Here we can see, “How to Make Windows Photo Viewer Your Default Image Viewer on Windows 10”
Windows Photo Viewer
Included in both Microsoft Windows 7 and eight operating systems, Windows Photo Viewer is a picture viewer that permits the user to display photos. It also includes some functionality for pictures, like directional reorientation, printing, burns to disc and attachment to an e-mail. Windows Photo Viewer is the default image viewing program in Windows, and it supports many image file formats, like JPEG, PNG, ICO, GIFF, TIFF, and BMP. Below, a screenshot of the Windows Photo Viewer is shown.
How To Make Windows Photo Viewer Default In Windows 10
The default Photos app is impressive, but it always takes a couple of seconds to open a picture and is certainly slower than the classic Windows Photo Viewer.
If you’re keen on the classic Windows Photos Viewer and need to form Windows Photo Viewer, the default photo viewer in Windows 10, follow the directions given below to vary the default photo viewer in Windows 10.
After setting Windows Photo Viewer as default, you’ll always right-click on a picture file, open with, then click Photos to open and edit a picture file using the Photos app.
Method 1 – using the Settings app
Method 2 – using the classic Default Programs
Set Windows Photos Viewer as default picture viewer
Step 1: Navigate to the beginning menu, click the Settings icon to open the Settings app. you’ll also use Windows + I hotkey to quickly open the Settings app.
Step 2: Navigate to Apps > Default apps.
Step 3: On the right side, scroll right down to see the Photo viewer section.
Step 4: Photos app is that the default Photo viewer. to vary it to Windows Photo Viewer, click on Photo entry to ascertain Choose an app, then click Windows Photo Viewer to form it because of the default photo viewer in Windows 10.
This is the normal method of setting Windows Photo Viewer because of the default photo viewer.
Step 1: Open the classic instrument panel. Change the View by to Small icons, then click Default Programs to open the Default Programs window.
Step 2: Click Set your default programs.
Step 3: On the left side, click on the Windows Photo Viewer entry.
Step 4: Now, on the right-side, click Set this program as default.
- Finally, click Choose defaults for this program (see picture).
- Check the Select All checkbox within the resulting window (or select specific image file types).
- Click the Save button.
Restore Windows Photo Viewer Windows 10 with a Registry File
Things become more complicated for users who have finished a clean install of Windows 10 but find Windows 10 photo viewer missing. But luckily, you’ll still restore Windows Photo Viewer by following the steps.
Step 1: create a registry file.
- Right-click on any space on the Windows 10 desktop.
- Navigate to the new option.
- Choose Text Document.
- Copy & paste the registry file content (given at the end) into the new text file.
- Click X within the upper right corner.
- Select Save.
- Right-click on this document and choose Rename.
- Give it a reputation and alter .txt to .reg.
- Press Enter and click on Yes to verify.
Step 2: run the registry file.
- Double click on the registry file you created.
- Click Run.
- Click Yes if you see a User Account Control window.
- Click Yes again within the pop-up Registry Editor window to continue.
- Click OK when another Registry Editor window appears to tell you that the keys and values are added successfully.
Step 3: choose Windows Photo Viewer for images.
- Right-click on the image you would like to open.
- Navigate to Open with.
- Click Choose another app.
- Select Windows Photo Viewer from the list.
- Click OK.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
- Why can’t I view my photos on Windows 10?
If you cannot view photos on Windows 10, the matter could be your user account. Sometimes your user account can become corrupted, which can cause many issues, including this one. If your user account is corrupted, you could be ready to fix this problem by creating a replacement user account.
- Where is that the instrument panel on Win 10?
Press Windows+X or right-tap the lower-left corner to open the fast Access Menu, then choose the instrument panel in it. Way 3: attend instrument panel through the Settings Panel.
- Why is paint my default photo viewer?
Your default application for opening photos is likely Paint. to vary your default program in Windows 10 from Paint to the Photo app, we propose that you perform the subsequent steps: On the beginning menu, select Settings. Next, attend System, then attend Default apps.
- the way to set Windows Photo Viewer because the default image application on Windows 10
- How to get the old Windows Photo Viewer back if you hate the new Photos App the maximum amount as I do.