If you’ve got a growing audience on YouTube, you might’ve considered changing your channel name. Here’s the way How to Change Your YouTube Channel Name.
Your YouTube channel’s name is undoubtedly essential—users are interested in media with catchy phrases and even subscribe to such channels.
Therefore, everyone should skill to change their YouTube channel name if you are unsure how we’ll re-evaluate everything you would like to understand to vary your channel name on YouTube.
How to Change Your YouTube Channel Name
YouTube provides a separate dashboard, referred to as YouTube Studio, to anyone who owns a channel on the platform. You’ll open up YouTube Studio and manage information related to your channel pretty easily.
Doing this may change your channel name and, therefore, the name on your Google account. to vary the name of your YouTube channel, follow the steps provided below.
- Head over to the official YouTube website from the browser of your choice.
- Sign in to your YouTube account by entering your credentials.
- Click on your Profile Picture, located within the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select YouTube Studio from the dropdown menu.
- On the left sidebar, scroll down and click on on the choice that says Customization.
- Under Channel Customization, switch to the essential Info tab.
- Click on the tiny Pencil icon located right next to your channel name.
- Type a new name for your YouTube channel.
- Hit Publish to save lots of the changes.
Remember that changing your YouTube channel name using the steps above will also modify your Google account name.
If you would like to vary your channel name without modifying your Google name, you will have to make a brand account. We’ll explain the way to do this below.
How to Change Your YouTube Channel Name Without Changing Google Name
When you create a replacement channel on YouTube, your channel gets linked to your Google account. That is why any changes you make to your YouTube channel are reflected on your Google account.
Creating a brand account are often helpful for those that want to keep their identity intact while managing a YouTube channel.
After creating a replacement brand account, your channel account and your Google account will be separated. You’ll then easily switch between the two accounts whenever you would like to.
To create a brand account on YouTube:
- Go to the official YouTube website and check in to your account.
- Click on the Account option located within the top-right corner.
- Select the Settings option from the dropdown menu.
- Under the Your YouTube channel section, click on the choice that says Add or manage your channel(s).
- Select the choice Create a Channel.
- YouTube will now invite the name of your new brand account. Type the new name you would like your channel to possess. Click on Create.
Now that you have created a brand account, it’s time for you to maneuver your YouTube channel to the newly-created brand account. Here’s the way to do this:
- After you’ve created a brand account, you will be automatically redirected to the new account channel page. Sign out of the brand account and log in to your original YouTube channel.
- Select the Account option located within the top-right corner of your screen.
- Click on the choice that says Settings.
- Under the Your YouTube channel section, click on View advanced settings.
- Scroll down and choose the Move channel to a brand account option.
- Type in your account password for verification purposes.
- From here, you will see the list of all the brand accounts related to your Google account.
- Click on the Replace option located right next to your brand account entry.
- YouTube will now delete the info related to the brand account. Check I understand and need to proceed, and click on Delete Channel.
- Click on Move Channel to finalize the method.
Now, you will have a unique channel name, and you will still be ready to retain your Google name.
Managing Your Channel Information on YouTube
Starting a YouTube channel requires creating a banner for the track, fixing the channel art, writing the outline, and tons more. But everyone seems to undervalue the facility of a channel name. And as a result, users need to change their terms again within the future.
Content creators got to try their best if they need to stay within the game. YouTube has become extremely competitive nowadays, and you’ve got to face out from the gang if you would like to grow.