Here we can see, “FIX: CyberGhost VPN service not reachable”
- The CyberGhost VPN service not reachable problem may appear to be much more severe than it is.
- This problem is frequently resolved by restarting the VPN client or doing nothing.
- If restarting CyberGhost VPN doesn’t work, try some of the other solutions we’ve listed.
- Finally, if nothing else works, you may need to switch to a different VPN service.
The problem CyberGhost VPN service is not reachable is what we refer to as a showstopper.
There’s also no forewarning. You wake up one day, and CyberGhost VPN is just standing there, refusing to let you use its service.
For many people, not having a VPN isn’t a significant deal. Still, those that care about their online privacy and security are severely harmed by this problem.
You shouldn’t be concerned, though. This mistake isn’t nearly as grave as it appears.
In fact, many people claim that a simple restart fixed their problem, so you might be one of the lucky ones.
We’ll walk you through the most typical methods for quickly resolving the CyberGhost VPN service not reachable error.
How can I fix CyberGhost VPN service not reachable?
1. Try a different server
CyberGhost VPN’s servers can become overloaded at times.
As a result, you may encounter connectivity challenges, such as the service going down.
If that’s the case, consider yourself fortunate.
Simply connecting to another VPN server should get you up and running in no time.
If it doesn’t work, log out of your VPN client account, close the CyberGhost VPN program, reopen it, and log in again.
Now connect to a different server, and everything should be OK.
2. Switch protocols
It’s not precisely top-secret information that various protocols may perform better than others occasionally.
Change the setting in your CyberGhost VPN client to automatically choose its own protocol.
Go to the Connection category on the CyberGhost VPN settings screen.
Choose a different VPN protocol from the dropdown menu and see if it makes a difference.
If the CyberGhost VPN service is still unavailable, try changing the Use TCP instead of the UDP setting.
Is there still nothing? Disable the possibility to connect to a random port.
If the problem was caused by a stubborn protocol/port combination, we’re convinced that this would have fixed it.
3. Reinstall CyberGhost VPN
This approach is straightforward; you have to delete CyberGhost VPN and reinstall it from fresh.
You must, however, ensure that the TAP adapter driver for CyberGhost VPN is also uninstalled throughout the procedure.
- Right-click your Start Menu to bring up the context menu.
- Choose Device Manager.
- Increase the size of the Network Adapters category.
- Right-click the TAP adapter driver and select Properties (provided you only have one VPN installed on your PC)
- Uninstall the device is the option to choose.
- Restart your computer.
After your computer has recovered, go ahead and download the most recent version of CyberGhost VPN. Install it now.
Log in to your account after the setup procedure is completed to see if the problem has been resolved.
You should also try running CyberGhost VPN as an administrator. You know, just in case.
4. Flush your DNS
- Start CMD with Administrator privileges.
- Type the following commands one at a time, pressing Enter after each one:
netsh winsock reset
- Restart your computer.
Launch CyberGhost VPN after your PC has completed its boot routine to see if it is still inaccessible.
Cached data may wreak havoc on your internet connection, and your VPN is no different.
Flushing your DNS and refreshing your Winsock should solve the problem in no time.
5. Check your firewall/antivirus
Continue reading if you’ve recently installed CyberGhost VPN and recall skipping several permission-related dialogs from your security program.
When you’re ready to start an Internet-enabled program for the first time, your Windows Firewall usually detects it and asks you what to do.
Depending on your security settings, closing the window or clicking the Cancel button may result in additional restrictions.
As a result, make sure your firewall isn’t actively preventing CyberGhost VPN from accessing the Internet.
You should check your antivirus after you’ve confirmed that your firewall isn’t blocking CyberGhost VPN. You know, just in case.
6. Use another VPN
- Invest on a new VPN subscription.
- Install the VPN software.
- Download and install the latest VPN client on your computer.
- Log in to your account using the VPN client.
- Select a server and establish a connection with it.
If nothing seems to work, it may be time to split the company with your existing VPN and switch to a different one.
Private Internet Access, for example, is another excellent product from Kape Technologies that offers excellent security and privacy.
Furthermore, it has over 22,000 servers (and counting), from which you may easily swap if your current one fails.
Check out PIA’s main features:
- Over 22,000 high-capacity servers
- Policy of no logging
- Ads and malware domains are blocked by the PIA MACE function.
- Encryption of 256 bits, as used by the military
- VPN kill switch built-in
- Unblocks a variety of geo-restricted services.
- DNS with a private key
7. Other suggestions
- Restart your computer, router, and/or modem if necessary.
- Install your Windows 10 operating system from scratch.
- Inquire with CyberGhost VPN’s customer service about the problem.
- Drivers for your system need to be updated (especially network drivers)
- Make use of a network adapter that is external.
- Your network card should be upgraded.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why isn’t CyberGhost VPN working for me?
Log out and back into your account in the application. Re-enter your username and password. Disable any antivirus/firewall software or other potentially interfering apps for the time being. They can sometimes cause VPN connections to fail.
2. Why is CyberGhost preventing me from accessing the internet?
Certain programs that access your device’s network may interfere with CyberGhost’s VPN connection. A firewall, antivirus, or anti-spyware program may be blocking your VPN connection. Remove any security or parental controls that your router may have.
3. Why is CyberGhost always disconnecting?
This occurs because ping packets on the way between your device and the server are either lost or blocked. It’s possible that these packets are being filtered by a software or hardware router or that packet loss is caused by an inconsistent Internet connection.
4. Cyberghost not working with windows 10 : r/VPN – Reddit
5. I have problems with connecting to the internet and the deep