Here we can see, “How to: Fix We Didn’t Recognize Your Sign in Details Skype Error”
- Although Skype is a fantastic instant messaging service, many users have complained about various problems.
- According to users, they can’t login in at all owing to Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign-in details problem message.
- Check your antivirus settings or use Skype for Web as a workaround to resolve this issue.
- One of the many Skype problems you could experience is this one.
One of the most widely used chatting apps is Skype, but customers have sadly noticed some problems with it on Windows 10. They claim that they cannot sign in to Skype and that an error message stating, ” Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign-in data ” appears after each attempt at signing in.
How do I fix Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign in details error on Skype?
One of the most widely used chat programs for Windows is Skype, although occasionally Skype has problems. In relation to Skype issues, the following are some of the typical issues that users have reported:
- Skype doesn’t recognize sign in details – This message can appear if your username or password isn’t correct.Check your sign-in information if you experience this issue. If everything is in order, your password may need to be reset.
- Skype name and password were not recognized – Whether you’re seeing this, try reinstalling Skype and seeing if the error message still shows. This could be a Skype client issue.
- Skype can’t connect – This is another problem with Skype that you can encounter. If you get this error, be sure to check if Skype servers are working properly. If there’s a difficulty with Skype servers, you’ll have to wait until Microsoft repairs the issue.
- Skype oops please check your details – You may occasionally receive this message in its place. Try each of the options from our article in order to resolve this identical issue.
1. Use Skype for Web or try signing in on a different device
If you receive the error message Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign-in details; there may be an issue with your desktop Skype client.
We suggest checking in to Skype for Web and seeing if the issue persists and if it only affects the desktop client.
You could also try logging into Skype on your phone or another PC.
You should reinstall the desktop client if Skype for Web and Skype on your phone both function flawlessly. This indicates that the issue is with the desktop client.
2. Reinstall Skype
Reinstalling the program is one option for fixing a major problem with Skype that prevents logging in. Just remove the application, restart your computer, and attempt to reinstall it.
Getting the most recent complete version of Skype is advised because users have reported having trouble installing it using the same setup file.
In reality, the full version of Skype is an offline installation that doesn’t require any downloads.
If you don’t always have access to the Internet, the offline installation is ideal because it includes all the files required for Skype installation.
Unstalled software is recommended to thoroughly delete Skype, including all of its files and registry entries. This particular application was developed to uninstall any program from your computer totally.
With the help of these programs, you can thoroughly uninstall Skype and delete all related files and registry entries.
3. Change your hard drive serial number
If Skype blocks your hard drive serial number, you could occasionally receive an error message saying, “Sorry, we didn’t recognize your sign-in details.”
Your hard drive’s serial number needs to be changed in order to resolve this issue. There are various ways to accomplish this, but downloading Hard Disk Serial Number Changer is the simplest one.
You only need to launch the application after downloading it; choose your primary partition, which is often C, and you should see a hard disk serial number with eight characters separated by a dash.
Modify the serial number a little bit, for instance, by changing just one character, then click the Change button. Your hard disk number should be modified after that.
Since the serial number of your hard drive changes every time you format it, this technique should be safe, and users haven’t reported any issues due to the new serial number.
4. Check your antivirus settings
Antivirus and firewall software might sometimes interfere with Skype; therefore be careful to verify its settings.
Users reported problems with Eset Smart Security, and the problem with Skype was fixed by turning off the ability to scan the SSL protocol.
Remember that practically any antivirus program has the potential to create this problem, so see if the SSL protocol scanning option is available in your antivirus program and turn it off.
If you are unable to locate this option, you might want to temporarily turn off your antivirus software to see if the problem is resolved.
Please feel free to try any of these programs, as they all provide excellent protection and won’t cause any issues with your system or applications.
5. Use Facebook login to sign-in to Skype
If you can’t sign in to Skype due to the Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign-in details issue, and you might want to try logging in with your Facebook account instead.
Users claim that before trying to join in with their Facebook account, they could sign into Skype without any further problems.
Although this is only a temporary solution, feel free to give it a shot.
6. Check the status of Skype’s services
Sometimes you might encounter Sorry; we could not detect your sign-in information due to the inaccessibility of Skype services.
Skype may be experiencing server troubles if you can’t sign in on the desktop client, Skype for Web, or the mobile app.
You can always visit https://support.skype.com/en/status to see if there are any server-related issues.
You may view the status of each Skype service there. It could be unable to sign in to Skype if any service, including signing into Skype, is having problems.
Given that this is a server problem, Microsoft is almost certainly aware of it, and a remedy should be available within a few hours. However, even if all of Skype’s features are functioning perfectly, you may still be unable to sign in.
7. Check your username and password
Your login information may be the cause of the Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign-in details error that prevents you from signing in to Skype.
This error can occasionally happen if the sign-in information is entered incorrectly. Your account may have been hijacked even if you are 100 percent positive that your sign-in details are accurate.
Make sure to change your Skype password and try logging in again to fix this.
If the new password is ineffective, there may be a problem with your Skype software or one of Skype’s services.
8. Disable third-party applications and proxy
The message “Sorry, we didn’t recognize your sign-in details” may arise due to third-party software on your computer.
If you’re using a VPN, turn it off for a while to see if that fixes the issue.
If you’re one of the users who uses a proxy to preserve your privacy, you might want to think about turning it off to fix this problem. To accomplish it, take the following actions:
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows Key + I.
- Open the Settings app, then select the Network & Internet tab.
- Select Proxy from the menu on the left. Now disable every option listed in the right pane.
Once you’ve done that, your proxy should be turned off, which will fix Skype’s problems. You might want to think about switching to a different VPN client if removing the proxy or VPN resolves the problem.
One of the most widely used chatting platforms worldwide is Skype, and the error notice “Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign-in details” can be annoying, particularly if you use Skype frequently.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I solve the Skype sign-in issue?
Check to see if you’re running the most recent version of Skype, that your system satisfies Skype’s system requirements, and that you have the most recent hardware drivers and software updates for your computer if you’re having trouble signing in. Most sign-in problems can be resolved by doing this.
2. Why doesn’t Skype recognize my login information?
Check your sign-in information if you experience this issue. If everything is in order, your password may need to be reset. Reinstall Skype and see whether the error message still shows if your Skype client is the cause of the Skype name and password not being recognized trouble.
3. How can my Skype account be verified?
Log in to your Microsoft account to set up two-step verification for your Skype account using a different email address. Click Security on the Microsoft account page. Press the Two-step verification button on the Security page. Next, after selecting Manage from the Two-step verification section.
4. Office 365 Sign In issues : r/sysadmin – Reddit
5. I Will Never Use a Microsoft Account to Log Into My Own PC