Here we can see “feature update to windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80070015”
How to fix Windows Defender error 0x80070015 on Windows 10
- The Windows Defender error 0x80070015 will leave your system susceptible to cyber-attacks.
- Installing the newest Windows updates should get obviate this problem once and for all.
- The Firewall could conflict with a third-party antivirus, so confirm you disable that one.
- Run the SFC and DISM scans, and if those don’t help, perform a System Restore.
Before the upgrade, most of the Windows users ignored a built-in security solution. Instead, third-party solutions were the go-to software to guard us against annoying malware.
However, with Windows 10, Microsoft offers improved Windows Defender as a viable alternative for users worldwide.
Even though Windows Defender offers solid protection with frequent security updates, there are many issues and errors.
Additionally, Defender seems to crash before an offline scan is finished. We looked into it and addressed this issue with few possible workarounds.
According to users, Windows Defender error 0x80070015 can sometimes appear on your system, and speaking of this error, here are some similar issues that users reported:
- Error code 0x80070015 Windows 10 install
- This problem can sometimes occur while trying to put in a replacement version of Windows 10.
- This issue is often caused by third-party antivirus, so make sure to disable it.
- Error 0x80070015 Windows update
- Sometimes this error message can interfere with Windows Update.
- If that’s the case, make sure to reset Windows Update components and check if that helps.
- 0x80070015 Windows Store
- This error can sometimes affect Windows Store also.
- If you encounter it, make sure to undertake all the solutions from this text.
Windows Defender may be an excellent antivirus to possess, and it does its job correctly. But, unfortunately, there is much harmful software that will bypass the Firewall.
Therefore, you would like to outsmart them by employing a third-party security tool that utilizes advanced AI and machine learning to affect this troublesome software.
How do I fix the Windows Defender error 0x80070015?
1. Install the newest updates
- Open the Settings app. you’ll do this quickly by pressing Windows Key + I.
- When the Settings app opens, attend Update & Security section.
- Click the Check for updates button within the right pane.
If any updates are available, they’re going to be downloaded automatically within the background. Once the updates are downloaded, restart your PC to put in them.
When your system is up so far, the matter should be resolved entirely. Consistent with users, Windows Defender error 0x80070015 usually occurs because your system is out of date.
An outdated system can have specific bugs and glitches present, and if you would like to make sure that your PC is running smoothly, you would like to keep your system up so far.
For the foremost part, Windows 10 automatically installs the missing updates, but sometimes you would possibly miss an update or two.
2. Remove any third-party antivirus software
Windows Defender doesn’t work well with third-party antivirus tools, and if you’re getting Windows Defender error code 0x80070015, the cause could be your antivirus software.
If you’re using another tool alongside Windows Defender, it’s advised that you disable it or uninstall it.
After doing that, the matter should be resolved entirely. But, of course, if you’re not pleased with Windows Defender, you’ll always switch to different antivirus software.
Suppose you would like a reliable antivirus that won’t cause any issues on your system. In that case, we strongly suggest that you choose one with advanced AI and machine learning capabilities just like the one mentioned above.
3. Uncheck the drives that aren’t present within the Custom Scan
Some users reported that there’s a particular bug with Custom Scan. Consistent with them, if they select an empty drive or USB flash, the Defender crash.
Therefore, what you would like to try to ignore or uncheck those drives. Then, the Custom Scan should work without a problem.
4. Reset Windows Update services
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu.
- From the list of results, choose prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
- When prompt opens, run the subsequent commands:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C: WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
According to users, Windows Update services can sometimes interfere with your system and cause Windows Defender error 0x80070015 to seem.
If you’ve got that problem, it’s advised that you reset Windows Update services. After running these commands, Windows Update services will be reset, so the issue should be fixed.
5. Rename CBS.Log file
1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the following directory:
2. Locate the CBS.Log file and rename it to anything.
According to users, sometimes Windows update error 0x80070015 message can appear thanks to problems with the CBS.Log file.
To fix this problem, you would like to seek out and rename the CBS.Log file. After doing that, check if the matter is resolved.
However, some stated that they’re unable to rename this file. Your services often cause this, and to repair this issue. You only got to do the following:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc.
- Then, press Enter or click OK.
- When the Services window opens, locate the Windows Modules Installer service and double-click it.
- Set the Startup type to Manual and click on Apply and OK to save changes.
- After doing that, restart your PC.
- Once your PC restarts, attempt to rename the CBS.Log file once more.
- Once you successfully rename the file, change the Startup sort of the Windows Modules Installer service to its default value.
6. Create a replacement user account
- Open the Settings app and navigate to the Accounts section.
- Select Family & people from the menu on the left.
- Now click the Add somebody else to the present PC button.
- Choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Go to Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the specified username for the new account and click on Next.
If you’re getting Windows Defender error 0x80070015 on your PC, the matter could be your user account because it can cause this issue, and repairing it, you would like to make a replacement one.
Once you create a replacement user account, switch to it and check if that solves your problem. If the difficulty doesn’t appear on the new version, move your personal files to it and begin using it rather than your old account.
7. Repair your system files
1. Open prompt as administrator.
2. When prompt starts, type the subsequent and press Enter:
3. The SFC scan will start. It can take about a quarter-hour, so don’t interfere with it.
In some cases, a corrupted Windows installation can cause Windows Defender error 0x80070015 error to seem. However, you’ll fix this problem just by performing an SFC scan.
In some cases, an SFC scan won’t be ready to fix the matter. If that happens, you would like to run a DISM scan by doing the following:
- Start promptly as administrator.
- Now enter the subsequent command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
3. DISM scan will now start. This scan can take about 20 minutes, so make sure not to interrupt it.
Once you complete the DISM scan, check once more if the difficulty remains there. If the matter remains there, or if you weren’t ready to run an SFC scan before, make sure to repeat it now.
8. Perform a System Restore
- Press Windows Key + S and enter system restore.
- Choose to Create a restore point option from the menu.
- When the System Properties window opens, click the System Restore button.
- System Restore will now start. Click the following button.
- If available, check the Show more restore points option.
- Select the specified restore point and click on Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the method.
If this error started appearing recently, it’s possible that a recent update or the other change to your system caused it. to repair the matter, it’s advised to perform a System Restore.
You might want to keep your system safe and error-free. If the Windows Defender has all of those problems, perhaps it’s time to see this great list with the most straightforward antivirus tool with a lifetime license.
- Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 – Error 0x80070015
The troubleshooting problem is windows couldn’t automatically detect this network’s proxy settings. I want help. Am I unsure of the way to fix it?
2. How to fix error 0x80070015
when attempting to update the WhatsApp desktop, it prevented me from downloading any updates. I acknowledged the newest windows update and tried to use Windows Update to update, but I got the result shown within the image. Ive tried looking around on the web for fixes and have tried all of them, and it hasn’t worked. I even deleted all my antivirus software, used the set bat to undertake and reset the Update, and used Powershell with the commands to reset the Update.
3. Error 0x80070015 in Windows 10 Version 1803
These are the Errors
There were more, but I took care of them
Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 – Error 0x80070015
4. How to fix Windows update error 0x80070015!!!
I tried everything, but it still doesn’t work.
5. Windows Update Error: 0X80070015 how am I able to fix this?
I get an error once I attempt to update windows 0x80070015