Here we can see, “How to Create a Shutdown Icon in Windows 10”
True, shutting down your Windows 10 PC the old-fashioned way takes only three clicks. But why waste the extra effort when you can do it in half the time? All you have to do is create a shutdown icon to save time.
Create a Shutdown Icon
- Right-click your desktop, hover over “New,” and then select “Shortcut” to make a shutdown icon.
- The menu for “Create Shortcut” appears. Type the following command in the text box under “Type the item’s location,” then click “Next”:
Shutdown.exe /s /t 00
- If you want, give your new shortcut a name in the next window. Because “Shutdown” is the default, we’ll use it in this example.
- To complete the setup, click “Finish.”
- On your desktop, a new shutdown icon will appear.
- When you double-click the icon, your computer will now shut down immediately.
Other Useful Shortcuts
As you might expect, in addition to Shutdown, you can create several other shortcuts. The good news is that you don’t have to give up one shortcut to gain access to another—you can make as many as you want.
So, right-click your Desktop once more, hover over “New,” and then select “Shortcut.” Then, to make the other shortcuts you want, type any of the commands listed below.
|Command||Shortcut Icon Type|
|Shutdown.exe /r /t 00||Restart|
|rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0||Sleep|
|Rundll32.exe User32.dll,LockWorkStation||Lock PC|
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
- Can you tell me how to make a shutdown shortcut?
Select “New,” then “Shortcut” from the right-click menu on the desktop. The Create Shortcut window will appear. Enter the shutdown command. Enter shutdown /s in the field labeled “Type the item’s location.” This will create a shortcut that will shut down the computer after a default timer of 30 seconds.
- Can you tell me how to make a shutdown folder?
Right-click your desktop, hover over “New,” and then select “Shortcut” to make a shutdown icon.
If you want, give your new shortcut a name in the next window. Because “shutdown” is the default, we’ll use it in this example. To complete the setup, click “Finish.”
- How come Alt F4 isn’t working?
If the Alt + F4 shortcut doesn’t work, try pressing the Fn key and then try the Alt + F4 shortcut again. Try pressing Fn + F4 at the same time. If you still don’t see any difference, try pressing and holding Fn for a few seconds. If ALT + Fn + F4 doesn’t work, try ALT + Fn + F4.
- Is it possible to shut down and restart a shortcut with a confirmation dialogue?
Shutdown and restart shortcut with confirmation dialogue? from Windows10
- Create a shutdown/reboot shortcut on the desktop in windows 10
Create a shutdown/reboot shortcut on the desktop in windows 10 from Windows10