Here we can see, “How to: Fix: PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL Error in Windows 10”
Hardware issues are frequently the cause of Blue Screen of Death errors like PAGE FAULT IN FREED SPECIAL POOL, and they can be rather catastrophic. Because these issues cause your computer to restart whenever they arise, you must know how to cure them on Windows 10.
Fix – PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL Windows 10 error
1. Update Windows 10 and your drivers
Hardware and software difficulties plague many operating systems, and Windows 10 is no different. Some older hardware or software may not be fully compatible with Windows 10, resulting in a Blue Screen of Death error and a restart of your computer. It is recommended that you utilize Windows Update periodically and download the latest fixes to avoid Blue Screen of Death issues. Microsoft releases new patches regularly, and many of these patches address both hardware and software issues, so if you’re experiencing BSoD errors, be sure to upgrade to Windows 10.
It’s critical to maintain your drivers up to date in addition to installing Windows updates. Drivers are essential for Windows 10 to recognize and use specific hardware, and if your driver is old or defective, you’ll get a PAGE FAULT IN FREED SPECIAL POOL Blue Screen of Death.
You’ll need to update all of your drivers to fix this problem, so go to your hardware manufacturer’s website and get the most recent drivers for your device. Many users claimed that updating their chipset drivers fixed the problem, so make sure you update those first before moving on to other critical components.
Drivers are updated automatically
It can take a long time to look for drivers on your own. As a result, we recommend that you utilize a tool that will perform this task for you automatically. Using an automatic driver updater will save you the time and effort of manually looking for drivers, and it will ensure that your system is always up to date with the latest drivers.
Advanced software will assist you in automatically updating drivers and preventing PC harm caused by installing incorrect driver versions. Our team determined that this is the best-automated option after doing multiple testing.
2. Use the Hardware Troubleshooter to discover what’s wrong with your computer
Now we’ll use Windows 10’s built-in troubleshooting tools. The ‘universal’ troubleshooter will be the first place we look for assistance. This utility can be used to solve various issues, including BSOD problems.
Here’s how to use Windows 10’s BSOD troubleshooter:
- Go to the Update & Security section of the Settings app.
- From the left-hand menu, choose Troubleshoot.
- From the right pane, select BSOD and then click Run the Troubleshooter.
- To finish the troubleshooter, follow the directions on the screen.
3. Perform an SFC scan
The SFC scan is a command-line tool that examines your computer for potential faults and resolves them if a solution is available. BSOD problems are one of the mistakes that the SFC scan can help with.
- To run the SFC scan in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Open Command Prompt by right-clicking on the Start Menu button (Admin).
- Please wait till the procedure is completed (it may take a while).
- If a solution is found, it will be applied automatically.
- Restart your computer after closing the Command Prompt.
4. Execute DISM
DISM will be the third troubleshooter we’ll utilize. The Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool is a robust system image reloading tool. As a result, it can also fix BSOD faults.
We’ll walk you through both the normal and the installation media procedure below:
- Standard way
- Open Command Prompt by right-clicking Start (Admin).
- Press Enter after pasting the following command:
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait for the scan to complete.
- Restart your computer and try again with the update.
- With the installation media for Windows
- Place your Windows installation media in the drive.
- Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt from the menu (Admin).
- Type the following commands in the command line, pressing Enter after each one:
- dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Now type and hit Enter the following command:
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:SourcesInstall.wim:1 /LimitAccess
- When installing Windows 10, make careful to replace an X value with the mounted drive letter.
- Restart your computer once the procedure is completed.
5. Get rid of any unwanted programs
The software can cause Blue Screen of Death issues, and the only way to remedy them is to locate and uninstall the offending software from your computer. Unfortunately, the most typical reason for BSoD issues is your antivirus, and if you want to cure this mistake, you’ll need to uninstall all third-party antivirus applications.
Keep in mind that antivirus programs often leave behind files and registry entries after they’ve been uninstalled, so you’ll need to use a dedicated removal application to get rid of any items linked with your antivirus program. These programs are available for download from several antivirus vendors, so ensure you get them. Users have reported problems with Norton Antivirus, but keep in mind that the PAGE FAULT IN FREED SPECIAL POOL error can happen with practically any antivirus product.
Although antivirus is a common cause of these errors, you should be aware that virtually any application can cause this mistake. Users reported that Extreme Tune was causing them problems and that deleting it fixed the BSOD bug. It’s worth noting that some drivers can cause this problem, and users have reported that outdated printer drivers caused this error. If the driver is the source of the problem, you can fix it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X and pick Device Manager from the list to open the Power User Menu.
- Locate the faulty driver in Device Manager, right-click it, and select Uninstall.
- Restart your computer after deleting the driver.
Windows 10 will install the default driver when your computer restarts. If the error does not reappear, the issue was caused by a malfunctioning driver. You can either stick with the default driver or update it, but make sure you don’t install the same faulty version twice.
6. Disable any overclocking options
You may improve the performance of your gear by changing the default settings with overclocking software. However, overclocking is a complex technique, and if done incorrectly, overclocking your hardware can result in lasting harm to your computer. Overclocking can result in PAGE FAULT IN FREED SPECIAL POOL, in addition to irreparable damage. The Blue Screen of Death error will show, and you will need to disable all overclocking settings to fix the problem.
7. Reset your Windows 10 computer
If the PAGE FAULT IN FREED SPECIAL POOL problem is caused by software, a Windows 10 reset will repair it. Because this technique is identical to a clean install, you should make a backup of your files before proceeding because this operation will remove all contents from your C partition. We should point out that you may require a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10 to finish this step, so make one using Media Creation Tool. To reset Windows 10, take these steps:
- While your computer is booting, restart it. Rep this process a few times till Automatic Repair kicks in.
- Choose to Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove Everything from the Troubleshoot menu. You may be prompted to insert Windows 10 installation discs, so be prepared.
- Select Only the drive on which Windows is installed, then click the Reset button to delete all my files.
- Complete the reset procedure by following the guidelines.
After you’ve completed the Windows 10 reset, check to see if the issue has been repaired. If the BSoD error reappears, it’s most likely due to a malfunctioning hardware component.
8. Examine your hardware
Faulty hardware, most frequently RAM, can cause PAGE FAULT IN FREED SPECIAL POOL therefore test your RAM modules one by one until you discover the faulty one. Users report that the error was resolved after locating and replacing the damaged RAM module; however, if your RAM is in good working order, check all other hardware components as well.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How to fix windows 10 Bad_Pool_Header error? : r/Windows10
2. Blue screen in Windows 10. What are some common fixes?
3. BSOD: page fault in nonpaged area : r/Windows10 – Reddit
4. Any one know what could have caused this and how to stop it?
5. blue screen at start up| windows 10 | Error code 0xC000000F