Here we can see, “gmail desktop app”
Gmail may be a well-known webmail service developed by Google that has over 1.5 billion users worldwide. But since Gmail may be a webmail-only email service, it doesn’t have a desktop email client. Often, it might be far more convenient to possess a desktop email app for Gmail. you’ll get Gmail on your desktop through 3 key ways:
- Downloading Shift
- Creating a shortcut to Gmail
- Using a separate desktop email client
Is there a desktop app for Gmail?
No, Google doesn’t make a politician desktop email client for Gmail. As a result, many of us are stuck using internet browser windows because they only access their Gmail account. Fortunately, there’s a far better way — you’ll use Shift to manage Gmail on your desktop, whether you employ a PC, Mac, or use Linux.
What is the best desktop email client for Gmail?
Downloading Shift is that the best, thanks to getting Gmail on your desktop. The Shift is the easiest method to urge a desktop app for Gmail since you don’t need to configure anything in Gmail before adding your Gmail account to Shift. It only takes a couple of quick steps to feature a Gmail account to Shift:
- First, click on the ‘+’ at the rock bottom of the left-hand sidebar.
- Next, click on ‘Add Account’ from the choices that appear.
- Type in your Gmail account address.
- Click ‘Add’ then ‘Done.’
Once you’ve added your Gmail account to Shift, your profile picture for your account will appear within the top left-hand corner within the sidebar. Likewise, all of the Google services you employ will appear within the top right-hand corner of the highest bar in Shift.
Using Shift as a desktop ad for Gmail makes it easier to access your Gmail account and makes it easier to manage multiple Gmail accounts. With Shift, you’ll add multiple Gmail accounts then toggle between them without having to log in and out or found out forwarding between Gmail accounts. This may make all of your Gmail inboxes less cluttered since you won’t have multiple Gmail accounts being forwarded to at least one account. One tip to form it easier to navigate between multiple Gmail accounts in Shift is to form sure all of your accounts have distinct profile pictures so you’ll tell them apart at-a-glance.
How to get Gmail on your PC
Set up IMAP in Gmail:
- In Gmail, click on the ‘⚙’ icon within the top right-hand corner.
- Click on ‘Settings’ within the menu.
- Click on ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP.’
- Under ‘IMAP access,’ choose ‘Enable IMAP.’
- Don’t forget to click on ‘Save Changes’ at rock bottom of the page.
Add your Gmail account in Outlook:
- In Outlook, click on ‘File.’
- Then, choose ‘Add Account.’
- Add your Gmail account address within the window that opens and click on ‘Connect.’
- Type in your Gmail password and click on ‘Connect.’
You’re then ready up to use Outlook as a desktop email client for Gmail.
How to get Gmail on your Mac
You can download Shift for Mac as a desktop email client to urge Gmail on your Mac. It’s the simplest thanks to getting Gmail on your desktop if you employ a Mac and don’t want to see your Gmail account during a browser tab.
There is also a Mail app built into macOS to urge Gmail on your desktop with a Mac. It takes several steps to line up your Gmail account to figure with the Mac Mail app:
- While on the Mail page, click ‘Add Account.’
- Choose ‘Google’ from the menu under ‘Choose a mail account provider.’
- Select ‘Continue’ then click ‘Open Safari’ within the new box, which will open.
- Enter your Gmail address, then select ‘Next.’
- You’ll then need to enter your password, select ‘Next,’ enter the code you receive if you employ two-factor authentication, and choose ‘Next’ again.
- Select ‘Allow’ for the permissions.
- You can then also sync notes, contact, and calendars additionally to your Gmail account.
- Your Gmail account will now appear within the left-hand sidebar of the Mail app under ‘Mailboxes.’
There also are several third-party apps for Mac that you can use to urge Gmail on your desktop.
How to create a desktop shortcut for Gmail
The Shift is that the fastest, thanks to accessing Gmail directly on your desktop. It’s easy to download Shift and found a Gmail account to make a desktop shortcut for Gmail.
