Here we can see, “Streaming Requires Additional Driver Installation”
- Users began to report that they couldn’t stream on their devices out of the blue, even though everything else was working well.
- Streaming requires an additional driver installation, according to the problem notice, however there is no choice to do so in the prompt.
- Using a specialist tool to confirm that you have all of the required drivers installed will rapidly resolve the issue.
- Another simple workaround for the streaming problem is to revert to an earlier version of the drivers.
You are not alone if you have tried to stream from your laptop but received the error message Streaming requires extra driver installation.
According to reports in the streaming community, this error notice appears to have been received by a large number of customers. The full error message is as follows:
The debut of the stream was unsuccessful. Streaming necessitates the installation of additional drivers. Please follow the on-screen instructions on the remote computer.
Even though the error notice instructs users to follow the prompts provided, customers report that none of them appears, leaving them entirely unsure of what to do next.
Fortunately, you can do a few simple measures to resolve the streaming error message, which we will go over in the following lines, so keep reading.
How can I quickly resolve the streaming error?
1. Drivers must be updated
As we all know, having the most recent driver version can help you prevent various problems, including the dreaded additional driver required message.
Using specialized software to make things much more accessible and risk-free can make a tremendous difference.
2. Revert to an earlier driver
- Type Control Panel into the search bar, then open it.
- Select Performance and Maintenance, then System (in Category view) or System (in List view) (in Classic view).
- Go to Device Manager and select it.
- Toggle the option for Display Adapters on and off.
- Double-click on your graphics card.
- Finally, go to the Driver Tab and press the Roll Back Driver button.
3. Remove the present driver
You will not be able to roll back if you first uninstalled your prior driver and then installed the current one.
In this case, you’ll need to uninstall your driver using the exact instructions as before and then download and reinstall the recommended driver after the process is complete.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What is the definition of a stream driver?
STREAMS drivers and STREAMS modules share some processing. How the programme manipulates drivers and modules, as well as how interrupts are handled, are significant differences between drivers and modules. Drivers are opened and modules are pushed in STREAMS.
2. In streaming, what is a Ks?
Kernel streaming (KS) refers to a set of Microsoft services that enable kernel-mode data processing. Port class, stream class, and AVStream are the three multimedia class driver models offered by Microsoft.
3. What is the purpose of a character device driver?
A character device driver exposes a device’s properties and functionality through a specific file in the /dev directory that can be used to exchange data between the device and a user application, as well as operate the real physical device.
4. Steam Stream issues : r/SteamController – Reddit
5. PSA for Mac users: the Steam Link is not fully compatible