Here we can see, “Outlook Won’t Open Pdf Attachments”
- For several reasons, outlook won’t open a PDF file, and we’ll show you how to resolve that in this post.
- Downloading and using a trustworthy third-party PDF viewer would be the simplest solution.
- You can try restarting Outlook or checking the PDF file for viruses, among other options.
- You can always try disabling your antivirus programme and see if it helps if Outlook won’t open PDF attachments.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular desktop email applications that can sync with unique webmail.
However, some Windows users have complained that PDF attachments in emails won’t open in Microsoft Outlook; this issue appears to be widespread.
How can I fix PDF attachment issues in Outlook?
1. Use a PDF reader
If you don’t already have PDF reader software installed on your computer, you might not be able to open a PDF file in Microsoft Outlook directly.
Please use the top PDF reader software currently on the market. Make sure Adobe Reader is present.
It’s also a good idea to have the most recent version, so download it immediately, install it, and then try opening the PDF documents again.
2. Scan the PDF
- Enter Windows Defender after typing it into Start.
- Choose the custom scan option, then choose the PDF file folder.
- To continue, click scan at this time.
If a PDF file doesn’t open in Outlook, you should scan it to see if your Windows PC can open it safely.
Make sure to scan any PDF files you get over email because some of them may include malware, spyware, or viruses that could pose a harm to your computer.
As an alternative, you can perform a scan of the PDF file by choosing from the options when you right-click on it.
3. Restart Microsoft Outlook
It’s possible that Microsoft Outlook was overloaded when you attempted to open the file; as a result, you might think about restarting Outlook and trying again.
Additionally, ensure your Internet connection is working properly so you can fully download the PDF documents and examine them in the previewer menu.
This small workaround may be helpful if Outlook won’t open PDF attachments.
4. Run Windows Update
- Enter Windows Update in the Start search box and then click OK.
- Click the Check for updates button in the Windows Update window.
Microsoft often releases patches that include drivers and bug fixes for your Windows computer. Therefore, make sure your machine is running the most recent OS version.
If Outlook doesn’t open a PDF file, this could help you and maintain your computer free of bugs.
5. Request for a resend
If the PDF file was transferred using a USB, it could occasionally have been corrupted. Additionally, the PDF file was not perfectly created by the tool that was used to make it.
However, you might need to request a different format or ask the sender to deliver the PDF file to you again.
6. Use the right password
A password is used to encrypt some PDF files, protecting them from unauthorised access. For instance, bank statements, receipts for payments, private documents, etc.
You must enter the correct password, which is secure and can only be known by the relevant person, in order to open this collection of files.
Solution 7: Temporarily disable the antivirus protection
- Launch your antivirus programme and temporarily disable the protection.
- Open Microsoft Outlook at this time to see the PDF attachments.
Antivirus software occasionally has the ability to destroy or quarantine specific program-related files, patches, or DLLs.
However, the antivirus scanning algorithms may mistakenly associate trustworthy files with potentially dangerous ones.
Disabling your antivirus programme may be helpful if Outlook won’t open PDF attachments.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why is Outlook unable to open PDF files?
The software can occasionally behave abnormally after being used for a long time. If you have never had trouble opening PDF files in Outlook to preview them, shutting and reopening the programme might help.
2. Why is it that I can’t open attachments in Outlook?
You might need to disable add-ins if you use Microsoft Outlook and can’t open a file attachment. Click File > Options > Add-ins in Microsoft Outlook. Under Manage, select COM Add-ins, and then press GO. Uncheck each and every add-in.
3. How can I modify Outlook’s attachment settings?
Once Outlook has loaded, and you are in your Inbox, go to your settings by clicking the gear symbol in the top-right corner. Click Attachments under View All Outlook Settings. You have a variety of options to choose from under Sharing Preferences.
4. Not opening attachments in Chrome : r/Outlook – Reddit
5. PDF Attachments Blank/Empty in Outlook/Office365 – Reddit
PDF Attachments Blank/Empty in Outlook/Office365 from Office365