Here we can see, “9 Easy Ways to Fix Mobile Hotspot Not Working in Windows 11”
- Bluetooth, firewalls, Airplane mode, out-of-date network adapter drivers, Bluetooth, and registry problems are all potential sources of Windows 11’s mobile hotspot troubles.
- You might be able to resolve the We can’t set up a mobile hotspot in Windows 11 issue by modifying the registry.
- Additionally, some built-in troubleshooters help resolve network-related problems that prevent mobile hotspots from operating.
A helpful network feature in Windows 11 is the mobile hotspot. You can let other devices use your PC’s WiFi Internet connection when enabled. However, Windows 11’s mobile hotspot capability might not always function as intended.
For instance, some users need to fix a mobile hotspot configuration that is greyed out. The irritating Another frequently mentioned problem that might occur when users attempt to enable the feature is the error “We can’t set up mobile hotspot.”
Are you one of the people that needs to fix the mobile hotspot issue? If so, the potential Windows 11 solutions listed below may be able to assist you quickly getting that function running.
Why is my mobile hotspot not working in Windows 11?
Network-related problems or particular Windows 11 features that interfere with the hotspot connection can cause mobile hotspots to cease functioning. Some of the most frequent considerations include the following:
- Airplane mode is enabled: Since the Airplane mode prevents wireless connections, using a mobile hotspot with that feature activated is not possible.
- Bluetooth: Mobile hotspot connections might be disrupted by Bluetooth as well.
- Outdated network drivers: Old network adapter drivers may cause a network issue for mobile hotspots.
- Firewalls: Mobile hotspot connections may be hindered by Windows 11’s built-in firewall or others found in antivirus programmes.
Additionally, consumers noticed additional related problems, which we will address below. As a result, if yours is listed below, be sure to use the remedies we’ve developed:
- Windows 11 hotspot not working – Expand the Network adapters folder found within the Device Manager window. Choose Update Driver from the context menu that appears when you right-click on your WiFi driver.
- Can’t connect to Windows hotspot – Antivirus and firewall programmes should be turned off for the time being.
- Windows 11 hotspot not working after update – In this case, you can choose to uninstall the latest Windows 11 update.
- Windows could not connect to mobile hotspot – Start the Network Adapter troubleshooter with Windows 11.
- Obtaining IP address problem in WiFi hotspot Windows 11 – The user cannot connect to a WiFi network due to an IP setup mistake, and if they do, they will get this warning.
- Windows 11 USB tethering not working – It has been found that manually updating the drivers for your iPhone or Android smartphone is necessary to fix USB tethering issues in Windows 11.
Let’s get right to the list of fixes for the Windows 11 mobile hotspot not working problem. Continue on!
How can I fix the mobile hotspot not working in Windows 11?
1. Run Windows 11’s Network Adapter troubleshooter
- Select the Settings app that is pinned to the Start menu by clicking the Start button on Windows 11.
- Next, select the System tab’s Troubleshoot button.
- A list of troubleshooters will appear when you select the Other trouble-shooters option.
- To launch the Network Adapter troubleshooter, click the Run button.
- Select the radio button for All network adapters in the troubleshooter’s window. Then, in order to continue, click Next.
2. Disable Airplane mode
- To open Settings, use the keyboard shortcut Windows + I. Choose the Network & internet tab next.
- If the Flight mode setting is on, disable it. After that, the Windows 11 mobile hotspot error should vanish.
3. Disable Bluetooth
- On the taskbar, select Start. Pick Settings to launch that app’s window next.
- Choose the Bluetooth & devices tab next.
- Toggle the Bluetooth option off by clicking the toggle button. The problem with Windows 11’s mobile hotspot will be resolved.
4. Start the Mobile Hotspot Service
- Launch Run with the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Enter the following text in the Open box, then click OK to launch Services:
- The Windows Mobile Hotspot Service’s properties window will then appear after you double-click it.
- Select Start from the menu.
- To save the recently chosen adjustments, select Apply and then Ok.
- If the Windows Mobile Hotspot service is already running, choose Restart from the context menu when you right-click on it.
5. Change the network adapter’s settings
- As said in the first few steps of resolution 1, launch the Settings app.
- Click Advanced network settings after choosing the Network & Internet tab.
- In the Related settings section, choose More network adapter options.
- To access Properties, right-click the network adapter for your mobile hotspot.
- From the properties window, choose the Sharing tab.
- Remove a checkmark from the box next to the option that says, “Allow other network users to connect using this computer’s Internet connection.”
