Here we can see, “NVIDIA Control Panel Only Shows 3D Settings”
- Because integrated graphics cards are the default GPUs for alternate display options, the NVIDIA Control Panel only shows 3D settings.
- If your NVIDIA Control Panel only contains 3D settings, deactivating the onboard GPU may give you more options.
- When NVIDIA manage 3D settings that aren’t working, updating graphics card drivers can assist.
- Restarting the NVIDIA Control Panel may also resolve missing settings difficulties for specific users.
Some customers complained about the NVIDIA Control Panel only showing 3D settings on NVIDIA’s forum.
On PCs with two GPUs, this problem occurs. As a result, the NVIDIA Control Panel window does not allow users to set display and video options.
What can I do if NVIDIA’s control panel only shows 3D settings?
1. Install the latest NVIDIA graphics card drivers
Due to the possibility that the missing settings on the NVIDIA Control Panel are due to outdated graphics card drivers, an advanced tool could be a viable solution.
DriverFix is a highly rated driver updater program that allows users to update device drivers quickly.
With a database of over 18 million drivers, DriverFix keeps device drivers up to date.
It compares driver versions on your PC with those in its database to update drivers.
By maintaining all drivers up to date and error-free, big-time gaming can be done without crashes, lags, or freezes.
2. Turn off your computer’s integrated graphics card
- Click the NVIDIA Settings system tray icon to open the panel directly below.
- To access those choices, click Manage 3D settings.
- On the Preferred graphics processor drop-down menu, choose High-performance NVIDIA CPU.
- Select the option to Apply.
- To open a menu with many shortcuts, press the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
- On the Win + X menu, select Device Manager.
- Double-click it to access the Display adapters category, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Disable your integrated Intel graphics GPU by right-clicking it and selecting Disable device.
- To confirm, select the Yes option.
- After that, restart Windows.
3. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel and restart it
- Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager to reset the NVIDIA Control Panel process.
- If it isn’t already chosen, click the Processes tab.
- Select the NVIDIA Control Panel process and hit the Finish button.
- Then, using the right-click context menu on the desktop, restart the NVIDIA Control Panel.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why do I only have 3D options in the Nvidia control panel?
Because integrated graphics cards are the default GPUs for alternate display options, the NVIDIA Control Panel only shows 3D settings. If your NVIDIA Control Panel only contains 3D settings, deactivating the onboard GPU may give you more options.
2. Why don’t I have access to all of the settings in the Nvidia control panel?
Check to see if the device’s driver is activated, as well as the system’s drivers, to resolve the control panel missing problem. Make sure the driver is entirely installed. In Nvidia’s notes, look for an update-related issue. Check to see whether the computer has been overclocked or if the speed has been changed manually.
3. In the Nvidia control panel, how can I turn off 3D?
The emitter button on CTRL-T toggles 3D, however the driver is still generating two frames, so it won’t enhance your performance. The only way to completely eliminate 3D is to do as Roller said and turn it off in the Control Panel.
4. Nvidia Control Panel only shows 3D Settings. Is it possible
Nvidia Control Panel only shows 3D Settings. Is it possible to see more settings than just that? from nvidia
5. NVIDIA Control Panel only showing 3D settings? : r/techsupport
NVIDIA Control Panel only showing 3D settings? from techsupport