Here we can see, “Minecraft Won’t Open/Launch in Windows 10”
- Minecraft will not open on Windows 10 as predicted, causing a lot of aggravation among gamers.
- To fix Minecraft not launching on Windows 10, you’ll need to use specialized software to ensure your drivers are up to current.
- You’ll need to try running the software with administrator privileges to continue debugging this annoying issue.
- You can determine if the problem is caused by one of these installations by removing any mods.
Some Minecraft users have complained about Microsoft‘s forum about the game’s launch troubles.
When Minecraft does not launch as expected, these people cannot play it. For example, a user on a Microsoft message board wrote:
I recently purchased Minecraft Java. Unfortunately, my PC was updated to the new Windows two days ago. I can no longer open the Minecraft Java launcher due to this. As a result, I am unable to participate.
Make sure to go through this article since we highlight some of the greatest solutions to resolve this issue once and for all.
What can I do if Minecraft won’t open on Windows 10?
1. Update the driver for your graphics card
With a sophisticated tool, you can see if your graphics card’s driver needs to be updated.
DriverFix is a driver updater program that rapidly analyses your computer and generates thorough reports for devices requiring driver updates.
Then, customers can select to download updated drivers using its enormous driver database, which contains over 18 million drivers.
2. Switch to compatibility mode in Minecraft (and as an administrator)
- On the taskbar of Windows 10, click the File Explorer button.
- In File Explorer, navigate to the Minecraft folder.
- In your Minecraft folder, go to the Game subdirectory.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu for Launcher.jar.
- Select the Compatibility tab, as seen in the screenshot below.
- Choose the option to run this program in compatibility mode.
- On the Compatibility mode drop-down option, choose Windows 7.
- Then, click the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to select that option.
- To save the updated settings, select the Apply option.
- To close the window, click OK.
Apply the above resolution to your Minecraft Launcher.exe file if you can’t find a Launcher.jar file.
3. Remove all Minecraft modifications
- To open a search utility, click the Type here to search button on your Windows 10 taskbar.
- In the search box, type in the keyword percent appdata percent.
- Then, as shown in the screenshot below, click percent appdata percent to open the folder.
- To open the.minecraft folder, double-click it.
- Then go to the mods subfolder and open it.
- To select all of the Minecraft mods in the folder, use the Ctrl + A hotkey.
- Select the Home tab from the drop-down menu.
- Then, to delete the selected mod files, click the Delete option.
4. Disable antivirus software from third parties
By right-clicking the system tray icon of any third-party antivirus program you’ve installed, you can disable it.
This will open the software’s context menu, which will most likely include a deactivate option that you may click to disable the antivirus tool temporarily.
Then turn off your antivirus program and play Minecraft.
5. Install Minecraft again
- To access the Win + X menu, press the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
- Go to the Win + X menu and select Run to open that attachment.
- To open Windows 10’s uninstaller utility, type appwiz.cpl in the text box and hit Enter.
- Within the Programs and Features Control Panel applet, select Minecraft.
- To uninstall Minecraft, click Uninstall (and yes on any confirmation windows).
- Open the search box in Windows 10 after uninstalling Minecraft.
- Type percent appdata percent into the search box and click percent appdata percent to access a folder.
- Select Delete from the context menu of the.minecraft folder.
- Then, through a browser, go to the Minecraft website.
- There you can get the most recent Minecraft version.
- To reinstall Minecraft, open the installer.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What is causing my Minecraft to become unresponsive?
Minecraft will not work if your device drivers are old or corrupt, particularly your graphics card driver. The graphics driver enables your computer to successfully show the game. However, it is not necessarily the graphics driver that is at blame; the culprit could be an obsolete sound card driver or a network adapter driver.
2. Is Minecraft for Windows 10 Java or bedrock?
The Bedrock Edition is accessible on Windows 10 and 11, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and X, PlayStation 4 and 5, Nintendo Switch, Fire OS/TV, Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, and Samsung Gear VR, while the Java Edition is only available on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
3. Is it possible to play Minecraft on Windows 10 with bedrock?
‘Minecraft: Bedrock Edition’ supports cross-platform gaming on consoles, mobile devices, and personal computers. Windows 10 PCs, Xbox One and Series S/X, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, iOS and iPadOS devices, and Android smartphones may all play “Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.”
4. Minecraft Launcher from Windows 10 won’t start. – Reddit
5. Minecraft Launcher won’t open [Java on Windows 10 PC]