Here we can see, “6 Ways to Fix Duckduckgo When It’s Not Working in Your Browser”
- DuckDuckGo may not function properly in Chrome owing to antivirus software or firewall settings.
- You might need to reset your browser settings in order to resolve the issue because it is also tied to those.
- Make sure to properly clean your cache because it frequently causes these issues.
Although there are several excellent search engines accessible, Google is, without a doubt, the most popular one. Even though it is so well-liked, it is not the most private.
The search engine continuously gathers your information to improve your search results. Still, it also sells that information to marketers, which annoys many users.
Many users switched to different search engines, offering comparable results while fully respecting privacy.
The transfer isn’t always seamless, though, and many users have complained that DuckDuckGo isn’t functioning on Chrome. Today we’re going to teach you how to quickly resolve this problem.
Why has DuckDuckGo stopped working?
First, a problem with DuckDuckGo’s system is likely interfering with the correct operation of its servers. Additionally, there’s a chance that the search engine will clash with information that is cached in your browser or the DNS server.
Your antivirus program or the Windows Firewall may also be to blame for the issue, as both have the potential to interfere with DuckDuckGo’s functionality.
What other browsers can I use with DuckDuckGo?
You can use the website with whichever web browser you choose if you’re having trouble accessing it on Chrome. Since the search engine is almost universally optimized, using it shouldn’t be a problem.
How do I fix DuckDuckGo if it’s not working?
1. Check if DuckDuckGo is down
If DuckDuckGo is not functioning in Firefox, Chrome, or Edge, their servers are most likely down. Open the DuckDuckGo DownDetector webpage to verify this.
If there is a widespread outage, the website will alert you. If so, you might need to wait a day or two before utilizing the search engine once more.
2. Clear Chrome’s browser data
- To launch the browser, click Windows, then type Chrome and click the first result.
- By pressing the following shortcut, you can access the Clear browsing data menu: Select All time as the time range by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Delete.
- Select the options for Cached images, files, Cookies, and other site data.
- Click Clear Data to finish. This is an additional helpful method for fixing DuckDuckGo if it isn’t working.
3. Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
- By tapping the Windows key, launch the search tool, and type “firewall” into the search text field. For Windows Defender Firewall, click.
- To access those choices, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Turning down Windows Defender Firewall for both public and private networks should be selected.
- To confirm your selection, click the OK button.
- Try opening DuckDuckGo in Google Chrome after that with the firewall off.
If using this approach resolved the problem, the connection may be being blocked by a firewall rule. If you turn the firewall back on, you must remove that rule.
4. Disable any third-party antivirus software
- In the Windows Taskbar, right-click the antivirus icon and choose Disable for 10 minutes. For Avast, choose Avast shields control, then click Disable for 10 minutes.
- The procedures for turning off your antivirus should be the same regardless of the anti-virus program you use.
DuckDuckGo can potentially be blocked by third-party firewalls and antivirus programmes. As a workaround, turn off any security software.
5. Reset Google Chrome
- Resetting Turning off all of Google Chrome’s extensions may resolve the DuckDuckGo page not loading issue. Users can reset the browser by selecting Settings from the three-dot menu after clicking.
- Select Reset and clean up from the option on the left.
- Click the Restore settings to their defaults option after that.
- Click Reset settings to finish. The issue with DuckDuckGo not functioning in Safari or with Tor will be fixed.
6. Flush the DNS cache
- Once Search is open, enter cmd and choose Command Prompt.
- Input the command as follows:
- Enter will clear the DNS cache.
The phrase “DNS cache” refers to the temporary caching of data about previous DNS record lookups on a computer’s operating system or web browser.
If you maintain one, your operating system or browser will be able to quickly obtain a local copy of a DNS lookup, making it much easier to resolve a website’s URL to its corresponding IP address.
Both the DuckDuckGo video not working and the DuckDuckGo not working with VPN issues may be resolved quickly and effectively by flushing the DNS cache.
What browser does DuckDuckGo recommend?
In addition to changing your browser’s default search engine, DuckDuckGo Search offers additional privacy advantages like the ability to disable trackers, connect to websites using encrypted connections (where available), and receive privacy ratings for each website you visit.
They recommend utilizing Firefox and Safari for performing searches with their search engine. This does not, however, prohibit us from using a different browser that we think better suits our requirements.
How popular is DuckDuckGo?
DuckDuckGo is now far behind Google in terms of popularity, ranking as the tenth most used search engine worldwide.
However, the total number of searches has continuously increased over time, and the website now processes over 98 million daily searches.
Although that doesn’t compare to Google, we’re confident that DuckDuckGo’s popularity will grow steadily over time.
Is DuckDuckGo better than Google?
In that case, DuckDuckGo is superior to Google if privacy is your main priority. The latter record your search history and employs a variety of trackers to follow you across other websites.
A further benefit results filtering, which ensures that even if other search engines remove some results, you may still find them on DuckDuckGo.
Is DuckDuckGo better than a VPN?
This search engine safeguards your privacy but doesn’t operate similarly to a VPN and won’t mask your IP address. This implies that the websites you visit will still be visible to your ISP.
DuckDuckGo doesn’t monitor you or sell your information to marketers while you browse the web in private, thus it doesn’t provide any added security.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How should I utilize DuckDuckGo with my browser?
DuckDuckGo also provides a Chrome extension, an iOS, and Android privacy browser app, and a private search engine in addition to its private search engine. You can do your searches on duckduckgo.com instead of downloading the app or extension.
2. Why is DuckDuckGo in trouble?
DuckDuckGo never keeps track of your search history and never forces you to switch to a new version of its program. Wherever possible, DuckDuckGo searches also connect you to websites’ encrypted versions, making it more difficult for others to see what you’re seeing online.
3. How can DuckDuckGo be unblocked?
Select the icon for DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials on your toolbar. Switch off Site Privacy Protection. You can manage your list of Unprotected Sites at any moment from Settings, and the page will now be added to it.
4. If you were having problems with DuckDuckGo not showing
If you were having problems with DuckDuckGo not showing image results, or youtube embed links not showing, or websites not redirecting properly, delete Clean Links from firefox
5. Anyone have this issue before and know the fix? Duckduckgo
Anyone have this issue before and know the fix? Duckduckgo, google and outlook all have this problem. It just started happening all at the same time. Next step for me is to do a factory reset. Phone is Galaxy S20 FE from samsunggalaxy