Here we can see, “How to Install Windows 10 on a Second Drive”
Some people are unsure how to install Windows 10 on an additional drive safely. It’s not difficult to install Windows 10 on the new drive, but it does require attention. We created a guide as a result for you to follow.
On the Microsoft Answers forum, one user posed the following query:
I have a desktop computer that is running windows 10 home edition with a 1tb hard drive. I’m installing a solid state drive as a second hard drive. I want to install windows 10 home edition on this drive and make it the boot drive
Quick guide on installing Windows 10 on the second drive
1. Download the Windows ISO files
- You must first download the Windows ISO file that will enable you to make a bootable disc before you can install Windows.
- You must download the Windows image from the official Microsoft website to obtain a clean copy.
- The ISO file can also be downloaded using the Media Creation Tool, which is an alternative.
2. Create a bootable Install Media
- You must now use a disc burning programme. Rufus is a programme that we advise using to make the bootable CD.
- You would need to load the image file into Rufus in order to make the drive bootable.
- Choose FAT32 as the file system.
- After that, all you have to do is click Start.
- You will be prompted to remove any remaining files from your USB flash drive before you can start burning.
3. Install Windows
- Once the bootable drive is prepared, you must instruct your computer to start from it.
- When you start your computer from the Windows drive, Windows Setup appears.
- You must click the Install now button here. You will then be prompted to select the Windows version, enter the product key, and select the language.
- Select the Custom install option when presented with the choice between Windows Upgrade and that.
- Windows installation on the second drive is now a choice. Next, select the second drive by clicking it.
- The installation of Windows will begin as a result.
- Allow Windows to install and configure itself first. You should be informed that the installation will automatically restart the machine a few times.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Is it possible to set up Windows 10 on a second hard drive?
Installing Windows 10 on an additional SSD or Hard Drive is possible. There are several justifications for doing so. You might wish to try out a beta version of Windows 10 or have your own copy of Windows 10 that you can plug in and start up.
2. Can I have two hard drives that can boot?
A second partition’s worth of free space on the hard disc is all that is needed to set up a dual boot. Add a second hard drive and install the second operating system there if you don’t have enough space for another partition.
3. How do I make a Windows 10 SSD bootable?
- Press F2/F12/Del to enter BIOS after restarting the computer.
- Change the boot order in the boot option and set the OS to start from the new SSD.
- Restart the PC, leave BIOS, and save the modifications. Allow the machine to start up slowly.
4. Installing Windows 10 on a second hard drive when … – Reddit
5. Installing Windows 10 onto another hard drive help – Reddit