Here we can see, “How to Display the “My Computer” Icon on the Desktop in Windows 7, 8, 8.1,10 or 11”
How to Display the My Computer Icon on the Windows 7 Desktop
- Go to your Desktop.
- Right-click in an empty area and choose Personalize.
- Select Change desktop icons.
- Check the box to the left of Computer, click Apply, then click OK.
How to Display the My Computer Icon on the Windows 8 Desktop
To add the My Computer on the Desktop in Windows, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Desktop and click on Personalize.
- Click Change desktop icons on the left pane.
- From the popup window, select Computer under Desktop icons.
- Click Apply and OK.
How to Display the My Computer Icon on the Windows 8.1 Desktop
- Right-click on your Desktop and choose the “Personalize” option.
- Click on the “Change Desktop Icons” link on the left-hand side section of the window.
- On the Desktop Icons Settings window, check Computer and the other icon you want to feature.
You can also add Recycle Bin, instrument panel, My Documents, and Network icons to your Desktop from an equivalent window.
How to Display the My Computer Icon on the Windows 10 Desktop
- Right-click on the Desktop and choose to Personalize option within the contextual menu.
- On the Personalization screen, select Themes within the left-pane. Scroll down and click on the Desktop Icon Settings option within the right-pane under the “Related Settings” section.
- On the subsequent screen, check the small box next to Computer and click on Apply and OK to save this setting on your Computer.
How to Display the My Computer Icon on the Windows 11 Desktop
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Click and drag “This PC” out of the File Explorer window and onto the Desktop on the left pane.
- Doing so will create a shortcut to the present PC on the Desktop.
How to Display the My Computer Icon on the Windows 11 Desktop without shortcut
- Right-click anywhere on Desktop, then select Personalize.
- In the Personalization settings window, select Themes.
- Next, select Desktop icon settings.
- Under desktop icons, enable the checkbox for “Computer “. this may add “This PC” to your Desktop.
In the Desktop Icon Settings window, you’ll add any of the available default desktop icons like This PC, Recycle Bin, User’s Files, instrument panel and Network to your Desktop.
1.Why can’t I see my icon on my Desktop?
Right-click on a space on your Desktop. Click on the “View” option from the context menu to expand the choices. Confirm that “Show desktop icons” is ticked. If it is not, simply click thereon once to ensure it wasn’t causing issues with displaying your desktop icons.
2.What are the icons on the Desktop?
Icons are small pictures that represent files, folders, programs, and other items. Once you first start Windows, you will see a minimum of one icon on your Desktop: the Recycle Bin (more thereon later). Your computer manufacturer may need added other icons to the Desktop.
3.How are icons used today?
Icons are often effective once they are wont to improve the visual interest and grab the user’s attention. Provide Functionality and Feedback. Imagine a video player with the words play and pause compared to the icons currently used. Icons allow us to speak a thought quickly.
- [Windows 10] Overnight, the “padding” on all my Desktop icons increased, and now everything is spaced out much farther than they were before. How am I able to fix this?
5.Desktop icons, not exposure