Here we can see, “How to: Fix World of Warcraft Add-ons Reset After Update”
- Many World of Warcraft users has reported that their addons have been reset after a crash.
- After the game crashed, the Blizzard API upgrade forced the WoW addons to reset.
- If you’ve lost all of your WoW addon settings, use the suggestions in this article to fix the problem.
- Let us know in the comments which approach worked for you with the WoW addons reset.
World of Warcraft has amassed a passionate following over 12 years. The community then becomes increasingly involved in the game’s development.
It improves the game and customizes it to its liking. After you’ve checked out all of the add-ons, your perspective on the game will alter, and Vanilla will seem like a distant memory.
Some users experienced a significant issue with the Blizzard API update, which resets addon default settings.
If you’ve ever spent time tweaking your addons, you know how long it may take.
But don’t worry. You can get all of your settings back in just a few steps.
How do I get back the WoW addon settings that I’ve misplaced?
1. Copy the content of an existing account to a new one
- Close the game and log off.
- Go to the installation folder for World of Warcraft.
- Locate and save the WTF folder.
- Look for any changes to your account name in the WTF folder.
- Copy the content of an existing account with a known number into the new one.
- Restart the game if necessary.
The original account folder appears to have changed from # to #0 (single digit at the end of your account name).
A simple workaround can be presented using the procedures outlined above.
2. Make sure your addons are up to date
Addon makers update their packs after every modification to the World of Warcraft API. As a result, make sure all your in-game addons are up to date.
On the other side, you should remove any addons that are no longer in use.
You may also try renaming all of your SavedVariable*.lua.bak files to *.lua to see if that helps. Even though it’s a long shot, it’s worth a shot.
Of course, before attempting to alter file extensions, make a backup of the WTF folder.
World of Warcraft, despite being a fantastic MMORPG, will occasionally experience disconnections and other issues. Problems with its add-ons are one category of such issues.
These are the most likely answers to your World of Warcraft addon-related problems. We understand how unpleasant redos can be and how much time and energy the entire procedure can take.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. Do WoW addons update themselves?
When your addons aren’t up to date, we have to manually check for when they release updated versions. For each and every addon we have, an addon manager searches for new versions, downloads them, and unpacks them for us automatically.
2. How do I keep my World of Warcraft addons up to date?
When you select the WoW button, you’ll be invited to either scan for or manually browse to your WoW installation, or you’ll be presented with a list of your currently installed addons. You can update individual addons or utilise the ‘Update All’ button from here.
3. In World of Warcraft, how do you reset the UI?
Select Show in Explorer (Windows®) or Reveal in Finder (Mac®) from the Options menu in the Blizzard Battle.net desktop application. Go to the World of Warcraft® folder and double-click it. Rename the directories Cache, Interface, and WTF to CacheOld, InterfaceOld, and WTFFOld, respectively. Relaunch World of Warcraft to see the changes in action.
4. HELPP!!!!! All of my add ons settings reset! including – Reddit
5. Addons reset since patch? : Gaming : r/wow – Reddit