Here we can see, “How to: Fix Joystick Not Working/recognized in Windows 10”
- When playing simulator games, joysticks are extremely useful, but if your system doesn’t detect them, you’ll have to resort to the keyboard and mouse combination.
- There are numerous reasons why this occurs, but the drivers are the most common culprits.
If you’re a gamer, you’ll need a nice joystick, but your computer may not detect it at times.
This can be a problem, forcing you to utilize a mouse and keyboard to play your favourite game. There is, however, a solution to this issue.
Pls help, I don’t know why but all of the sudden i can’t use my joystick anymore. i’ve tried plugging it into another pc,and it worked juz fine.and I also realize that i’m having the device descriptor request failed problem and i have no idea how to fix it.
What should I do if my USB joystick isn’t detected?
1. Update your drivers
- Get the most recent driver for your joystick from the manufacturer’s website.
- Choose Properties from the right-click menu of the setup file.
- Select Run this software in compatibility mode for from the Compatibility menu.
- From the drop-down option, choose the Windows version you want.
- Begin the installation process. After installing the necessary drivers, restart your computer to see if the problem has been resolved.
If you want to update all of your PC’s drivers with a single click, you can use a third-party solution like DriverFix to do it.
It is simple enough for even a toddler to use, but you must first download and install the tool. After you launch DriverFix, it will immediately begin searching for driver problems.
Allow it to do its task since it will display a list of suggested drivers for installation in a few minutes.
You can install all of them at once by checking the Select All box at the top of the screen, but you can also install them one by one by checking the relevant boxes on the left.
Of course, you must also click on the left-hand installation button.
2. Troubleshoot your device
- Go to the Troubleshooting section of the Control Panel.
- Select View All in the top right corner of your screen.
- To run the troubleshooter, select Hardware & Devices and then follow the directions on the screen on your PC.
3. Remove the duplicated devices
- Select Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button.
- Expand the Video and Game Controllers list and delete any duplicated devices.
- Remove any duplicate entries from the Universal Serial Bus Controllers list.
- Restart your computer after closing Device Manager.
4. Perform a Clean Boot
- As an administrator, log on to your computer.
- Type msconfig into the Run window.
- Then, on the System Configuration dialog box’s Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services and then Disable all.
- Open Task Manager from the System Configuration dialog box’s Startup tab.
- Disable each starting item by right-clicking it.
- Shut down Task Manager.
- Click OK in the System Configuration window’s Startup tab.
- If the problem still exists, restart your computer.
There you have a few basic and straightforward actions to take if your computer fails to identify the joystick.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why isn’t my Windows 10 joystick working?
Remove your device from the context menu by right-clicking it. Remove the gamepad’s connection. Allow Windows 10 to install drivers or proprietary drivers after reconnecting it. Double-check the joysticks.
2. What joysticks are compatible with Windows 10?
The Xbox Wireless Controller is immediately compatible with any Windows 10 or 11 PC as a wired controller, whether it came with the Xbox One or Xbox Series or you purchased it separately. Simply insert it into a USB port and start playing.
3. Is a joystick supported by Windows 10?
You must go to the Gaming Controllers Settings to install a game controller or calibrate your joystick. This tutorial will show you how to open Game Controllers Settings on Windows 10. Hit the Windows key and R to open the Run command, then type joy.
4. Xbox One Controller not working : r/Windows10 – Reddit
5. *PC* controller not working in game (help) : r/Eldenring – Reddit