- Next, press the OK button.
- After that, select Power and Restart from the Start menu in Windows 11. We’ll deal with the Windows 11 mobile hotspot problem.
6. Update your PC’s WiFi driver
- While holding down the Windows key, simultaneously press X. To open the Device Manager window, select that option.
- To expand that Device Manager category, following double-click Network adapters.
- Use the right-click menu to choose an update driver option for the WiFi network adapter on your PC.
- To start an automatic driver scan and update, click Search automatically for drivers. By doing this, the problem with Windows 11 mobile hotspot not working will be resolved.
Even if the Update Driver determines the best driver is already installed, a newer driver can still be accessible for the network adapter on your PC.
If you want to know whether the driver for your network adapter has been updated, run DriverFix on your computer.
7. Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
- You can search for Windows Defender Firewall by pressing the Windows key first.
- The Windows Defender Firewall Control Panel applet will launch when you click it.
- Next, choose whether to turn on or off Windows Defender Firewall.
- Turning down Windows Defender Firewall can be done by selecting the radio buttons.
- To confirm, press the OK button. The problem with Windows 11 mobile hotspot not functioning will be fixed.
Try turning off any third-party antivirus software that may be installed on your computer. To disable (turn off), right-click the antivirus program’s system tray icon in Windows 11. Then, if possible, use the Disable option to disable the antivirus programme temporarily.
8. Edit the registry
- Select the Taskbar Search button (the one with the magnifying glass icon).
- Type the word Regedit into the Type here to search box to find Registry Editor. To open the Registry Editor window, choose it from the search results.
- Now open Registry Editor’s windows and select the following key:
- The HostedNetworkSettings key should be selected. Next, choose Delete by right-clicking the HostedNetworkSettings REG BINARY in the Registry Editor’s right pane. The problem with Windows 11 mobile hotspot not functioning will be resolved.
9. Reset your network
- As instructed in steps one and two of the first resolution, open Settings.
- To access additional choices, click the Network & Internet tab on the left side of the Settings window and choose Advanced network settings.
- Clicking Network reset will display that choice.
- Hit the network reset button.
- When a confirmation prompt appears, choose Yes.
How do I reset my hotspot settings?
The procedures below can be used to reset the hotspot settings on your Android phone, however keep in mind that they may vary depending on your specific device:
- On your Android device, open the Settings app and pick it after scrolling down to the System section.
- Incorporate more advanced topics.
- Select Options Reset.
- Then select Reset WiFi, Mobile, and Bluetooth.
- To reset the hotspot, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
Who can I contact about fixing the mobile hotspot?
The Windows 11 support service from Microsoft may be able to assist in resolving the mobile hotspot issue. You can open a Describe your issue text box by clicking the Get support link on the Contact Microsoft Support page. Then, after filling up the text box, choose Get assistance and Contact Support.
Alternatively, you might write a post about it on the Windows community forum run by Microsoft. Then, click Ask a question on that forum to launch a text editor. Afterwards, you can ask a forum post query on how to use the text editor to resolve the mobile hotspot problem.
However, if your mobile hotspot isn’t operating, you might not need to call any support services. Many mobile hotspot issues can be resolved using the above-mentioned probable remedies. So, try out a few of those solutions first.
Keep in mind that Windows 11 also offers a variety of third-party WiFi hotspot apps that you can use. To create a WiFi hotspot in Windows, a mobile hotspot is not always necessary. You can learn about the top ones in our WiFi hotspot software solutions guide.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Is Mobile Hotspot supported by Windows 11?
The dedicated mobile hotspot functionality in Windows 11 is comparatively easy to set up: Go to Mobile Hotspot under Settings > Network & Internet. Choose the connection you want to share by selecting it from the drop-down menu next to “Share my internet connection from.”
2. Windows won’t connect to Mobile Hotspot; why?
A specific driver software programme controls every device on your computer. Consequently, a wireless network is managed by a driver. Your hotspot and WiFi may suffer if this driver is damaged or out-of-date. Therefore, updating your wireless network driver may enable your computer to re-establish a connection to your hotspot.
3. Why doesn’t my mobile hotspot function?
Verify that the Wi-Fi on the connected device is turned on. For all devices, update to the most recent firmware version. Restart the phone or Hotspot device. The devices you’re attempting to connect to the Hotspot with should be restarted.
4. Internet not working after turn on mobile hotspot – Reddit
5. Mobile Hotspot stuck at “Applying Settings” : r/Windows10