Here we can see, “How to: Fix Gears 5 Ultra Hd Texture Won’t Download”
Gears 5 is a first-person shooter with a plethora of add-ons. The Ultra-HD Texture Pack is one of these DLCs and is absolutely free.
Of course, not everyone will be able to play the game on standard settings, let alone with the Ultra-HD Texture Pack.
However, a large number of users have reported having trouble downloading the Texture Pack:
I have Gears 5 Ultimate through GamesPass and when I go into video settings and select install Ultra HD texture pack it immediately jumps to 70% and sticks there. Nothing starts downloading according to network traffic or by checking the Windows Store or Xbox Beta app.
Further conversation revealed that many other players are experiencing the same problem and that it is primarily a visual rather than a practical issue.
Some users theorized that it could be a server-side issue and that the download will complete if you wait long enough.
Mine was stuck on 70% for a while but it seems to be going up slowly now. It’s probably just a really slow download.
Fix Ultra-HD Texture Pack download issues
The problem is more of an annoyance than a bug; however, it can be easily solved by doing one of the following:
Change the Gears 5 install location
- Gears 5 can be uninstalled using the Windows Apps & Features settings page.
- Restart Windows by going to Settings, selecting System, and then clicking Restart. Storage
- Click the text link on the Storage page. Change the location of where fresh material is saved.
- Replace the drive. New programs will save to a location different than the system’s default drive.
- Reinstall Gears 5.
- Run the game, go to Video Options, and select Ultra Textures to install.
- After the game has finished, restart it.
If the steps mentioned above don’t work, you could try one of the following:
- Wait it out; the download will eventually speed up again.
- Ensure you have enough disk space on the destination drive to accommodate the Ultra-HD Texture Pack.
- Uninstall the game and reinstall it.
It appears that the issue only affects the Steam version of the game.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why isn’t my new graphics card working properly?
Turn on the computer and check the graphics card’s fan to see if it’s spinning. If your graphics card isn’t working, it’s possible that the slot is to blame. In this situation, shut down your computer, reopen the case, and remove the graphics card. Find another slot, put the card in it, and see what happens.
2. Is it safe to turn off NVIDIA graphics?
Nope. It’s not a good idea. If you don’t have dedicated graphics, your laptop or desktop will not display anything. Even if you have a dedicated GPU, it will be disabled on laptops because onboard graphics are loaded first unless a very high 3d image is generated.
3. Is it necessary to upgrade your GPU BIOS?
Yes. When flashing bios, be careful to follow the manufacturer’s instructions, as it is dangerous and can cause your Windows installation to fail (and the motherboard itself). Also, make a backup of your data before you begin, and keep your Windows install USB key handy if you need to perform a rapid boot repair.
4. Ultra textures not installing on PC : r/GearsOfWar – Reddit
5. Gears 5 is a shining example of how industry leading visuals