11: A2111, A2223, A2221
- iPhone XS: A1920, A2097, A2098, A2099, A2100
- iPhone XS Max: A1921, A2101, A2102, A2103, A2104
- iPhone XR: A1984, A2105, A2106, A2107, A2108
- iPhone X: A1865, A1901, A1902
- iPhone 8: A1863, A1905, A1906
- iPhone 8 Plus: A1864, A1897, A1898
- iPhone 7: A1660, A1778, A1779
- iPhone 7 Plus: A1661, A1784, A1785
- iPhone 6S: A1633, A1688, A1700
- iPhone 6S Plus: A1634, A1687, A1699
- iPhone 6: A1549, A1586, A1589
- iPhone 6 Plus: A1522, A1524, A1593
- iPhone SE: A1723, A1662, A1724
- iPhone 5S: A1453, A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530, A1533
- iPhone 5C: A1456, A1507, A1516, A1529, A1532
- iPhone 5: A1428, A1429, A1442
- iPhone 4S: A1431, A1387
- iPhone 4: A1349, A1332
- iPhone 3GS: A1325, A1303
- iPhone 3G: A1324, A1241
- iPhone: A1203