Here we can see, “My Cpu Fan Is Not Spinning: 4 Quick Ways to Fix It”
- Your PC may boot fine in some cases, but if the CPU fan is not working, your processor may overheat.
- Dust in the fan or motherboard troubles, as mentioned below, could be the cause.
- The first thing you may do is clean the fan, but this is something you should leave to the specialists.
- Continue reading for helpful solutions if the issues are more significant and require hardware replacement.
We can assist you if you’re having trouble with your processor fan, such as when your computer starts fine, but the CPU fan does not.
Your computer may abruptly stop working after it has booted up due to a malfunctioning processor fan. As you can see, this is a significant problem that you must solve as soon as possible.
Your CPU fan may not be spinning properly for one of three reasons:
- The fan is clogged with dust.
- Cables may become stuck in the fan.
- The fan does not receive enough energy to spin.
Getting rid of these factors may allow your CPU fan to restart.
What can I do if the fan on my CPU isn’t working?
1. Turn on your computer
Restarting your computer, as simple as it sounds, maybe the solution to your problem. Even minute particles could cause the fan to become stuck, and the impulse could bring it back to life.
2. Make sure your fan is clean
Suppose you’ve never cleaned a fan before. As this is an exact task, seek the assistance of a specialist.
If you don’t know how to perform it correctly, you risk causing irreversible damage to your CPU and computer. The expert will also inspect the fan for any cables that are blocking it from spinning.
3. Have your power supply unit repaired or replaced
As you may have anticipated, your fan will stop spinning if your power supply fails. So, before you go out and buy a new motherboard or CPU, check your power supply.
This technique usually works if your computer is already beeping or shutting down unexpectedly, as this is a clear symptom of a power supply problem.
Always remember to seek professional assistance while attempting to resolve such difficulties because they are more difficult to resolve.
4. Replace your motherboard and fan
If nothing else works, you should think about changing your fan. This does not solve the problem, the motherboard must be replaced.
If you’ve never replaced your CPU or motherboard before, always get professional assistance because this is not a straightforward procedure.
5. Flash or reset your BIOS
- Turn off your computer.
- To enter BIOS setup, hit the power button and immediately press F2.
- To reset your BIOS, look for the Load BIOS Defaults option on the BIOS screen (typically F9).
- Select Save and Exit by pressing Esc or F10, then Enter.
- Your computer will reboot. Check to see if the fan is working properly again.
Because your BIOS controls the fan, resetting it may be necessary. Resting it will eliminate any potential issues and restore your fan’s functionality.
Remove all power cords and the CMOS battery to perform a hard reset of the BIOS. After that, press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds.
We hope this article was helpful and that your CPU fan is working properly again.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Is it possible to repair the CPU fan?
Turn off your computer. To begin BIOS setup, hit the power button and immediately press F2. To reset your BIOS, press F9 (or the load defaults button on the BIOS screen). Select “save and exit” by pressing Esc or F10. Allow your system to restart after pressing Enter, and then check to see if the fan now works.
2. What happens if the CPU fan fails?
If a CPU fan fails, the processor will most likely overheat. Due to overheating, it may turn off your computer while it is working! What happens if the CPU fan stops working? Originally Answered: Your CPU will overheat and shut down in order to prevent further harm.
3. When it comes to CPU fans, how quickly should they spin?
RPMs for CPU fans typically vary from 3,500 to 4,000.
4. CPU fan not spinning : r/buildapc – Reddit
5. [Trouble Shoot] cpu fan is not spinning fast : r/buildapc – Reddit