There is a lot of buzz about the ASUS ZenFone 8, and for a good reason. It was a great phone, and we loved it so much that we dubbed it “the small phone to beat in 2021”. The ASUS ZenFone 8 offers a premium experience in a compact size. The phone has had several software updates since its launch. These have addressed some of our bugs and extended VoLTE compatibility to other carriers. ASUS has now released a new update to the phone. This includes a “tap-to-show” always-on display feature, improved thermal performance, and VoLTE support for even more carriers.
The latest ZenFone 8 update includes camera improvements and calls quality and improved pocket mode thresholds and detections, thermals for phones and cameras, and many other features. Below is the complete changelog for ASUS ZenFone 8 8.
- Stability of the optimized system
- Improved detection and threshold for Pocket mode
- Phone call quality optimized
- Camera quality improved
- Added AOD “Tap to Show” function
- ASUS Camera: Improved Thermals
- During suspend, thermals were improved for phone calls
- Enabled VoLTE and VoWiFi on Vodafone (Netherlands),
- VoLTE and VoWiFi enabled on Deutsche Telekom Hungary
- Vodafone Ireland has enabled VoLTE
- Enabled VoWiFi (Russia)
- Updated Android security patch to version 2021-05-05
ASUS also updated the Android security patch level from May 2021 to May 2021 (a little outdated, admittedly). ASUS claims that it is rolling out these OTAs in batches, so it may take some time before the update reaches your device. To manually verify for updates, you can go to Settings > System > Updates. ASUS has provided updates for ZenFone 8, and there is an Android 12 beta available.
It is worth noting that ASUS ZenFone 8 has recently reached the US market and is now heading to India.