You can also create a shortcut to individual Gmail accounts on your desktop with these steps:
- Open your Gmail account within the Chrome browser.
- Click on the three small vertical dots within the upper right-hand corner of the Chrome browser.
- Click on “More tools” within the drop-down list.
- Select “Create shortcut.”
- Name the shortcut and click on create. Clicking on this desktop shortcut will open the account during a browser window.
This method of making a desktop shortcut for Gmail also will work for other email services like Mailbox.org or Fastmail, which only offer webmail and don’t offer a downloadable desktop email client. But, ultimately, this isn’t a real solution for getting Gmail on your desktop since the shortcut will open an online browser tab together with your Gmail account. If you would like to find out how to get Gmail on your desktop with a downloadable desktop email client, keep reading.
Is there a Gmail app for Windows?
The Shift may be a great choice for Gmail as a desktop email app in Windows 10. Downloading Shift makes Gmail easily accessible on your Windows 10 desktop without opening an online browser tab.
However, there’s also now an integrated app with the OS that you can use to urge Gmail on your desktop. There are a couple of steps involved to line up your Gmail account within the Windows 10 desktop email app:
- First, select the Windows Start button and enter ‘Mail’ into the search bar.
- Choose ‘Mail – Trusted Microsoft Store app.’
- Next, choose ‘Accounts,’ then choose ‘+ Add account.’
- Finally, choose ‘Google’ from the new window that opens.
- Type in your Gmail account address, choose ‘Next,’ then enter your password and choose ‘Next.’ you’ll need to enter the code you receive if you employ two-factor authentication for your Gmail account.
- Choose ‘Allow’ for the permissions.
You’ll then be ready up to access Gmail directly from the Windows 10 desktop mail app. this is often another good option for a desktop app for Gmail. However, it isn’t easy to manage multiple email accounts with the Windows 10 email app because it is with Shift.
How to Manage Multiple Gmail Accounts on Desktop
For people who have multiple Gmail accounts, switching between them is straightforward on a mobile device but are often painful on a desktop. With Shift, you’ll manage multiple Gmail accounts and switch between them without logging in and out, right from one beautiful desktop app.
What is a desktop email client?
A desktop email client also referred to as a desktop email app, may be a downloadable application that permits you to send and receive email on your desktop. It’s different from a webmail application that only sends and receives an email directly within your internet browser window. With email clients, you’ll use multiple different email accounts within an equivalent email client. For instance, if you download Shift, you’ll use any email account, including Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook. This makes desktop email clients an excellent option for anyone looking to manage multiple email accounts more effectively.
Why use a desktop email client?
Using a separate desktop email client instead of a browser window may be a good way to streamline your desktop workstation by reducing the number of tabs you’ve got open. If you’ve got too many browser tabs open, it is often hard to quickly access your Gmail account. All of that extra clutter from having too many tabs open just results in dalliance and reduces productivity. Employing a desktop email client is additionally an excellent thanks to having a passionate space for sending and responding to emails, instead of getting distracted by everything else that’s open in your internet browser.
1.Why is there no desktop app for Gmail?
Gmail is webmail, and currently, there’s no desktop app as developers didn’t work it out. And there’s the sole app for smartphones and during a browser. … However, on another hand, Gmail during a browser has its peculiarity. Google wants you to get on the web, where Google earns money with advertisements.
2.Is Gmail a POP or IMAP?
Gmail allows access to its IMAP and POP mail servers, so you’ll found out the email software on your computer or mobile device to figure out the service. Most premium and a few free email applications offer both IMAP and POP email compatibility, while other free email programs offer only the POP email service.
3.What is the Gmail Dot trick?
If someone accidentally adds dots to your address when emailing you, you’ll still get that email. for instance, if your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, you own all dotted versions of your address: email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com.
4.Simple trick to urge Gmail as a desktop app
5.Looking for a desktop Gmail application