Here we can see, “War Thunder Packet Loss: What Is It and How to Fix It?”
- War Thunder is a cross-platform, free-to-play military MMO game. It has a large following and is one of the most popular games on Steam.
- While playing War Thunder, you may experience undesirable effects like as excessive ping/latency, jitter, and packet loss.
War Thunder is a cross-platform, free-to-play military MMO game. It has a large following and is one of the most popular games on Steam. You can fly fighter jets, drive tanks, and wreck havoc on your foes.
The fact that this game is completely free to play adds to its attraction for players worldwide. As a result, it’s simple to see why it’s so popular and why the game servers can become overcrowded at times.
As a result, undesirable phenomena such as high ping/latency, jitter, and packet loss may occur. In most cases, you won’t be able to see the difference, but take our word for it: packet loss is one of the most frustrating aspects of live-action games.
What is packet loss?
To put it another way, when you send or receive data via the internet, part of the packets may never arrive at their intended destination. This is referred to as packet loss. Packet loss now comes in two flavours:
- Outbound packet loss – affects data flow that goes from your PC toward the destination servers
- Inbound packet loss – traffic that comes from the destination server toward your PC
Whenever this occurs, you may see some very recognizable yet irritating behavior. Namely:
- High latency/ping
- Connection timeouts
If you’re still not sure what we’re talking about, consider this scenario: you’re shooting at an enemy vehicle, but it doesn’t appear to be taking any damage. The vehicle vanishes from view, and you’ve missed your opportunity to pulverize it.
What causes packet loss War Thunder?
There are various reasons why you can experience packet loss in War Thunder. For example, if you have an old, chewed-up, flaky Ethernet cable between you and your router, you might leak packets.
If your network has many users, you may face network congestion. As a result, packet loss occurs.
The good news is that packet loss is seldom due to your actions. If you’ve never had this problem before, the chances are minimal that you’re the one who started it. As a result, network congestion remains our primary suspicion in this scenario.
HOWEVER, your ISP may reduce your bandwidth to save money. Alternatively, the War Thunder server could be severely harmed by all of the concurrent connections. All of these things could be the source of your packet loss.
War Thunder packet loss fix
1. Use a VPN
- Download a trusted VPN for your PC
- It should be installed.
- Start it up and sign in to your account.
- Choose a server and connect to it.
- Check if you’re still leaking packets by launching War Thunder.
However, it’s important to note that using a VPN won’t always be effective. The packet leak must occur on your ISP’s connection side for this remedy to function. Using a VPN will not work if you or the game server leak packets.
2. Troubleshoot your connection manually
- Run a comprehensive ping/packet loss test using our packet loss guide.
- Find the hops that cause the ping spikes.
- Take appropriate action based on your findings.
The following places may experience excessive ping/packet leaks:
- Your personal network
- The network of the ISP
- War Thunder game servers from the network distribution business
As a result, you can attempt one of the following solutions to solve packet loss in War Thunder:
- Examine your network’s gadgets to see if they’re working properly (cables, PCs, routers)
- Inform your Internet Service Provider (ISP) about the problem.
- Request that your Internet service provider speaks with the network distribution firm.
- If the problem is on their end, contact the War Thunder support team.
War Thunder packet loss can be fixed
When everything is said and done, fixing packet loss in War Thunder isn’t difficult if you know where to start and what packet loss is. There are numerous causes for packet leakage and, as a result, numerous potential solutions.
Remember, though, that packet loss is cyclical, and the best method to deal with it is to wait it out. You can step in and attempt some of our suggested fixes if you see a pattern or the problem doesn’t go away after a while.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What is the best way to fix packet loss in War Thunder?
- Use a virtual private network (VPN). Install Private Internet Access on your computer. It should be installed. Start it up and log in to your account.
- Manually troubleshoot your connection. Run a comprehensive ping/packet loss test using our packet loss guide. Find the hops that cause the ping to rise.
2. How can I stop losing game packets?
- Check for Software Updates… Examine Physical Connections.
- Upgrade your computer’s hardware
- Examine your Wi-Fi connection.
- Congestion of Bandwidth is a problem that needs to be addressed.
- Address any network security flaws or attacks.
3. What’s the deal with War Thunder being so sluggish?
An outdated or defective graphics driver could be causing the War Thunder low FPS issue. You should update your graphics driver regularly to ensure a smooth and best gaming experience.
4. Packet loss problem : r/Warthunder – Reddit
5. Packet loss : r/Warthunder – Reddit