Here we can see, “Here’s How to Solve the Vmware Not Booting Error”
Many users have reported that their VMware version won’t start.
This problem can be very stressful because it prevents you from accessing both the Virtual Machine and its data.
The problem becomes even worse if you’re a VMware company and can’t obtain access to the data you need to run your business.
As a result, you must figure out how to fix the VMware not booting error as soon as possible.
In today’s article, we’ll look at some of the greatest ways to help you with this problem.
To avoid any needless issues, please follow the procedures outlined in this article in the order they were written.
Here’s how to deal with the VMware not booting error
1. VMware not booting from CD
- Turn on your virtual machine.
- When the VMware logo displays on a black screen, click the window to choose it.
- Press the Esc or F2 keys on your keyboard to access the boot setup menu.
- As the initial boot device, choose the CD-ROM.
- To resume the booting procedure, press Enter.
2. VMware not booting from USB
Start the New Virtual Machine Wizard:
- Plop Boot Manager can be downloaded and extracted to your hard disk.
- Insert the bootable USB drive into your computer.
- Click the File button in VMware and select the New Virtual Machine option.
- This will launch the Wizard for Creating a New Virtual Machine.
- Select Typical from the drop-down menu and then click Next.
Navigate to the location of your ISO file:
- Select Installer Disc Image File (ISO) from the drop-down menu and click the Browse button.
- Navigate to the location of your extracted Plot Boot Manager in the browse window.
- Choose the.
- Click Open to open the ISO file, then Next to continue (inside the wizard window).
- Select Linux as the guest OS and Ubuntu as the version in the Version area, then click Next.
- Select a disk size -> click Next -> give your virtual machine a name -> click Next.
- Select the USB Controller from the left side menu by pressing the Customize Hardware button.
- Select the option by checking the box next to it. Connect new USB devices automatically -> click Finish.
3. VMware not booting from vmdk
You’ll need to convert your.vmdk file to make it compatible with ESXi for VMware to boot from.
To do so, follow these steps:
- The VMware V2V converter can be downloaded here (you will need to be signed into the VMware website to access the link).
- To finish the setup, run the installer and follow the on-screen prompts.
- The configuration will be saved if the server is rebooted.
- Attempt to boot from the vmdk file once more.
4. VMware not booting from disk
Follow the instructions in the first way of this article to resolve the problem, but select the ISO image as the boot source instead.
If your virtual machine doesn’t recognize the ISO image, it’s because it’s corrupted, and you’ll need to replace it.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What can I do if VMware isn’t working?
Restart your Host Computer after shutting down the virtual machine. Restart Workstation after your Host computer has rebooted. VMware Workstation should be downloaded and reinstalled. This guarantees that you have the most up-to-date version and that any missing or corrupted virtual network settings are updated.
2. How do I install VMware on Windows 10?
Click “Create a New Virtual Machine” in VMware Player, and the “New Virtual Machine Wizard” dialog box appears. On the “Welcome to the New Virtual Machine Wizard” page, make sure the default “Installer disc:” radio button is chosen under “Install from:.” Then press the [Next >] key.
3. What is the procedure for unlocking a VMware virtual machine?
If the screen says “Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to unlock this machine,” and the virtual desktop toolbar is visible at the top of the screen, click “Send Ctrl-Alt-Delete” on the virtual desktop toolbar instead of pressing those keys on a physical computer with VMware View access.
4. Workstation 12 player not booting from iso : r/vmware – Reddit
5. Virtual machine does not start : r/vmware – Reddit