Here we can see, “How to: Fix Operation on the Printer Is Required Error”
The majority of us print papers on a regular basis however, the message Operation on the printer is required can occasionally occur, preventing you from printing. This might be a frustrating situation, but there is a way to solve it on your computer.
The notice Operation on the printer is required will prohibit you from printing papers, but this isn’t the only printer issue you could face. Here are some of the most common printer difficulties that consumers have reported:
This is a typical printer issue, and we already covered a similar issue in our Printer that requires a user involvement error post, so be sure to check it out.
- The operation on a printer cannot be performed, or the printer is not supported – These are some frequent printing issues, and outdated drivers or your services usually cause them.
How can I fix the notification “operation on the printer is required”?
Solution 1: Verify that the Print Spooler service is up and operating
When you try to print a document and get an Operation on the printer is required notice, the problem could be with the Print Spooler service. This service is significant to your printer, and if it isn’t operating, you won’t be able to print anything at all.
To resolve the issue, you should manually start this service and ensure that it starts automatically with your PC. You can do so by taking the following steps:
- Enter msc by pressing Windows Key + R. Now hit Enter or OK to continue.
- Locate the Print Spooler service in the Services window and double-click it to view its properties.
- If it isn’t already operating, click the Start button to start the service. The Startup Type should be set to Automatic. To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
After you’ve made these adjustments, the service will always start with Windows, and you won’t have any printing problems.
Solution 2: Reinstall the printer driver
If you are constantly getting the notice “Operation on the printer is required” when you try to print, the issue could be with your drivers. You’ll need to reinstall your printer driver to fix this issue. This is an essential process that may be accomplished by following these steps:
- Right-click the Start button to bring up the Win + X menu. From the menu, select Device Manager.
- Locate and right-click your printer driver in Device Manager. From the menu, select Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall when the confirmation dialog displays. Check Remove driver software for this device if it’s available.
Restart your computer after removing the driver. The default driver will be installed after your PC restarts, and the problem should be rectified. If the default driver does not work, we recommend upgrading to the most recent version.
Simply go to the printer’s manufacturer’s website and download the most recent drivers for your specific model. Check if the problem persists after installing the most recent drivers.
If manually updating drivers seems too difficult, third-party solutions may be better. You can update your drivers automatically with only a few clicks if you use a dedicated program, so give it a shot. As a result, by obtaining and installing the incorrect driver versions, you will protect your machine from irreversible damage.
You also can repair corrupted drivers that could cause the PC to malfunction. Furthermore, if anything goes wrong with any driver, you can build a driver backup and resume where you left off.
As a result, take advantage of our driver solution’s practical automated assistance and optimize your operating system to its full potential.
Solution 3: Run the printer troubleshooter
If there is a problem with your printer, the notice Operation on the printer is required may display, according to users. Sometimes printer problems occur, and if this occurs, you may be able to resolve the issue by using the printer troubleshooter.
You may use Windows’ built-in troubleshooters to fix various issues automatically. You only need to do the following to resolve the printer issue:
- To access the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section of the Settings app after it has opened.
- From the left pane, choose Troubleshoot. Select Printer in the right pane and click Run the troubleshooter.
- To finish the troubleshooter, follow the directions on the screen.
Check if the problem persists after the troubleshooter has completed. If the problem persists, you might be able to resolve it by using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
Solution 4: Remove the printer keys from the computer
According to users, certain registry variables can become corrupted, resulting in the Operation on the printer being a required message. You may need to delete some registry values to remedy this. Before you may do that, you must first complete the following tasks:
- The Print Spooler should be stopped. Solution 1 will show you how to launch the Services window and how to manage your services.
- After you’ve disabled the service, remove all files from the C:\Windows\System32\SpoolPrinters directory.
- Replace C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86.
You must alter the registry after removing the files from these two directories. Follow these steps to do so:
- Enter regedit by pressing Windows Key + R. Now hit Enter or OK to continue.
- Navigate to the following path in the left pane when Registry Editor opens:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers\Version-x (typically Version-3 or Version-4) is the location for 64-bit systems.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-x (typically Version-3 or Version-4) is the location for 32-bit systems.
- Before we go any further, it’s a good idea to make a backup of your registry. Choose Export from the menu when you right-click the key you want to change, in this case, Version-3 or Version-4. Choose a location to save the file and give it a name. You may always use this file to restore the registry to its original value if something goes wrong after editing it.
- Delete all values in the right pane. You can delete each value by right-clicking it and selecting Delete from the menu.
- After you’ve deleted all of the values in the right pane, restart your computer and start the Print Spooler service again.
Check if the problem persists after your computer has restarted.
Solution 5: Make sure you have the most recent updates installed
If you keep obtaining the notice “Operation on the printer is required,” it’s possible that the issue is with your system. You may encounter some glitches and issues if your system is outdated. Microsoft is working hard to fix frequent defects, and the best way to avoid them is to keep up with the newest updates.
The missing updates are normally installed automatically by Windows 10, but you can check for updates manually by completing the following:
- Navigate to the Update & Security section of the Settings app.
- In the right pane, click the Check for Updates button.
- Windows will now look for available updates. If any updates are available, they will automatically be downloaded in the background.
- Check if the problem persists after installing the latest updates.
Solution 6: Restore the system
If the notice Operation on the printer is required persists, you may be able to resolve the issue by running a System Restore. In case you didn’t know, System Restore is a tool that allows you to restore your system to a previous state and numerous correct issues along the road. To do a System Restore, follow these steps:
Enter system restore by pressing Windows Key + S. Select Create a restore point from the list.
- A window called System Properties will pop up. Select System Restore.
- Click Next when the System Restore window appears.
- If the option to show more restore points is available, select it. Select a restoration point and then click Next.
- To finish the repair, follow the directions on the screen.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How do I get my HP printer to pay attention to me?
- If a USB cable is present, unplug it from the printer and PC.
- Go to Control Panel – Programs and Features – Uninstall all of the HP PSC printer entries.
- Your computer should be restarted.
- Now, go to this link (please select your operating system) and download and install the printer drivers.
2. How can you fix the issue 0x0000011b in Windows when you can’t connect to the printer?
The simplest and most effective solution is to uninstall the most recent Windows update. The most recent Windows update may be the source of the problem, in which case we must wait for the next update or a remedy. However, if you’re in a hurry, the best choice is to delete the most recent Windows update.
3. Why does it mention that the printer requires attention?
Summary. The “printer attention required” error is fairly common, and it usually happens when there is a problem with the configuration or the printer itself.
4. Has anyone figured out a fix for the printing issues caused
5. After patching on Windows Print Server , I am getting “Connect