Android Vehicle (or even Android for Automobile) could demonstrate the android auto communication error 8 because of an obsolete Android automobile app or obsolete Google Play Services program. Your apparatus’s incorrect time and date settings (auto unit and cellular phone) can also bring about the error 8 under debate.
The next message is thrown by Android Vehicle when a person joins his cellphone with the automobile’s head-up device or brings up Google Maps following a successful relationship.
This error 8 occurs randomly, and there’s not any established pattern if this error 8 can happen. Some users struck it on the first day, whereas many others struck it afterwards using the program for weeks or even years. This error 8 is documented by almost all makes and models of automobiles and Android phones.
Before plunging into more technical and detailed options, disconnect the USB cable out of the apparatus and turn off your mobile and automobile. Wait for two minutes and then put them down. Connect the USB cable to check whether the program is apparent of this malfunction. What’s more, if you experience this problem at a specific location, then assess the potency of your phone’s signs in that certain area. Additionally, to rule out any damage to the automobile’s unit, it’ll be a great idea to join another phone with the device. What’s more, remember to test if Android Auto is allowed for your mobile cell phone in the automobile’s apparatus configurations.
There can be various reasons because the Android Vehicle Doesn’t connect with the automobile, these motives and their alternatives are discussed here:
Solution 1: Change the Connecting Cable
If the cable linking the automobile unit and your apparatus is broken/damaged or doesn’t encourage communicating, it may bring about the present android auto communication error 8. If that’s the circumstance, using another cable can take care of the issue.
Utilize a brand new cable to attach the apparatus, e.g. if utilizing OEM cable, and then attempt using the cable that came with the charger of this phone.
Then establish the Android Vehicle and assess if it’s working alright.
Solution 2: Change Date and Time Settings
If your apparatus’s time and date settings or automobile’s head-up device aren’t correct/compatible, afterwards, Android Auto will react using a android auto communication error 8. This is sometimes quite true whenever your area employs daylight saving. Also, it isn’t applied to the automobile’s unit or your apparatus. Given the requirements, altering the time and date settings can address the issue.
- Open your phone’s settings.
- Now tap on Date and Time settings.
- Check if your device’s date/time is correct. It is possible to check on the right time and date of your region.
- On the automobile’s unit, fix the time and date following your device.
- In the event, the automobile’s unit is utilizing GPS Sync time, then consider disabling it. When it’s currently disabled, then attempt to empower it. Additionally, after enabling/disabling the GPS Sync period, remember to disconnect your vehicle’s battery for half an hour.
- Be certain the car’s device utilizes precisely the same time zone as the own cell phone.
- After adjusting the time and date settings, start the Android Vehicle and assess if it’s working normally.
Solution 3: Update the Android Auto App
As with other programs, Android Auto is frequently upgraded to appeal to new technology advancements. The present android auto communication error 8 might also be due to an obsolete Android program. In this circumstance, uninstalling the old version then reinstalling the most recent version (not only simply updating the program ) may fix the error (a remedy recorded by most users).
- Open Settings of your mobile phone.
- Then tap Applications (can be Programs or Program Manager), find and click on Android Auto.
- Now tap Storage. Click on Clear Cache and then Clear Data from the window.
- Tap the back button and then also from the Android automobile setting window, then tap Force Stop.
- Tap Uninstall and confirm to reinstall the program.
- After un-installation of this program, power your phone off and wait for 1 minute before restarting.
- Upon restart, start Google Play, and from the search bar, type “Android Auto”.
- In the research results, tap Android Auto, then tap Install.
- Launch the Android automobile app and set it with your vehicle’s head to assess if it’s functioning fine.
Solution 4: Update Google Play Services App
Google Play Services is among the core software and the central hub for those programs from your Android OS, and that’s why this program is pre-installed on your Android cellphone. As with any other program, these solutions are updated frequently to benefit from new technology advancements and patch called bugs. If you’re using an obsolete version of those solutions, it may be the main cause of the present android auto communication error 8. Within this situation, upgrading these solutions can take care of the issue. However, these services can’t be upgraded as a normal Android program, and the directions may change depending on the make and model of your apparatus.
- Open Settings of your phone and tap Applications (Programs or Program Manager).
- Then locate and click Google Play Services.
- Tap Storage and click on Clear cache.
- Now, pick Manage Space and click Clear All Data.
- Then, start the Chrome browser onto your Android cellphone. From the search bar form “Google Play Services“,.
- Tap 3 vertical dots close to the upper right corner in the window and tap the Checkbox of Desktop Website.
- Tap the lookup results displayed from Google Play, i.e. play.google.com (generally the very first outcome ).
- Even a Google Play Store Window will look with just two Google Play Services choices to upgrade or deactivate. When there’s an upgrade available, then tap Update.
- When there’s no upgrade available, tap Deactivate and afterwards on, tap Activate again. This can refresh the whole module.
- Subsequently, start Android Auto and assess if it’s working alright.
Solution 5: Updating Google PlayStore
Google Play Store is your core program of this Android OS and can be pre-installed on virtually all Android mobiles. This program is accountable for many unique features and services like maintaining all of the mobile programs updated and supplying a central repository. However, if you’re employing an outdated/older sort of the program itself, it might get the communication malfunction 8. Here, within this situation, upgrading the Play Store program may take care of the issue.
- Open the Play Store program and start its menu and then click Settings.
- Then scroll down until the end and then tap Play Store Version.
- When there’s an upgrade available, then upgrade the Play Store, differently, Google Play Store is up to date pop up can reveal.
- After upgrading the Play Store, start Android Auto and assess if it’s clear of this malfunction. Be certain that you restart your computer after upgrading it.
Solution 6: Update Your Device’s OS
Android OS is upgraded to supply important bug and performance fixes. In case your device’s applications aren’t upgraded to the newest constructed, it might lead to the malfunction under debate. Given the conditions, it is going to be a fantastic idea to upgrade your apparatus OS. Be certain you get a secure online connection to get the upgrade.
- Open Settings of your phone and click About phone.
- Tap on System Update and Check for upgrades.
- When there’s an upgrade available, then download and install the upgrade.
- After upgrading the apparatus OS, start the Android Market, and assess if it’s functioning fine.
Solution 7: Turn on USB Debugging
By employing USB debugging, Android’s apparatus can speak with other clever devices/computers. USB debugging is vital for Android Vehicle to execute specific operations, and when USB debugging is disabled on your Android apparatus, it may bring about the present communication malfunction. Here, allowing USB debugging can take care of the issue.
- Disconnect your phone from the automobile’s device and induce prevent the Android Vehicle as stated in alternative 3
- Open your phone Settings and tap About phone.
- From the About menu, then scroll down until the finish and seven times tap “Build amount“.
- Subsequently, a pop up of “You’re presently a programmer” will look.
- Press the back button and from the phone’s settings, then tap Developer Options.
- Then scroll down until you locate USB Debugging.
- Click the change of “USB Debugging” to let and then affirm to empower it.
- Now launching Android Auto and link your phone to the automobile’s device to assess its clear of this malfunction.
If you’re still using the problems, then most likely, the automobile’s head-up device is damaged/faulty, particularly if it isn’t working with a different smartphone. You’re able to confirm it in the manufacturer’s approved dealership, and in the event, the device is under warranty, it will be replaced with no fees.