Here we can see, “How to: Fix Airpods Microphone Is Not Working”
- There could be a problem with the wireless drivers if the AirPods microphone isn’t working.
- You may quickly resolve this issue by utilizing a specific tool that will automatically repair them.
- Using a third-party Bluetooth adapter may solve the problem without any issues, so give it a shot.
- Check the firmware version of your earbuds and make sure it’s up to date.
The AirPods earphones are fantastic, and however many users are reporting that the microphone on their AirPods isn’t working properly.
This problem can affect just one AirPod or both of them. For the first instance, we also have a solution.
This is a problem that can affect both Mac and PC users, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to repair it once and for all.
What can I do about the AirPods microphone problem?
1. Install the latest Bluetooth drivers
If your AirPods microphone isn’t working, you need to upgrade your Bluetooth adapter driver.
To repair this problem, you’ll need to download Bluetooth Headset Helper for Broadcom devices from 2013.
If you don’t want to do it manually, you can always use a tool like the one listed below to update your drivers automatically.
The system does not correctly update the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals most of the time.
2. Connect your device to a Bluetooth adaptor
When your built-in Bluetooth adapter can’t handle AirPods, problems like the AirPods microphone not working can arise.
You might want to consider purchasing a new Bluetooth adapter to fix this. Many people stated that buying a Bluetooth adaptor fixed the problem on Windows 10, so keep that in mind.
3. Maintain your use of the microphone
- The microphone is activated by tapping your headphones.
- Keep talking, and in a second or two, AirPods will pick up your sound.
This is a simple fix, but it appears to have worked for a few Mac users, so it’s worth a shot.
4. Check the firmware on your computer
- Make sure your firmware is up to date. The 3A283 version, according to several users, was the source of the problem.
- If you don’t have the most recent firmware, try updating it to see if it fixes the issue.
- If the problem persists, you should contact an Apple-certified repair center.
Some people have reported that updating the firmware for the AirPods solved the problem, so do so right now.
To do so, simply begin charging your AirPods while they are still linked to your iPhone. The smartphone should, of course, be connected to the Internet.
5. Make sure the Active Microphone Settings are correct
- Go to your device’s Settings menu.
- Select Bluetooth from the menu.
- From your AirPods, tap the Info symbol.
- Then tap the Microphone and select the option to Automatically Switch AirPods. This will allow the AirPods to use the best microphone available.
This solution will only work if just one AirPod has a microphone, so make sure you follow the procedures above.
6. Turn off and on your smartphone
This problem could be caused by an iPhone connectivity issue that isn’t recognizing any inputs, in which case you should restart the device.
Simply press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds to accomplish this.
If your iPhone has a home button, all you have to do to reset it is keep the Side button pushed.
AirPods are excellent however, if the microphone on your AirPods isn’t working, make sure your drivers are up to current or try one of our other options.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. How do I repair the microphone on my AirPods?
- Connect your AirPods to your device again.
- Clean the microphone on your AirPods.
- Your Apple device should be restarted.
- Microphone settings for AirPods.
- Your AirPods should be reset and reconnected.
2. Why can’t anyone hear me when I use my AirPods?
Right, left, or automated microphone settings are available. When set to automatic, the AirPods will use the device’s available microphone. The presence of debris covering the microphone is another prevalent but often overlooked reason why callers can’t hear you when you’re using your AirPods.
3. Why is the MIC on my AirPods muffled?
Dirty speakers are the most prevalent reason of muffled sound in AirPods. Because they sit directly inside the ear canal, earwax and other debris can accumulate over time, lowering the sound quality. Other possibilities include Bluetooth interference or the need to reset your AirPods.
4. SOLVED – AirPod microphone stopped working – Reddit
5. AirPod Microphone not working on calls – Reddit