Here we can see, “How to Add a Wireless Printer to Windows 11”
- Three alternative methods are available in Windows 11’s built-in options for adding a wireless printer.
- You may manually or automatically add printers through the Settings app.
- As an alternative, the Devices and Printers Control Panel applet in Windows 11 allows you to add wireless printers.
We are now using Microsoft’s newest desktop operating system. Users all over the world have started updating to Windows 11 from October 2021. You will next need to add your printer and other external devices to Windows 11 as the first step.
You can accomplish this in a few different ways, both automatically and manually, through Settings. The Control Panel’s built-in tool for adding additional devices is another option.
Undoubtedly, many users will need to add wireless printers to Windows 11. Adding wireless and wired printers is simple with the same built-in options and tools.
Thus, adding wireless devices and non-wireless ones has little to no difference.
Will my printer be compatible with Windows 11?
Some customers might be unsure if their printers work with Microsoft’s most recent desktop operating system. The majority of Windows 10 device drivers work with 11. If you have used your printer with Windows 10, it should function normally with the newest operating system.
You can’t be as specific if you were using your printer on an earlier version of Windows, such as Vista or 7. The latest desktop systems are less likely to be compatible with older printers.
You might find this post on installing the most recent Windows 11 printer driver helpful. If you wish to use all your printer functions, you must do this.
Look for information on Windows 11 compatibility on the manufacturer’s website to see if your printer is compatible with the most recent operating system.
For instance, the websites with Dell and HP both include sections that list the supported printer models for Windows 11 on them.
If it is compatible, you can add your wireless printer to Windows 11 using the three techniques listed below.
Make sure your printer is fully configured and that the cartridges are installed with a reasonable amount of ink, as instructed in the handbook.
For Windows 11 to recognise the wireless printer, it must also be turned on and linked to your PC’s Wi-Fi network. The instruction booklet for your printer will have particular information on how to connect it to local networks.
How can I add a wireless printer in Windows 11?
1. Automatically add a new wireless printer
- To open that menu, first click Start on your taskbar.
- Go to the Start menu and choose Settings.
- In Settings, select the Bluetooth & devices tab.
- Next, click the Printers & Scanners tab.
- To add a device, click the button.
- To add a wireless printer that has been detected, click the Add device option.
2. Add a wireless printer via the Control Panel
- Select the magnifying glass icon on the taskbar.
- In the search box that appears, type Control Panel.
- For that window to open, select Control Panel.
- Then, from the View by drop-down option, choose Large Icons.
- Inside the Control Panel, select Devices and Printers.
- Press the Add a printer button after that.
- Press the Next button after selecting a printer to install it in the Add a device box.
- Once the printer has been added, click Finish.
3. Manually add a wireless printer to Windows 11
1. On your taskbar, press the Windows key.
2. To open the Settings app, enter settings into the search bar and click the first result.
3. Select the Bluetooth & devices tab from the menu.
4. Select Scanners & Printers.
5. Select Add device from the menu.
6. After that, select Add manually.
7. Choose the option to add a Bluetooth, wifi, or network discoverable printer.
8. Next, select your wireless printer in the Add a device window.
9. Press the Next key.
10. To complete the installation, adhere to the following steps in the Add Printer wizard.
You can try manually installing your wireless printer if the automatic installation fails because your device is not recognised. The Bluetooth & Devices menu in Control Panel makes this simple to implement.
Set a printer to be the default one
Make sure the printer you’ve added is set as your PC’s default after adding it. Then, by default, it will be chosen to print all of your papers. Through the Control Panel, you can select a printer as the default printer:
- Using the hotkey R and the Windows key.
- In the Open box, enter the following Run command:
- Select the Run OK button.
- Next, choose Set as default printer from the context menu when you right-click the wireless printer you just added to Windows 11.
- On the confirmation window, click the OK button. A green checkmark will now appear alongside your default wireless printer in the Control Panel.
Remove a printer in Windows 11
Remove the old printer from Windows 11 when you buy a new one. The following is how to remove added printers from Settings:
- To open Settings, use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + I.
- On the left side of Settings, click Bluetooth & devices.
- To view your newly added printers, choose Printers & Scanners.
- To access its settings, double-click the added printer that you want to delete.
- Press the Remove button after that.
- To confirm that you wish to take out the printer, click Yes.
How come my wireless printer isn’t detected when I try to add it?
Network discovery must be turned on for Windows 11 to recognise a network. If your wireless printer isn’t recognised, it’s possible that your PC doesn’t have that capability enabled. You can enable network discovery on your PC in the following ways:
- As instructed in the first three stages of the third technique, launch the Control Panel.
- A network and internet category should be chosen.
- To launch that applet, click Network & Sharing Center.
- Then select Change advanced sharing settings from the window’s left side.
- Choose Turn on network discovery if the private profile radio button is disabled.
- Additionally, pick that option by clicking the Turn on the automated setup of network-linked devices checkbox.
- To make the modification, click the Save changes button.
The larger makers of printers have some that have accompanying software. Therefore, using a supported app, you could also be able to add your printer to Windows 11 instead. You should be able to download any necessary software for your printer model from the Microsoft Store.
However, Windows 11 has built-in features that allow you to add a wireless or wired printer. Adding wireless printers to that platform is usually simple and quick with the three approaches mentioned above.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. In Windows 11, how can I manually add a printer?
Go to Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners > Add device and choose to Add a printer or scanner to add a wireless printer to a Windows 11 computer. Click Add Device after selecting your printer.
2. Windows 11 won’t let you add a printer.
Simply select Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters to begin. The Printer troubleshooter can be found here among the list of Windows troubleshooters. To activate it, select the Run button next to it.
3. Does Windows 11 work with all printers?
Will Windows 11 Work With My Printer? Yes, your printer ought to function flawlessly. According to Microsoft, your current printer(s) should continue to function normally because Windows 11 is built on the strong foundations of Windows 10 software.
4. Accessing Devices and Printers in Windows 11 : r/WindowsHelp
5. Printers and windows 11 : r/computers – Reddit