Here we can see, “How to Fix Outlook’s Operation Failed Attachment Error”
When they attempt to send emails or open attachments in messages, some MS Outlook users claim that an operation failed error occurs. The procedure failed, according to the complete error message. Nothing can be found. Users cannot send notices or open attachments using Outlook as a result.
How can Users Fix the Operation Failed Error?
1. Check Outlook Isn’t in Compatibility Mode
- First, make sure Outlook doesn’t have the option to run in compatibility mode checked. To access the Properties menu, right-click an Outlook icon in File Explorer or on the desktop.
- In the image directly below, choose the Compatibility tab.
- If it’s checked, deselect the option to run this program in compatibility mode.
- Pick Apply from the menu.
- To close the window, click the OK button.
2. Update Outlook
In August 2019, a few customers confirmed that recent Outlook upgrades resolved the failed operation issue. So, choose File > Office Account to check for changes ( or Account). To update the application, following click Update Options and Update Now.
3. Set Up a New User Profile
- Outlook profiles that have been damaged can cause the operation failed error. Launch Run (by pressing the Windows key + R hotkey), type “Control Panel” in the Open box, then click OK to create a new Outlook profile.
- In the Control Panel, select Mail.
- On the Mail Setup window that appears, select Show Profiles.
- Select “Add” from the menu.
- Click the OK button after entering the profile title in the text field.
- In the Add Account window, enter the necessary email account information.
- To continue with the account setup procedure, click Next.
4. Clean Boot Windows
- Another cause of the failed operation error could be incompatible software, including antivirus utilities. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to delete startup programs and services.
- The System Configuration utility will launch once you type “msconfig” and press OK.
- Select the Use original boot configuration and Load system services to check boxes after selecting the Selective startup radio button.
- Uncheck the option next to Load startup items.
- On the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services.
- To deactivate all third-party services, click the Disable all option.
- Click OK and then Apply.
- On the dialogue box window that appears, choose the Restart option.
5. Repair Outlook’s Data File With Scanpst.exe
- Users can use Scanpst.exe to fix any corruption in the PST data file for Outlook. Press the Windows key + E hotkey to accomplish it.
- Open File Explorer and choose the Office folder. Office 2019/2016’s default location is C: > Program Files > Microsoft Office > root > office16.
- To launch the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool, click SCANPST.EXE.
- Select Browse from the menu.
- Then decide on the PST file by default. The common default location for the PST file in Outlook 2010–19 will be C: Users%username%DocumentsOutlook Files.
- To start scanning, click Start.
- Then, if the file has to be fixed, users can click Repair.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why did the operation in my email fail?
The procedure didn’t work. An error notice that reads, “The item cannot be saved to this folder,” appears when a user with Full Access access and Send As capabilities to the mailbox edit a stored email message and then try to save it. The folder was moved or removed, or you don’t have permission to access it.
2. How do you fix the attempted operation failed? Could an object not be found?
Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007 was unable to locate an item due to an Outlook data file corruption (. pst). Therefore, to fix this issue, scan the PST file for flaws using the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool or scanpst.exe.
3. Why won’t my emails go through to send?
This error often means that the receiving server is having issues. Make sure the recipient address is correct, then try these fixes. Cut back on the message’s recipient list. If you sent a message with Outlook or another email program and got this problem, try sending it through Outlook.com.
4. How to Fix Outlook Operation Failed Attachment Error … – Reddit
How to Fix Outlook Operation Failed Attachment Error when Sending Emails from Outlook
5. Microsoft Outlook: The operation failed : r/sysadmin – Reddit