Here we can see, “How to: Fix Driver Pnp Watchdog Error for Good”
Driver PNP Watchdog errors have been reported by Windows users while updating their operating systems. The update starts as the user updates their Windows 10 OS; however, it freezes and displays the BSoD with the Driver PNP Watchdog error.
Malware or viruses, corrupted PC registries, out-of-date drivers, bad hard drives, and other factors are some of the causes of this error.
You might not be able to apply crucial updates if you struggle with the Driver PNP Watchdog problem. However, Windows Report will demonstrate several solutions for the Driver PNP Watchdog issue.
Fix: Driver PNP Watchdog error
1. Repair PC Registry
A broken Windows registry can result from corrupted system files, which can happen for several reasons. However, a bloated Windows registry may occasionally result in a Driver PNP Watchdog error.
As a result, you need to use System File Checker to fix your Windows registry (SFC). The System File Checker utility application verifies the accuracy of all system files and, when practical, corrects problematic files.
Performing an SFC scan on Windows 10 is as follows:
- Search for cmd in the Start menu, right-click Command Prompt, and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type the sfc /scannow command at this time.
- Restarting your computer after the scanning procedure is finished is recommended. On reboot, all damaged files will be replaced.
You can use DISM in addition to conducting SFC Scan to resolve the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issue. A tool called Deployment Image Servicing and Management is used to check for and fix problems with corrupted system files.
How to run DISM in Windows is as follows:
- Run Command Prompt by pressing Windows key + X. (Admin).
- The following command should be copied and pasted into the command line:
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- If the DISM cannot download files from the internet, try using your installation USB or DVD. Insert the desired media and enter the command:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess
- Make sure to change the DVD or USB’s “C:RepairSourceWindows” path.
2. Run Automatic Repair
Additionally, you can resolve the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD by automatic repair. You might need to utilize a Windows bootable installation DVD to accomplish this.
What you should do is:
- Restart your computer after inserting the Windows bootable installation DVD.
- Press any key to boot from a CD or DVD when prompted to continue.
- Click “Next” after making your language choice selection.
- In the bottom-left corner, click Repair your machine.
- Select Troubleshoot from the “Choose an Option” screen, then select Automatic Repair from the Advanced menu. After that, watch for Windows Automatic to finish.
- Reboot your computer, then select Windows.
Use specialized software that automatically fixes the BSOD error for good if the problem still exists. It is safer to use such specialized software to prevent any PC issues.
3. Run CHKDSK
Some Windows 10 users have reported success with CHKDSK on their hard drives to resolve Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issues. You should clear up any unnecessary files and folders that are taking up disc space on your computer because they can also result in the Driver PNP Watchdog issue.
How to do it is as follows:
- Go to Start, type “command prompt,” and then choose “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
- Type CHKDSK C: /F now.
- Next, enter the command CHKDSK C: /R in the Command Prompt.
- Restart your computer after the CHKDSK process is complete.
Further solutions to get rid of Driver PNP Watchdog error
4: Run a full system scan
The Driver PNP Watchdog problem can be brought on by viruses and spyware; therefore you should search your Windows 10 computer for these threats and eliminate them.
You can use Windows Defender, a built-in antivirus program, or any other antivirus software to do a complete system scan.
We do advise using specialized software, though. This free program will examine your computer for malware and eliminate any instances of it that may be causing the Driver PNP Watchdog issue.
Please install the program after downloading it, then run the system scan. The software will detect any broken down or suspicious activity on your device, and it will be handled appropriately.
You can move on to the following remedy in the interim if you continue to encounter the Driver PNP Watchdog problem while executing Windows update.
5. Install Microsoft Hotfix
As reported by some Windows users, simply running the Microsoft Hotfix fixed the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD for many Windows users.
How to do it is as follows:
- Please visit Microsoft Support.
- Click the Hotfix Download Available menu button now.
- Follow the prompts to install the hotfix after downloading.
- Then restart your computer.
6. Run the Windows Updates troubleshooter
The Windows 10 OS has several troubleshooters to address various problems. We advise you to utilize Windows Update troubleshooter in the interim to address the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issue that occurs during Windows Update.
The troubleshooter can be used as follows:
- Access Start
- Put the word “Troubleshooting” in the search bar without the quotes.
- To troubleshoot, click.
- Click See everything on the left pane
- The Windows Update option
- After starting Windows Update Troubleshooter by clicking Next, adhere to the on-screen directions.
After using the Windows Update troubleshooter and still being unable to resolve the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issue, you could want to reset your Windows 10 computer.
7. Update system drivers
System problems, particularly Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD faults, can be brought on by outdated system drivers. Additionally, since the Driver PNP Watchdog problem is linked to “driver,” you might need to update all of your system’s drivers independently of Windows Update. This is due to a BSOD issue with Driver PNP Watchdog that occurs while performing Windows Update.
To make a lengthy tale short, you must upgrade your outdated system drivers using third-party software. We highly advise using a dedicated driver updater tool to automatically download all the out-of-date drivers on your PC. Making use of such a tool saves time and is safer.
8. Reset this PC
This advanced recovery method returns your computer to its original settings. This is how to restart your Windows 10 computer:
- 3 hard power-offs of your computer are necessary to bring up the Advanced Recovery environment.
- Select Advanced choices.
- Select Troubleshoot after that.
- Click Reset this PC as a result.
- You can decide whether to keep or remove your files and applications.
- To continue, click Reset.
9. Rerun Windows Update
There are cases where the background process producing the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issue stops or interferes with the Windows Update process.
As a result, we advise that you rerun the Windows update. To accomplish this, restart your computer after receiving the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD problem and ensure it is powered on continuously before running Windows Update.
To run the Windows update, adhere to the following steps:
- Launch Settings by typing “settings” into the Start menu.
- Navigate to Update & Security.
- Check for updates and install any that are available in the Windows Update window.
- Restart your Windows computer after the update is finished.
Finally, all of the techniques we discussed above may be able to resolve the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issue. So, if you have any inquiries about the solutions we provided above.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Driver PNP watchdog: what is it?
The DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG BSOD error may be brought on by faulty or out-of-date system drivers. Device Manager is an effective tool that displays a yellow cautionary notice for corrupt or out-of-date system drivers. All such out-of-date drivers need to be updated.
2. What is the fatal error PNP detected?
When Windows boots, the PNP Detected Fatal Error appears along with the warning “Your Device Run into a Problem and Needs to Restart.” This mistake, often known as BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), can result from corrupted drivers and broken hardware.
3. Why do watchdog errors occur?
A typical problem with the Windows operating system is DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC Watchdog Violation). It happened for various reasons, including unsupported SSD firmware, an outdated SSD driver version, hardware compatibility problems, or corrupt system files.
4. Driver pnp watchdog BSOD when upgrading to Windows 11
Driver pnp watchdog BSOD when upgrading to Windows 11 from pcmasterrace
5. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG black screen Windows 11 – Reddit
DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG black screen Windows 11 from windowsinsiders