Here we can see “0x100000ea (THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER M) – Fix for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10”
Symptoms and Description
This Error is linked to the error messages, alerts, warnings, and symptoms listed below.
Symptom 1: 0x100000ea error screen
When a video hardware device driver enters an infinite loop, Windows must terminate it and stop the booting process, resulting in the 0x100000ea error.
This Error’s Causes
One or more of the following factors have been linked to this error:
Cause 1: Bad or misconfigured device driver
A malfunctioning or outdated device driver is the most likely cause of this issue. This problem may also happen after a driver update or when Windows is first installed.
Fixing “0x100000ea” on Windows
Fix 1: Reinstall the video drivers
The visual driver may not be compatible with your Windows version because the video hardware frequently triggers the 0x100000ea issue.
- Check that your Windows version has the correct video driver installed and that the driver version is compatible with your Windows version.
- Follow these procedures to update the driver.
- Click Start, type devmgmt.msc into the search box and select devmgmt or Device Manager from the results.
- Right-click on the driver and select Properties.
Fix 2: Hardware Acceleration to none
The problem could be fixed by setting the Hardware Acceleration option to None. However, you risk reducing the functionality and performance of your video card.
Take the following steps:
- In the search results, click Start Type.
- Choose Display from the drop-down menu.
- Change the display settings.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Go to the Troubleshoot section.
- Change the settings by clicking Change Settings.
- The Hardware Acceleration slider should be set to None.
- Select OK.
- Start your computer again.
Fix 3: Replace video card
Because a video device or driver generates the 0x100000ea issue, you should replace your computer’s video card with a new one.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. What exactly does “thread stalled in device driver” mean?
When a specific driver is caught in an eternal loop waiting for its hardware to go into an idle state, the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error “Thread stuck in device driver” appears in Windows 10. This is frequently due to a problem with the driver hardware.
2. What’s the matter with the thread?
Stuck Threads are threads that have become stuck and cannot return to the threadpool for an extended period of time. The WLS comes with 600 seconds by default. If a thread does not return in 600 seconds, it is marked as “stuck.” – > Stuck Threads are just warnings that this thread is taking too long to complete.
3. What is the meaning of System Thread Error?
EXCEPTION IN THE SYSTEM THREAD When process threads executing important Windows services fail, the error NOT HANDLED occurs on a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). A driver fault is the most common cause of this error. Your system may display this blue screen due to an old, corrupted, or incompatible driver.
4. Thread stuck in device driver : r/AMDHelp – Reddit
5. How to solve Thread Stuck in Device Driver? : r/techsupport