Here we can see, “How to: Fix Avast Secureline VPN Not Working”
- SecureLine VPN should be able to connect you to Avast VPN servers directly.
- Instead, your privacy may be jeopardized if you receive the SecureLine VPN connection failed error.
- This guide will show you how to troubleshoot this issue without missing a beat.
- Upgrading to a more robust VPN service is guaranteed to avoid privacy invasions.
Avast SecureLine VPN is a client program that connects to Avast VPN servers in most cases. SecureLine, on the other hand, may not always be able to do this task.
When SecureLine cannot establish a connection, a SecureLine VPN connection failed error message will appear. Fortunately, there are a few possible options.
What should you do if your Avast SecureLine VPN connection drops?
1. Check your internet connection
Make sure your internet connection is operational without the SecureLine VPN. As a result, disable the SecureLine VPN. Then, in your browser, open a few websites.
If you need to troubleshoot your available connection, use Windows’ Internet Connections troubleshooter. That might fix the problem or, at the very least, point you on the right path. To use the troubleshooter, follow the steps below.
- Using the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut, open Run.
- To open the Control Panel window, type Control Panel and click OK.
- Open the Control Panel applet straight below, click Troubleshooting.
- To access the troubleshooter list below, click View all.
- Open the troubleshooter’s window, right-click Internet Connections, and select Run as administrator.
- If it isn’t already selected, click Advanced and select Apply fixes automatically.
- Click Next and choose the Troubleshoot my internet connection option to run the troubleshooter.
2. Choose a different server location
For its millions of users, Avast SecureLine does not have a large number of servers. As a result, the server you’re attempting to connect to may be overburdened. As a result, connecting to a different server location may be able to restore the SecureLine VPN connection.
To do so, go to the main Avast window and click the Change Location button. Then connect to a different server location.
3 Windows Defender Firewalls should be turned off
Firewalls might hamper VPN connections. VPN clients must be added to the exclusion list of the Windows Defender Firewall. As a result, disabling Windows Defender Firewall may let Avast SecureLine reconnect. The WDF can be turned off in the following way.
- In Windows, open the Run accessory.
- Input firewall.cpl into the command prompt. To open the Windows Defender Firewall Control Panel applet, select Run and then OK.
- To open the options seen in the screenshot directly below, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Select both the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall and Turn off Windows Defender Firewall choices.
- Select the OK option.
4. Disable antivirus software from third parties
VPN connections can potentially be blocked by third-party antivirus software. As a result, disabling third-party antivirus software before connecting to the VPN may resolve the problem.
Antivirus software may generally be turned off by right-clicking the antivirus utility’s system tray icon and selecting a deactivate or turn off button. Users can also create exceptions in their antivirus software firewalls to exclude their VPN clients.
5. Disconnect any incompatible VPN services
Other VPN services may be interfering with SecureLine’s connection. Therefore, those who use other VPN clients should ensure they don’t have any other VPN services running.
Clean booting Windows is one technique to ensure there are no competing services or apps. Users can use this method to clean boot Windows.
- To open that item, right-click the Start button and select Run.
- Enter msconfig in Run and click OK to launch the System Configuration software.
- On the General tab, select the Selective startup radio button.
- Uncheck the box labeled Load startup items.
- Choose the settings for Load System Services and Use Original Boot Configuration.
- Select the Services tab from the menu bar.
- To hide all Microsoft services, select Hide all Microsoft services.
- Then, to deselect the third-party services, click the Disable all button.
- Press the Apply and OK buttons to restart Windows, then click Restart.
6. Verify that you have an Avast SecureLine subscription
Users with invalid or expired subscriptions will be unable to connect to Avast SecureLine. As a result, users should double-check their SecureLine memberships.
Open the Avast software and go to Settings, Subscription, SecureLine VPN, and Validity. Users may also receive emails from Avast informing them that their memberships need to be renewed.
7. Reinstall Avast SecureLine if necessary
Another option for resolving the connection failed error is reinstalling the Avast SecureLine VPN program. Users can then rest assured that they are running the most recent client software version. To reinstall Avast SecureLine, follow the steps below.
- In Windows, go to the Control Panel.
- To open the Control Panel applet in the screenshot below, go to Programs and Features.
- Uninstall Avast SecureLine VPN by selecting it and clicking Uninstall.
- To confirm, press the Yes button on the UAC dialog.
- On the software’s uninstaller window, click Yes once more.
- After removing the app, restart Windows.
- Go to the Avast SecureLine page and click the Download for PC button to download the installer. Then, to reinstall the software, open that installer.
- To uninstall the SecureLine VPN component from Avast Antivirus, go to Menu > Settings in the software’s window.
- Then, click the Components tab on the left side of the window.
- Select Uninstall Component from the SecureLine VPN menu.
- To provide more confirmation, use the OK button.
- Then select Restart computer > Restart Now from the drop-down menu.
- Users can reinstall the SecureLine component by going to the SecureLine VPN tab in Avast Antivirus and choosing Install Component.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why isn’t Avast VPN working for me?
Other VPN services that may be running on your computer should be disconnected. Avast SecureLine VPN is unlikely to perform effectively if you are connected to another VPN. Restart your computer and try again to connect to Avast SecureLine VPN. Check your firewall’s setup.
2. What is the procedure for resetting my SecureLine adapter?
Select Uninstall Component from the SecureLine VPN menu. To provide more confirmation, use the OK button. Then select Restart computer > Restart Now from the drop-down menu. Users can reinstall the SecureLine component by going to the SecureLine VPN tab in Avast Antivirus and choosing Install Component.
3. What is the procedure for enabling the SecureLine adapter?
The SecureLine adaptor needs to be turned on. Your network settings can be changed by going to Settings ->Network and Internet ->Change Adapters. When you right-click the Wi-Fi adapters, an Enable button will display.
4. Could Avast SecureLine VPN have slowed my Internet
5. How to get rid of SecureLine : r/avast – Reddit