Here we can see, “How to: Fix Sky Go Not Working in Windows 10”
Users can access Sky video on their Windows desktops and laptops using Sky Go’s streaming app. On the Sky forum, some customers have complained that they cannot launch the app. The Sky Go app may stop playing content for other users. Here are a few Windows 10 fixes for Sky Go apps that won’t launch or play content.
How can Users Fix Sky Go?
1. Remove CiscoVideoGuard and Reinstall Sky Go
- Many customers claim that completely uninstalling CiscoVideoGuard and reinstalling Sky Go resolved the issue with Sky Go. Start Run by pressing the Windows key and R.
- Enter “appwiz.cpl” in the Run’s Open box, then click OK.
- Select CiscoVideoGuard first, then click Uninstall.
- Choose Yes from the menu.
- Once CiscoVideoGuard has been removed, choose SkyGo and click Uninstall.
- To give additional approval for the removal of Sky Go, select Yes.
- Users must then delete the remaining VideoGuardPlayer and Sky Go folders. To do that, select File Explorer from the taskbar in Windows 10.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to this folder: Cisco is located in C: > User > [user folder] > AppData > Local.
- Press the Delete button after selecting the VideoGuardPlayer folder.
- Next, launch File Explorer and click this folder: Cisco can be found under C: > User > [user folder] > AppData.
- Select Delete with a right-click on the VideoGuardPlayer folder.
- The Roaming folder by going to this address: Roaming is accessible at C: > User > [user folder].
- Click the Delete button after choosing the Sky Go and Sky folders to remove them.
- Finally, launch File Explorer and choose the Downloads folder. Click Delete to remove all of the SkyGoInstaller files from that location.
- Deleted folders and files could need users to clear the Recycle Bin. To empty the recycle bin, click the icon for it on the desktop and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
- Before reinstalling Sky Go, restart Windows.
- On the Sky Go download page, select Download now for Windows to save the software installer. Utilizing the installer, reinstall SkyGo.
2. Close Screen Capture Utilities
- Screen capture software might halt the playback of material on Sky Go. Right-click the taskbar and choose Task Manager to ensure no screenshot applications are currently active.
- The Processes tab allows you to choose a screenshot tool.
- To shut down the screenshot programme, click the End task button.
3. Turn Off Firewalls
- Apps for streaming services don’t usually work well with firewalls. Press the Windows key + S hotkey to launch the search tool and check to see if Windows Defender Firewall is preventing access to Sky Go.
- Enter “firewall” as the search term in the box. To access the applet for the Control Panel displayed below, click Windows Defender Firewall.
- The settings shown in the image just below will be opened when you click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- To disable WDF, use the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall option there.
- Choose the OK option.
Additionally, consider disabling or removing any third-party antivirus programmes that might include firewalls. More information about temporarily disabling antivirus utilities can be found on their help pages. Some antivirus programmes can be disabled or turned off by right-clicking the icons in the system tray to bring up context menus with those options.
4. Clean Boot Windows
- Clean-booting Windows to remove incompatible third-party applications and services from the startup may be able to solve the app because some products, like CiscoVideoGuard, conflict with Sky Go. The System Configuration programme will launch once you type “msconfig” into Run and press OK.
- Choose Selective startup, Load system services, and Use original boot settings on the General tab.
- Uncheck the option next to Load startup items.
- On the Services tab, choose the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- After selecting the Disable all checkbox, click Apply > OK.
- To restart Windows, click Restart.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why is My Sky Go not working?
Restarting your device can free up memory, so try that first. If none of the steps mentioned above have worked, remove the Sky Go app and then redownload it from the App Store (or your Purchased list). Reopen the Sky Go app once you’re finished. You should be able to resume operations after this clean install.
2. Does Windows 10 support Sky Go?
Can a PC watch Sky Go? Windows 7 and later work with the Sky Go desktop app; however, Windows 10 offers the best performance. Since you’ll be streaming TV episodes and live-streaming sporting events, you’ll need a constant internet connection.
3. Why can’t I use my PC to view Sky Go?
You need a Sky TV subscription in order to use Sky Go on your phone, tablet, laptop, or computer. Also must have a Sky Multiscreen or Whole Home subscription in order to use Sky Go on Apple TV. You will only be able to utilise Sky Essentials TV to a minimal extent if you don’t currently have any active subscriptions.
4. Sky Go is “Protected Content”? : r/ShadowPC – Reddit
5. Sky Go UK laptop not working in Portugal : r/ControlD – Reddit