Here we can see, “You Can Now Install Microsoft Edge on Chrome Os. Here’s How”
- Microsoft just released an Edge beta Linux version for anyone to test.
- Even though Microsoft Edge is not supported on Chrome OS devices, there is a simple way to install it.
- Chrome OS is currently in the beta phase hence the Linux version is officially unsupported.
- Edge will not become your primary browser due to this, but it will allow you to test it and understand how it functions thoroughly.
Microsoft has already released the Edge beta version for Linux, assuring a stable release later in 2021.
Because the operating system is centered around the Chrome browser, many Chrome OS users will naturally want to access all of Google’s services.
However, if you just want to try out a new browser, Microsoft Edge is now available to download. Although it is not officially supported on Chrome OS, the Linux version released in the beta can be installed.
Regardless of why you want to try out Microsoft Edge, it’s not a bad idea to do so, and the methods for doing so are straightforward.
Chrome users should install Microsoft Edge
- To join the Microsoft Edge Insider program, go to the Microsoft Edge Insider page.
- Then select More platforms and channels from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the page and click the Linux download icon (.deb).
- After that, decide if you want Edge Beta or Edge Dev.
- Now go to Settings and select Advanced from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Linux development environment by selecting Developers (Beta).
- Here, select the Turn on option.
- To set up the Linux environment, make sure to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the Microsoft Edge installation file you downloaded after that.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. Is it possible to install Microsoft Edge on Chrome OS?
Even though it isn’t supported, here’s how to install Microsoft Edge on Chrome OS. You’re presumably all-in on Google services if you’re using a Chrome OS machine.
2. What is the procedure for installing Microsoft Edge on Chrome OS?
Launch “Google Chrome” and go to the Microsoft Edge download page. Below the “Dev Channel”card, click the blue “Download” button. Select “Accept and Continue” from the pop-up menu. Select “Install” after double-clicking and launching the file that your Chromebook has just downloaded.
3. Is it possible to get Microsoft Edge for free?
No you do not need to pay, the new Edge browser is free, click the link below then from the drop down, select the version of Edge for your operating system and install from there.
4. Here’s how you can install Microsoft Edge on Chrome OS
5. You can now install Microsoft Edge on your Chromebook