Apple has released iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 114.7 Release Candidate for developers. This is iOS 14.7’s final release candidate, provided there are no problems with the software.
iOS 14.7 Release Candidate is available a week after beta. We expect the final version to be released next week.
Although the software includes some minor enhancements, it mostly fixes bugs and improves performance. Below is a list of the updates.
iOS 14.7 contains the following improvements and bug fixes to your iPhone:
- MagSafe Battery Pack Support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and iPhone 12 Pro Mini
- Apple Card Family gives you the ability to combine credit limits with one account shared by an Apple Card user.
- HomePod now has the Home app that allows you to manage timers
- Weather and Maps now include air quality information for Canada, France, and Italy.
- Podcasts library lets you choose whether to view all or just the most popular shows.
- Apple Music does not have a Share Playlist Menu option
- Dolby Atmos or Apple Music lossless audio playback could unexpectedly stop
- The battery service message may have vanished after a reboot of some iPhone 11 models has been restored
- Braille displays can show incorrect information when composing Mail messages.
We expect the final iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 114.7 versions to arrive next week. So this should be the last update for iOS 14 before the September launch of iOS 15.