Here we can see, “Counter Strike: Global Offensive Issues on Windows 10”
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is now the most popular first-person shooter on PC however, it appears that specific Windows 10 users are experiencing troubles with the game, so we’ll address some of those concerns today.
FPS decreases, game not loading, crashes, and game freezing have all been reported by users.
If you are a dedicated Counter-Strike player, these issues can derail your enjoyment of the game, but fortunately, we now have some remedies that may be of assistance.
Ensure you have the most recent display drivers, and Windows Updates installed before we begin.
How can I resolve issues with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Windows 10?
Solution 1: Make sure Compatibility mode is turned off
Compatibility mode has been reported to cause issues with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Windows 10 thus it’s best to disable it. To disable Compatibility Mode, perform the following steps:
- Locate csgo.exe in the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive installation directory. SteamAppscommonCounter-Strike Global Offensive should be the default installation directory.
- Locate csgo.exe and right-click it. Select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Uncheck Run as Administrator and Compatibility mode on the Compatibility tab.
- To save the changes, click Apply and OK.
- Restart the game to see whether the problems have been fixed.
Solution 2 – Delete csgo.exe and add cl_disablehtmlmotd 1 launch option
- Locate csgo.exe in the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive folder and delete it.
- Now go to your Steam Library to see what’s new.
- Right-click on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to open it.
- Select your desired properties.
- Navigate to the Local tab in the Properties window.
- Verify the integrity of the Game Cache under the Local tab.
- When the process is finished, locate csgo.exe in the CS:GO installation directory once more.
- All of the steps from Solution 1 should be repeated. Also, make sure that everything in the csgo.exe Compatibility Tab is unchecked.
- Return to your Steam Library and select Properties from the right-click menu for CS:GO.
- Select Set launch choices from the drop-down menu.
- Enter -cl disablehtmlmotd 1 in a new window.
- Start the game after saving your adjustments.
Solution 3: Make sure your drivers are up to current
Outdated drivers can also cause low FPS troubles. Try updating your drivers if the game cannot access and use your computer’s resources.
You can either use the ‘Check for updates’ button as described above or go to Device Manager and manually install the newest driver updates.
Use third-party software to update your computer drivers if you’re seeking for a faster solution.
Solution 4: Use -autoconfig Launch option
If you’re having trouble starting CS:GO due to a black screen, consider the following solution:
- Locate Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in your Steam library.
- Choose Properties from the context menu when you right-click it.
- Enter -autoconfig in the Launch options box.
- Start the game after saving your adjustments.
Solution 5: Rename the cfg folder
If Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is crashing and you’re getting an error message saying csgo.exe has ceased working, try the following:
- Go to the Counter-Strike Global Offensivecsgocfg directory in Steamsteamappscommon. Move the cfg directory to a different location, such as your Desktop.
- Restart the game if necessary.
Furthermore, other people have reported a similar solution:
- Go to the Counter-Strike Global Offensivecsgocfg folder in Steamsteamappscommon.
- Locate the valve.rc file in the cfg folder and relocate or remove it.
- Restart the game if necessary.
We should point you that this method resets your game settings to default, so make sure you alter your options when you first start the game.
Solution 6: Change fastprox.dll to fastprox.dllold
After starting Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Windows 10, users have complained that the game shuts immediately.
The best solution for this problem, according to users, is to upgrade your Nvidia display drivers to the current version, but if the problem persists, try the following:
To begin, display file extensions. To make this option available, do the following:
- Select the View tab, then Options in File Explorer.
- Go to View in the Folder Options window.
- Make sure Hide extensions for known file types is unchecked.
You may now see the file extensions and continue.
- Go to Windowssyswow64wbem
- Find and rename fastprox.dll to fastprox.dllold.
If you are unable to access the webm folder or rename the file, you may need to take ownership of the file or folder. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Right-click the folder or file that you can’t access and select Properties. Select your desired properties.
- Click Edit on the Security tab.
- Select your username or group from the Group or user names list.
- Check Full Control in the list below.
- After you’ve saved your adjustments, you should have full access to the file or folder.
Solution 7: Update your operating system and games
As you may be aware, all of the games you play on your Windows 10 computer rely on the stability of your operating system to function properly. If you don’t update your computer regularly, you may have problems with apps, software, and games.
Even though Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was released six years ago, the game continues to receive updates that provide stability and bug patches.
As a result, ensure sure you have the most recent Windows 10 and CS:GO updates installed.
On Windows 10, navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click the ‘Check for updates’ option to check for updates.
Solution 8: Turn off the Game DVR
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update and all subsequent OS upgrades on CS: GO caused substantial FPS difficulties. Fortunately, the problem’s root cause has been recognized, and you can swiftly resolve it:
- Open the Xbox app.
- Go to your Microsoft Account and sign in.
- Select Game DVR from the Settings menu.
- Turn off the DVR. Relaunch Counter-Strike.
Solution 9: Double-check your game files
If you’re using Steam to play CS:GO, you should double-check the game files for any corrupted or missing files.
- Start Steam on your Windows PC after it has been restarted.
- Right-click on CS:GO in the Library area and select Properties.
- To verify the integrity of game files, go to the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files button.
- Wait a few minutes for Steam to verify the game’s files.
- Start the game once more.
On Windows 10, how can I fix the CS:GO Black Screen and Stopped Working error?
A video instruction on fixing these CS:GO problems on Windows 10 can be found here. The next video covers GPU and game settings that you can adjust to ensure that you can play the game without any problems.
That’s it; we hope the answers in this post helped resolve the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive issues that were limiting your gameplay experience.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Is CS:GO compatible with Windows 10?
Despite the fact that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was released six years ago, the game continues to receive updates that provide stability and bug patches. As a result, ensure sure you have the most recent Windows 10 and CS:GO updates installed.
2. Why does Counter-Strike: Global Offensive constantly crashing Windows 10?
One of the most prevalent reasons of these problems is compatibility mode. Simply turn it off to avoid this. It’s in the installation directory of the game. When you’ve located csgo.exe, right-click it and select properties, then select the compatibility tab.
3. Is CS 1.6 compatible with Windows 10?
I still play CS 1.6 with my friends, and I’ve been using Win10 since its release and haven’t had any problems. It was all well and good until the Fall Creators Update (FCU from now on), because CS1. 6 is all about quick tap-firing.
4. Bad performance in CS:GO after upgrading to Windows 10
Bad performance in CS:GO after upgrading to Windows 10 from counterstrike
5. CSGO Stutter – Windows 10 [Need Help] : r/GlobalOffensive