ThinkPad Model identification
- within the Start menu, type “System Information” and choose that option from the results.
- A window will appear, showing your computer’s information. the pc model number because of the 7th item from the highest.
The Machine Info application is often wont to find the following information.
- Machine serial number
- MAC Address
- Host Name
Your machine’s hostname will contain three pieces of data, your NMU user id, the machine type, and the image version.
- In the Start menu or Classic Shell, type “Machine Info” and choose that option from the results.
- A window will appear, showing your computer’s information.
Note: Try using the label on the machine’s rock bottom if you’re unable to spot your machine type using the above method.
The label located on the bottom of the machine.
Every ThinkPad is stamped with a label identifying the machine type, model, and serial number. This label is found on the rock bottom of the machine.
Below may be a sample of a label.
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5 Model 20HQ